Creperie on Allura

SeaWatch12

23 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Oceania posted this on their Instagram account yesterday. This would be a welcome addition to the new ship. Anyone know where it would be located?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3i5GVGLDSN/?igsh=Mm13YzQ4eXQ2YWRk 

They are relocating and apparently downsizing the library to make room for the crepe and ice cream venues.

• Thanks 1

Interesting that O sent out the huge 130+ page book on Allura back in 9/2023. Deck plans found on pages 84-85. At that time no dedicated Creperie or Ice Cream venues shown.

1 minute ago, MEFIowa said:

Interesting that O sent out the huge 130+ page book on Allura back in 9/2023. Deck plans found on pages 84-85. At that time no dedicated Creperie or Ice Cream venues shown.

There has also been a construction delay announced since that 9/23 booklet. Lots of time for changes.

9 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

They are relocating and apparently downsizing the library to make room for the crepe and ice cream venues.

Oh no, not the library. The extensive bookcases and seating areas on Vista were wonderful. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

There has also been a construction delay announced since that 9/23 booklet. Lots of time for changes.

Yes, I'm aware. Just fascinating how these weren't in the original plans, for a project that had design and engineering work done years in advance. And O prints up a huge book that is partially outdated just on the deck plans before the ship is ever in service.

6 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

I did not receive it in the post like you did.

Was on Regatta, Sept 2023, when Allura itins. announced.  Each cabin had the huge brochure.  Wanted to take it home, but, oh so heavy.

Came home and ordered it from O website, receiving confirm email.  Never came.  Called up a couple months later to enquire, and rep ordered it again.  Still never came. I just ordered it again today from website.  We shall see.

Learned from Seatrade Cruise News, O has a new magazine/brochure called Your World. Also ordered it from website.  Hoping both will arrive.  Maybe they don't want me back!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pinotlover said:

That’s a shame. Personally I’ve always thought the lower level of the atrium was such wasted space on Marina and Riviera and thought some sort of cafe would be better use of this area.  

6 hours ago, jonthomas said:

A creperie, wow that would be nice. Would like to see it on the Vista as well. Now without Jaques, there is nowhere to get crepes.

Hey, maybe they could make them at the bakery.

No, please not “the bakery doesn’t make anything special” discussion again… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, maxamize said:

No, please not “the bakery doesn’t make anything special” discussion again… 

Agree.  Really don’t want to see another breakdown session with all of the 😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As if that is the most important issue with cruising today.

Glad I could provide you with comments you can respond to. 

Really would love to see a creperie on the Vista, we have 4 cruises coming up on Vista but none on Allura. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

... Really would love to see a creperie on the Vista, we have 4 cruises coming up on Vista but none on Allura. 

23 hours ago, jonthomas said:

A creperie, wow that would be nice. Would like to see it on the Vista as well. Now without Jaques, there is nowhere to get crepes....

Though maybe they'll add the IHOP or Waffle House or Denny's equivalent to Allura & Vista to go along with Ember? More savory American specialties, but for breakfast! 😉

• Haha 4

I like the idea of putting the creperie in the empty space on deck 5.  Deck 5 atrium has lots of dead space.  I often thought it would be nice if the atrium had a bar or coffee station with cookies or small sandwiches.   When you return from an excursion or a day ashore, being able to get a nice drink when you board would be fantastic.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I like the idea of putting the creperie in the empty space on deck 5.  Deck 5 atrium has lots of dead space.  I often thought it would be nice if the atrium had a bar or coffee station with cookies or small sandwiches.   When you return from an excursion or a day ashore, being able to get a nice drink when you board would be fantastic.  

Martinis is right there and convenient! Putting in a crepe place or other food and beverage joint in the main atrium would make the ship look like a shopping mall and detract from the elegance of the ship. Just imo.

• Like 5

On 2/24/2024 at 8:18 AM, ORV said:

Some people just want Oceania to be Celebrity. That's the way it's laid out in that area. 

Maybe, more like a hodgepodge from various ships to create their perfect ship experience! 🤣

I do not want any other experience except the one on O, as can do the comparisons and decide which ship experiences I value most when booking other cruises.

Edited by Lastdance

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 8:55 PM, CruisingIGo said:

On Allura, the new Creperie will be located near Baristas on the port side (same location as library on Vista).  Allura’s library will be moved upstairs near Horizons.

Would be a truly horrendous decision to move (and downsize?) the gorgeous library that is such an asset on Vista.  Library/Barrista's/bakery arrangement is perfect.

Edited by ohmark
  • Like 4

On 2/20/2024 at 7:55 PM, CruisingIGo said:

On Allura, the new Creperie will be located near Baristas on the port side (same location as library on Vista).  Allura’s library will be moved upstairs near Horizons.

Looking at the Allura Deck Plan on O's site, Baristas and Horizons are on the same deck. I wonder if they are taking out the Conference Center or maybe merging it with the LYNC room.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:02 AM, pinotlover said:

Disappointing as we are those that enjoy the libraries (best still on the R ships IMO).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DoulaAnn said:

Looking at the Allura Deck Plan on O's site, Baristas and Horizons are on the same deck. I wonder if they are taking out the Conference Center or maybe merging it with the LYNC room.

Indeed, the Allura deck plan on O's site shows the same arrangement of the Library, Barista's, and The Bakery as on Vista. Allura Cruise Ship Deck Plans Details | Oceania Cruises

On 2/24/2024 at 8:58 AM, pinotlover said:

Martinis is right there and convenient! Putting in a crepe place or other food and beverage joint in the main atrium would make the ship look like a shopping mall and detract from the elegance of the ship. Just imo.

I'm a big fan of Martini's and would hate to see it go away.