MSC now on Port of Los Angeles schedule - Fall 2025

Cruising89143

I only saw it from Oct/25 through Dec/25 with 7 day cruises so maybe Mexico or west coast cruises?

Could find nothing for any of those timeframes on MSC's website or any other site.

It'd be nice to see some departures on the other side of the country for a change.

MSC hasn't announced it yet, the port schedules often "leak" the schedule before it is announced by the cruise company.

After working out of Asia, it looks like they'll do 7-night Mexican Riviera sailings (probably Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan)... the big question will be if they'll move north in the spring to do Alaska sailings.

Splendida is also now in the Pacific... will be interesting to see if they do Australia as well

It's great to see more ships homeporting on the West Coast.  RC's Quantum of the Seas will start sailing from LA around the same time as Bellisima.

Edited by TYCruise

Maybe with more ships on the west coast we'll see greater variety of itineraries (MSC will likely do a basic Mexican Riviera itin, but maybe this will push others to specialize)

• Like 1

Good catch.  7 night cruises out of L.A., likely to Baja California.  I'm in San Diego, so that's fairly convenient.  I've already sailed on Bellissima, but we had a nice time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, peder said:

MSC hasn't announced it yet, the port schedules often "leak" the schedule before it is announced by the cruise company.

After working out of Asia, it looks like they'll do 7-night Mexican Riviera sailings (probably Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan)... the big question will be if they'll move north in the spring to do Alaska sailings.

Splendida is also now in the Pacific... will be interesting to see if they do Australia as well

I’m thinking Alaska and L.A year round. Prior to the pandemic MSC was working with RCI and another cruise line (I think NCL) on a new terminal for Seattle. Of course the pandemic stopped the discussion. I’m guessing that they want to expand across more U.S ports. 

12 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I also see MSC Magnifica in San Diego on Feb. 3rd, 2026.  But it's a one-time stop.  Could it be headed to Alaska?
https://www.cruisetimetables.com/san-diego-california-cruise-ship-schedule-2026.html

It's just  a port call on a 188 night world cruise that starts in Europe in early January and returns to Europe at its conclusion in May.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cruising89143 said:

I’m thinking Alaska and L.A year round. Prior to the pandemic MSC was working with RCI and another cruise line (I think NCL) on a new terminal for Seattle. Of course the pandemic stopped the discussion. I’m guessing that they want to expand across more U.S ports. 

Seattle has two cruise ports.
Pier 66 is exclusively for NCL and Oceania.  Recently, NCL renovated this pier to be able to accommodate the newer mega ships they were bringing for Alaska Cruises.

This terminal has direct access ( walkable) to Pike Place Market and the city.

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 serves as homeport for Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean.

Currently, there are no plans for a new cruise terminal.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:24 PM, Stockjock said:

Good catch.  7 night cruises out of L.A., likely to Baja California.  I'm in San Diego, so that's fairly convenient.  I've already sailed on Bellissima, but we had a nice time.

We live in Seattle and spend winters outside Los Angeles. Looks like many more MSC cruises may be our future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phissy said:

Seattle has two cruise ports.
Pier 66 is exclusively for NCL and Oceania.  Recently, NCL renovated this pier to be able to accommodate the newer mega ships they were bringing for Alaska Cruises.

This terminal has direct access ( walkable) to Pike Place Market and the city.

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 serves as homeport for Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean.

Currently, there are no plans for a new cruise terminal.

As  I stated above, “before” the pandemic there was talk of an additional pier.

https://www.portseattle.org/projects/new-cruise-terminal

• Thanks 1

Talk about thread creep - what started out as MSC sailing out of LA has evolved to the for now scrapped plans for a new cruise terminal in Seattle.  Not that I mind...it's good to keep up on developments in the cruising world!

• 3 weeks later...

For 2026 MSC Magnifica will do this world tour

Ports of embarkment: Civitavecchia, Genoa, Marseille, Barcelona, San Francisco and Tokyo (these last two ones just for Grand Voyages)

MSC World Cruise 2026 map | MSC Cruises

On 2/24/2024 at 5:57 PM, Av8tor said:

Talk about thread creep - what started out as MSC sailing out of LA has evolved to the for now scrapped plans for a new cruise terminal in Seattle.  Not that I mind...it's good to keep up on developments in the cruising world!

I guess I would say it's not thread creep because most ships homeporting on the west coast will embark out of San Diego or Los Angeles in the winter and Seattle in the Summer, so if MSC is planning on bringing a ship to Los Angeles, it also means they must have something figured out (i.e. a new terminal) in Seattle.

Happy to hear that MSC is expanding into more US ports. Sounds like their foray into the US market is going well. Not even a full year since they started sailings out of NYC, they are building a new terminal in Galveston, and looks like they will be sailing out of LA by the end of 2025. All really good signs for their growth and expansion.

I have posted here all MSC itineraries (Jaimie.... which is still missing for you??)

In case of operating from Los Angeles, will it be moving another ship or just with a new ship?

9 minutes ago, alserrod said:

I have posted here all MSC itineraries (Jaimie.... which is still missing for you??)

In case of operating from Los Angeles, will it be moving another ship or just with a new ship?

The Port of Los Angeles schedule linked in the original post of this thread shows the Bellisima beginning in October 2025.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, peder said:

So a repositioning cruise from Japan to LA with a stop in Hawaii? That'll be a popular one.

Yes please 🙂

The Asia repositioning cruises had some great itineraries pre-pandemic. I would love these back.