Car service from Southampton to Heathrow Airport

rheasue38

It's several years since we transferred from Southampton to London (never to Heathrow as far as I remember) but there are a number of services I have used in the past. Since we haven't traveled since before Covid I don't want to make any recommendations here but if you want to email me (see my addy below) I will be happy to tell you which services we have used in the past.

Hopefully they are still in business!

We have also used several private carriers in the past, choosing after a Google search.  All have been very satisfactory.  This time (June this year) we have booked a large people carrier (up to 6 people, and 6 suitcases) through Booking.com. after disembarking our Cunard cruise in Southampton. Only for the two of us, but we need the larger vehicle because we are travelling for over two months, and have an array of luggage.  We have also used Booking.com for transfers from Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia to our hotel before embarkation of our prior Oceania cruise in April, and the same for our transfer from Trieste to our Venice Airport hotel at the end of the Oceania cruise, before flying to Edinburgh.  We find Booking.com's format familiar, and easy to cancel or make changes.  The Southampton carrier they use is Talixo.  

Hi @rheasue38,

We recently booked a Southampton to London transfer with Empire UK Chauffeur.  I was impressed at how quickly they got back to me and how thorough they were in gathering the info they needed to make sure we could be in contact at the time of the pick-up.  Hoping that the rest of their service is as good.

I had tried a different firm first but found their quote to be exorbitant.

Cheers,

Greg from the WildWanderers.

It's best if you have an early flight to find a company that calls Southampton home. I have found four, Totally Driven UK, Twelve Transfers, West Quay Cars and Radio Taxis. There may be more. The only one I am familiar with is West Quay.

International Friends and other companies out of London share drivers if that matters to you. 

We are looking for this summer and rates have really gone up since we did this a couple of years ago. One way to control costs is to share the ride with other passengers on the cruise.

23 hours ago, ruthnlarry said:

We have used Blackberrycars several times.  https://www.blackberrycars.com

They have always provided excellent service at a reasonable price.  

Used Blackberry last fall, LHR to Southampton and Southampton to London.  Service was spot on and reasonably priced.  I would use them again.

• Like 1

We normally use Blackberry as well but this time we have an earlier flight out of LHR and think it's best to use a local company that won't face the common traffic problems a London based company might face.