Balcony vs Club balcony suite

grossguy

16 hours ago, grossguy said:

What's the difference?  The pics and floor plans look similar. Specifically on the Joy. 

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Distinctive Purple Keycard
  • Pre-book onboard dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing
  • 1 complimentary valet laundry
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • Treats delivered to your stateroom twice per week.
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens and pillows
  • Lemongrass bathroom products
  • Bathrobes
  • TV, refrigerator, safe, and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed.
  • Coffee maker & ice bucket available upon request.
  • 24-hour standard room service menu
  • Continental breakfast menu

Depending on the ship the location can be great or bad, The Jewel Class ships they are under the buffet and pool areas so noise can be a problem.

On The Escape and Encore they are on several different decks so you can choose a quieter location.

We enjoy the Club Balcony and it's perks but I won't book them if they are in noisy areas.

On 2/24/2024 at 12:42 PM, cruiser2015 said:

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

•  
  • TV, refrigerator, safe, and hair dryer
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed.
  • Coffee maker & ice bucket available upon request.
  • 24-hour standard room service menu
  • Continental breakfast menu

How are these "exclusive?"

On 2/23/2024 at 10:23 PM, grossguy said:

What's the difference?  The pics and floor plans look similar. Specifically on the Joy. 

In many cases, NCL will use the same photo/rendering for different categories. Some categories have different configurations but NCL will use 1 photo/rendering to represent both.

Joy seems to have more "issues" with deck plan inaccuracy than the other NCL ships. Nearly all of them have errors but Joy (because of so many changes and unique features) has the most.

When we sailed on the Breakaway last November, I did some research on the differences and (in addition to the amenities someone mentioned above), the bathrooms were noticeably larger in the Mini Suites. The rest of the room seemed about the same size. It was worth it for us, in terms of paying a bit more.

2 hours ago, EngrJones said:

How are these "exclusive?"

Hey, I didn't write this thing - it's straight from the NCL site.

And indeed some of these are not exclusive.

Mostly, it's these:

• Distinctive Purple Keycard (all suites)
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation

3 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Hey, I didn't write this thing - it's straight from the NCL site.

And indeed some of these are not exclusive.

Mostly, it's these:

• Distinctive Purple Keycard (all suites)
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation

Yeah, I know.  And two of those are redundant with Platinum or above status, while the other three are just complete jokes. It really is just the second sink in the bathroom.  Why would I need a larger bathroom with two sinks?

3 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

Yeah, I know.  And two of those are redundant with Platinum or above status, while the other three are just complete jokes. It really is just the second sink in the bathroom.  Why would I need a larger bathroom with two sinks?

IDK about you - some people like the extra elbow room; some may want to use the 2 sinks at once.

For me, the best part is the shower - larger and those body sprays are fantastic! Forceful and true massage capabilities. A definite plus.

Not being platinum (not everyone is) I also got to do a free bag of laundry.

Also got a plate of cookies - the only ones I saw for the entire 15 days last month.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

No, larger shower with this awesome sprays..  different toilet config / where it sits just much more comfortable. 

edit: this was the escape I'm talking about

Edited by D_And_K_gocruising

Just off the Breakaway in a Club Balcony Suite with large balcony. Suite in name only as cabin is the same size as a balcony cabin as in on the small size. Bathroom has a double sink. Shower is a walk in which was big enough for the two of us, but we are thin people. I am 71, well travelled, but this was the best shower with the best water pressure I have ever experienced. Maybe got lucky??? Balcony was very deep. We got 3 bottles of wine, 6 cans of water and snacks on 3 days. Worth the extra few dollars. We were in cabin # 8124.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EngrJones said:

How much more did you pay for this?

We paid about $3400 for two of us. This included unlimited drink package, pre-paid tips, 150 minutes of internet each, 2 nights of specialty dining. Sure the price varies depending on when you are sailing and other factors.

• Like 1

engr jones, before you chastise mexico bob, you need to establish how much he was paying for the balcony cabin. if the difference was $3400, that's a lot for the larger bathroom, if he was paying $2500 for the balcony and upped it to $3400, that's only a $900 difference, or $450 per person. 

so dont     please throw stones, or tell anyone how to spend their money. it's not nice lol

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:05 AM, EngrJones said:

How much more did you pay for this?

Costs will vary depending on the specific cruise, but the up charge will run from $100 per cabin for a 7 day at a minimum. I'd guess the average will be around $300-400 per week for 2 passengers. 

Just do a mock booking for a cruise that interests you. When you get to the cabin category selection page, you will see at a glance the pricing for a minimum balcony/CBS next to each other. 

We paid about $200 more per person. Bigger bathroom was nice..............but we wanted the giant balcony, which was worth it for us. Four bottles of decent wine were also enjoyed.

I used to enjoy Cruise Critic but there sure are some morons on these boards now.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:17 PM, complawyer said:

engr jones, before you chastise mexico bob, you need to establish how much he was paying for the balcony cabin. if the difference was $3400, that's a lot for the larger bathroom, if he was paying $2500 for the balcony and upped it to $3400, that's only a $900 difference, or $450 per person. 

so dont     please throw stones, or tell anyone how to spend their money. it's not nice lol

I feel like I just got hit by a stone.  Where did that come from? 🤣

21 hours ago, mexicobob said:

We paid about $200 more per person. Bigger bathroom was nice..............but we wanted the giant balcony, which was worth it for us. Four bottles of decent wine were also enjoyed.

I used to enjoy Cruise Critic but there sure are some morons on these boards now.

Well, you're the one who said you paid $3400 more for the bigger bathroom.  I guess what goes around comes around.