Share holder benefit

crompton21

The details of the share holder benefit are published in the annual report, as most will be aware the benefit has always been time limited with the current scheme being valid for bookings made by 28/2/24 and departing by 31/7/24.

The annual report for 2023 was published yesterday.  As far as I can see, there are not any details of a share holder benefit scheme included within it.  You can check this by going to the Carnival investor relations website and looking at the annual reports for 2022/2023.

An oversight or has it been removed?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I don’t see why they would have moved to the Stockperks app to then discontinue.

Is it possible that by using one contact point to process the data there was suddenly a greater visibility on what it was actually costing across all the companies?  Hopefully it's just an oversight that the information is currently missing.

3 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

Is it possible that by using one contact point to process the data there was suddenly a greater visibility on what it was actually costing across all the companies?  Hopefully it's just an oversight that the information is currently missing.

Both good points.

But I would argue that the cost of this perk is tiny in terms of CCL's accounts overall and any saving from doing away with the perk would probably be significantly less than the financial impacts arising from the negative message about the company's financial stability and post-Covid recovery that would be transmitted to the markets, investors and passengers were the perk to be removed.

• Like 1

Just a heads up reading the terms and conditions from last year, 28th February 24 you have to book by to get the share obc upto the 31st July so if you are thinking of booking a late cruise say June or July 24 say guess you most book by 28th Feb 24

Well spotted crompton21!  That whole page is missing from the 2023 accounts, and there's no longer any mention of the benefit. They must have concluded that the 'cost' of the benefit outweighed any additional profit from bookings that wouldn't otherwise have been made.

Very unlikely to be an oversight - unless they're planning to keep the benefit entirely outside the accounts, which would probably breach accounting rules.

The vast majority of the shares will be owned by institutions, so any sell-off by private individuals is unlikely to have any noticeable impact, and in any event a drop in the share price doesn't affect the company in any way.  Unless of course it wants at some point to issue more shares to raise capital.

33 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

No mention of OBC concerns on other forums, either on here or elsewhere.

I remember similar questions being asked in previous years, the shareholders benefit website was not updated until several months after the shareholders meeting. As the old saying goes "We will have to wait and see" I will have a shilling each way that the benefit is extended.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

That might, I suspect, be because @crompton21 is amongst a tiny number of people who actually read company reports!  Great spot by them.

I have started a similar thread on the Princess board to see what people there think.

49 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

That might, I suspect, be because @crompton21 is amongst a tiny number of people who actually read company reports!  Great spot by them.

I have started a similar thread on the Princess board to see what people there think.

I've no idea if it will be kept or not. I,'ll join Phil with a shilling it stays.

• Like 3

As it is not in the Annual Report then it cannot be approved as a block vote at the AGM therefore it will have to be presented to the AGM as a separate motion which may possibly be something to do with Shareperks.

1 hour ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

I've seen it and it is so easy to wind the Americans up over something like this😇

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, david63 said:

I've seen it and it is so easy to wind the Americans up over something like this😇

Especially if we tell them we will be knocking the OBC equivalent off the tips.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, crompton21 said:

When you consider in 2018 the per share price was around £40 so a hundred shares would have cost you £4000 but today the cost is about £1100.

Maybe they are considering raising the minimum number of shares held, to say 400.

16 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I have seen a couple of mentions on that well known platform. Some answers said they don't normally announce it till after the annual reports. So 🤞🤞they are right

12 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I have seen a couple of mentions on that well known platform. Some answers said they don't normally announce it till after the annual reports. So 🤞🤞they are right

Normally it’s included in the reports I believe.

22 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

That is interesting.  So, if there's no vote on it at the AGM, does that mean that the perk expires at the end of July?

Yes, just naturally ends. No announcement.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Moley's comment seems ominous. Looks like I'll be selling mine this year, hopefully for a nice profit, I bought at £5.40.

Oh well, will wait and see what happens . Nice to get the extra monies. But will be selling for a nice profit as well.