Elite Happy Hour

We loved the 4 voucher system on Royal for the equivalent diamond level, that could be used throughout the day. A cocktail during the afternoon, a pre dinner drink, one voucher for 40% discount on a bottle of wine over dinner and then a post dinner drink was great and we weren’t forced to use our loyalty drinks within a 2 hour window, which isn’t good for anybody.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kruzgal said:

We loved the 4 voucher system on Royal for the equivalent diamond level, that could be used throughout the day. A cocktail during the afternoon, a pre dinner drink, one voucher for 40% discount on a bottle of wine over dinner and then a post dinner drink was great and we weren’t forced to use our loyalty drinks within a 2 hour window, which isn’t good for anybody.

Fully agree with you! However, non drinkers & people who reject any change are totally against it. I have suggested this and others have, too. They say they don't want X to be RCI. LOL

3 hours ago, kruzgal said:

not everyone drinks for the 2 hours. We are happy to have one and don't drink through the day except water plus 2 coffee for me

It was started initially for small group ambiance... and was much.less about the drinks.

Now with large #s of eligible cruisers including many Royal Diamond Crossovers, it's more about the free drinks.  Some cruisers skip buying alc packages and try to rely on this program and other freebies.

Having  alc availability at bars and a few actual get togethers seems like a good compromise to us.. We buy our package and do not go to the  bars for our perk,  but enjoy the get togethers.

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Yes, but they are not very good IMHO 

Thanks.  They were, IMHO, hit and miss prior to the shutdown so not expecting much.  We'll have our first opportunity to attend since before shutdown in May 

9 hours ago, Oxo said:

Sorry I'm confused on your comment. 'I almost never was able to go in the past.'

HH is still held from 5 to 7pm. So how has that changed for you?

I agree with most of your comments. I personally would like to see where I could spread my drinks over the day. Not strictly to 5 to 7pm. Get them in the MDR. JMHO! 

As I mentioned, I am often still sitting out by the pool or just coming back to the ship at that time of day as opposed to being dressed to go to the designated indoor space. Additionally, when your traveling companions are not Elite, you have to choose between your friends and family and the Elite Happy Hour when it’s held in a location with limited entry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torfamm said:

As I mentioned, I am often still sitting out by the pool or just coming back to the ship at that time of day as opposed to being dressed to go to the designated indoor space. Additionally, when your traveling companions are not Elite, you have to choose between your friends and family and the Elite Happy Hour when it’s held in a location with limited entry

If I want to be inside , I would stay at home 😁

Does soda on the HH menu include mocktails (non-frozen drinks) or is it just limited to single items in cans? We’ve always had the package previously, so this is a new experience for us - change is as good as a rest 🤣.

On 2/26/2024 at 7:41 PM, Oxo said:

It is only for 2 hours from 5 -7pm.

Now RCI allows the Diamond (4), Diamond+ (5) and Pennical (6) everyday at any time at any bar including MDR, showroom, Specialty Restaurants. 

That is a really nice perk we have on Royal for our Diamond Plus status. I'm hoping Celebrity will eventually be as liberal as this with their benefits for Elite. I've recently cruised on Beyond and just off Ascent. I'm REALLY loving this class of Celebrity ships.

9 hours ago, villauk said:

Does soda on the HH menu include mocktails (non-frozen drinks) or is it just limited to single items in cans? We’ve always had the package previously, so this is a new experience for us - change is as good as a rest 🤣.

Just the items shown on the menu plus sodas and water - you can several of these in cans/bottles.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, coffeebean said:

That is a really nice perk we have on Royal for our Diamond Plus status. I'm hoping Celebrity will eventually be as liberal as this with their benefits for Elite. I've recently cruised on Beyond and just off Ascent. I'm REALLY loving this class of Celebrity ships.

Glad the Royal system works for you.

However X's system is much better for us - at Elite + we get unlimited speciality coffees/teas/chocolate (hot and iced). Lots of free water and sodas in unopened bottles and cans from 5 to 7 to last 24 hours. If we drank alcohol free drinks 5 to 7 plus  champagne, mimosas and bloody Mary's at the Elite Breakfast. Smoothies at the Elite breakfast.

• Like 1