Elite Happy Hour

On 2/27/2024 at 9:20 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We on the Equinox next November, 12 nights, $1666 CAD for 2 with taxes and port fees for a V2 balcony,

To get the drink package wifi and tips it was $4200 for 2 , which we didn’t think that it was worth it 

I have to say, I have never seen that big of a difference, that is a lot. 

49 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have to say, I have never seen that big of a difference, that is a lot. 

Thats a  $106 pp pd. a bit high but includes the gratuities in addition to the beverages and wi-fi.  Without gratuities the beverage pkg and wi-fi is $88.50 pp pd, I have seen AI range from $70 - 90 pp pd lately.  

Just noticed this in a Celebrity email to me.

'Last month, the Elite Cocktail Hour Lounge returned twice per cruise on sailings 5-7 nights, and three times per cruise on sailings 8 nights or longer.'

WOW, it use to be 5 nights out of 7, now it's only 2. Big EXTRA!!!!

Then they add:

It’s been wildly popular, and the member turnout has been awesome. It’s great to see members mingling, laughing, and enjoying amazing conversations with their fellow Captain’s Club members. Don’t miss the fantastic cocktails and good times on your next sailing. The only way we can make Elite Cocktail Hour any better is with you.'

12 minutes ago, Oxo said:

'Last month, the Elite Cocktail Hour Lounge returned twice per cruise on sailings 5-7 nights, and three times per cruise on sailings 8 nights or longer.'

Then they add:

It’s been wildly popular, and the member turnout has been awesome. It’s great to see members mingling, laughing, and enjoying amazing conversations with their fellow Captain’s Club members. Don’t miss the fantastic cocktails and good times on your next sailing. The only way we can make Elite Cocktail Hour any better is with you.'

It's a start. Speak with the CC host and tell him/her how much you appreciate the CC HH event being brought back and also tell her/him hopefully the CC will extend the evenings back to what it was pre shut down. 

21 hours ago, Oxo said:

If the lounge is only 2 or 3 times per cruise, are we still allowed to go to the bar those other nights, excluding Embarkation to get free drinks from 5-7pm?

7 minutes ago, Oxo said:

If the lounge is only 2 or 3 times per cruise, are we still allowed to go to the bar those other nights, excluding Embarkation to get free drinks from 5-7pm?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

not just those nights but every night except embarkation. The Lounge is an extra. not a replacement

On 3/1/2024 at 6:32 PM, Oxo said:

Then they add:

depends on how you look at it.

Originally just in one venue usually Sky Lounge.

Changed mainly due to the size of the groups to being at almost every bar but without the nibbles. Now still in almost every bar plus the Lounge on 2 or 3 nights.

I was disappointed on Eclipse recently. The Lounge was fully open to all cruisers so with the addition of many seats it became almost impossible to find a seat or order a drink.

It amazes me how any and all cruise lines reduce perks, but make it sound like they are really giving you more. SMH

Example a quote from Celebrity.

It’s been wildly popular, and the member turnout has been awesome. It’s great to see members mingling, laughing, and enjoying amazing conversations with their fellow Captain’s Club members. Don’t miss the fantastic cocktails and good times on your next sailing. The only way we can make Elite Cocktail Hour any better is with you.'

Why didn't they leave it the way it was? 

Personally I don't care as I do cruise other lines. I just feel that as an Elite+ member I should voice my opinion. Too many perks taken away. Drink prices are to the point with the Classic pkg, you are very limited. Martinis are $17 each.

No nickle & diming here. LOL

We always went to the Elite Cocktail Hour before they stopped it but now enjoy just going to one of the bars for drinks.  I found that the room is so big that there is really not much interaction with other guests.  I guess many complained and now we have  both options.

The Happy Hour in the lounge ended because of covid and moved to pretty much every/any bar on board.

Celebrity is now ADDING back the separate restricted lounge back for 2 nights.  This is a step toward returning  to pre covid.

We like the Elite lounge but was often very noisy. 

Cannot see why the complaints 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The Happy Hour in the lounge ended because of covid and moved to pretty much every/any bar on board.

Celebrity is now ADDING back the separate restricted lounge back for 2 nights.  This is a step toward returning  to pre covid.

PreCovid is over. Been over for couple of years. That excuse is OLD!

Facts are facts and not complaints. Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oxo said:

PreCovid is over. Been over for couple of years. That excuse is OLD!

Facts are facts and not complaints. Happy Cruising! 

PreCovid is over , anything pre is the pass so it has been always over 🤣

The best thing they did with HH before Covid was when they started to give out coupons to use at any bar 

Happy Hour at Sunset Bar during Black out on a Suez Canal cruise , so much nicer outside 

IMG_3956.thumb.jpeg.2ad6beee0667869f3e6784bc57e6f404.jpeg

At any of these events we have never been asked for our room card or name.  Even at the complementary wine tasting there are always many more settings at the tables than needed.  Not sure how they know we are invited.  Since we are, I never worried about it.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I think everyone wishes it would be the way they like it. Whether you are someone who would prefer to enjoy your happy hour drinks wherever and with whomever you like, or whether you prefer that they close a space and limit entry only to elites and above, you’d probably prefer to have the option you like available every night.

Those of us who prefer the new system are thrilled, those who liked having happy hour only available in a designated space with limited access and snacks passed feel they lost something.

I’m firmly in the group that feels I’ve gained something. I like to be able to have drinks with my travel companions and often outdoors. We are rarely dressed and ready for dinner as early as the happy hour. I almost never was able to go in the past.

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I’m firmly in the group that feels I’ve gained something. I like to be able to have drinks with my travel companions and often outdoors. We are rarely dressed and ready for dinner as early as the happy hour. I almost never was able to go in the past.

Sorry I'm confused on your comment. 'I almost never was able to go in the past.'

HH is still held from 5 to 7pm. So how has that changed for you?

I agree with most of your comments. I personally would like to see where I could spread my drinks over the day. Not strictly to 5 to 7pm. Get them in the MDR. JMHO! 

18 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Sorry I'm confused on your comment. 'I almost never was able to go in the past.'

HH is still held from 5 to 7pm. So how has that changed for you?

When HH was held solely in the lounge, there was a dress code, including no flip flops.

27 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

When HH was held solely in the lounge, there was a dress code, including no flip flops.

SMH! Dress code\no flip flops? LOL How could they do that? 

Honestly I think the last time I went to any of the CC events was on Mercury.  Many I get, do have a preference for it.   I mainly sailed with the drink package since its been out there, as always able to get a great rate thru my TA.  Not that Im anti social but when I travel and vacation I zone out in every way possible.  I use to work a very hectic job, running hotels/resorts/rest etc.  I enjoy going to WCB and Sunset to relax have a good cocktail or 2...3...4 etc.  

• Like 2