Winemakers dinner

Goldenrosebags

39 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

On the varying opinions on price of the new Caymus, I am guessing the new price is the $149.  It would have helped if those posting what they paid included the date.

Ours was 140 in January

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Mine had been Mondavi, but same idea.

My first ones were Mondavi but more recently Silverado…as you wrote same idea & we enjoyed both versions.

• Like 1

I have always wanted to do the Wine Maker's dinner.  But as I love food and like to savor every bite, I am an extremely slow eater and would definitely hold up the service at the table.  Would hate to spoil it for the other paying guests.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:04 AM, Goldenrosebags said:

Lol. We always eat at 5:30. We like the early theater. We eat at 5:30 at home too. 

We used to always eat dinner very late and even had been known to go into the anytime dining at 9:00 PM.  We just didn’t understand how anybody could eat at 5:00 PM.  Now that we are seniors, we just can’t imagine eating as late as 7:00 PM.  😆 

We have actually moved on to having dinner at home around 3:30 PM.  We do go to dinner at 5:00 or maybe at 5:20 PM on cruises but usually, we just skip it and eat a nice lunch instead.  
So, I totally get what you mean! 

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We used to always eat dinner very late and even had been known to go into the anytime dining at 9:00 PM.  We just didn’t understand how anybody could eat at 5:00 PM.  Now that we are seniors, we just can’t imagine eating as late as 7:00 PM.  😆 

We have actually moved on to having dinner at home around 3:30 PM.  We do go to dinner at 5:00 or maybe at 5:20 PM on cruises but usually, we just skip it and eat a nice lunch instead.  
So, I totally get what you mean! 

My husband is starving when he gets home from work. Also, I don't want to do the late entertainment because I do other things after like dancing. Or bed if it's been a long day. Lol

• Like 1

We were recently charged a Cover Charge for the 18% gratuity at the Crown Grill on the Discovery Princess.    It was just added to our statement after our Crown Grill dinner.

So is this 18% gratuity also being added to a Chefs Table Dinner??

On 2/29/2024 at 10:16 AM, c-boy said:

I kept ogling at the site of it ...

20231125_093427.thumb.jpg.72d799d1e4aa1b8c8d945603a5904a31.jpg

WHOA!!!

Is that Cardinale CS in the wrapper next to the Caymus?  Was this on the Majestic Princess?  What was the tariff for that? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

WHOA!!!

Is that Cardinale CS in the wrapper next to the Caymus?  Was this on the Majestic Princess?  What was the tariff for that? 

Oh no, I hope they are not going to do Cardinale WMD now.  What would that cost?  😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sailaway5 said:

We were recently charged a Cover Charge for the 18% gratuity at the Crown Grill on the Discovery Princess.    It was just added to our statement after our Crown Grill dinner.

So is this 18% gratuity also being added to a Chefs Table Dinner??

All the SD and Experiential dining has been increased to add 18% on top whereas it used to be baked into the price.  Sneaky kind of way to do a price increase. Maybe they wanted to literally show guests a gratuity is involved in everything as many may not have realized.  It is still a price increase no matter how you cut it.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

All the SD and Experiential dining has been increased to add 18% on top whereas it used to be baked into the price.  Sneaky kind of way to do a price increase. Maybe they wanted to literally show guests a gratuity is involved in everything as many may not have realized.  It is still a price increase no matter how you cut it.

Yes, and we weren’t even advised about it.  It just appears on the folio.  Odd thing is, we always leave a tip.  But, in reality, it is a tip already.

I’d like to know if this 18% goes to the SD waiter, or into another PCL pool?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, and we weren’t even advised about it.  It just appears on the folio.  Odd thing is, we always leave a tip.  But, in reality, it is a tip already.

I’d like to know if this 18% goes to the SD waiter, or into another PCL pool?

I think we can safely assume that all these collected gratuities are going into the pool.  Same as the rest of it.  Your cash tip goes to the waiter.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is an increase, not a tip.
It is not treated as a tip, as it’s not optional.

It should be advised up front, IMO.

• Like 1