Question for coffee people

3 minutes ago, growlers said:

Tagging on these questions, do they have iced coffee at the Cafe?   I don't mean the "frozen" Italian style, more "starbucks" style....

I have seen people order/receive things like iced-americanos and iced-lattes in Baristas if those are the type of drink that you mean.

40 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I have seen people order/receive things like iced-americanos and iced-lattes in Baristas if those are the type of drink that you mean.

yes, thanks!

I was a bit worried because I saw a posted Baristas menu and there was no specific mention.  

I prefer my coffee more European, Italian style. I don't like adding milk or cream. In any case I always managed to get the baristas to make the coffee the way I wanted it. After 2 or 3 visits, as soon as they saw me coming, they knew exactly what I wanted in any case and they were always friendly about it.

• Like 3

You mirror our tastes perfectly.  DH is Italian by birth, and I’m probably even more particular than he when it comes to coffee as it should be enjoyed.  We do enjoy a cappuccino or caffelatte in the morning though, but as in Italy, not really any milk  after midday.  Baristas staff always welcomed us in the same fashion as you describe.  I love a stop at Baristas.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, growlers said:

yes, thanks!

I was a bit worried because I saw a posted Baristas menu and there was no specific mention.  

If they have the ingredients, they will make whatever you want.

• Like 2

TIP: We took our own reusable to-go cups with lids.  Since they no longer have single use plastic on the ship, Baristas uses paper cups, but there are no lids.  They were more than happy to accommodate.

• Thanks 2

On 3/7/2024 at 9:10 PM, growlers said:

Tagging on these questions, do they have iced coffee at the Cafe?   I don't mean the "frozen" Italian style, more "starbucks" style....

I drank iced vanilla lattes on the Insignia. I visited Baristas twice a day: in the morning for cappuccinos, and in the afternoon for iced vanilla lattes. 😀

7 hours ago, dirtydan said:

TIP: We took our own reusable to-go cups with lids.  Since they no longer have single use plastic on the ship, Baristas uses paper cups, but there are no lids.  They were more than happy to accommodate.

If there's no single-use plastic, do they serve iced drinks in glass? Is getting a hot drink in a mug an option (if I don't bring my own), or just paper?

2 minutes ago, GlitterFemme said:

If there's no single-use plastic, do they serve iced drinks in glass? Is getting a hot drink in a mug an option (if I don't bring my own), or just paper?

No, they of course serve in glasses and mugs etc.  I was only cautioning if you wanted to drink your beverage elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dirtydan said:

No, they of course serve in glasses and mugs etc.  I was only cautioning if you wanted to drink your beverage elsewhere.

Thank you! Nothing is "of course" for me when it's about a place I haven't been yet.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, GlitterFemme said:

It is only the "to go" option that is in the paper cups with no lids......they serve in china cups, mugs and glasses otherwise.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ppanyan said:

Can I get a cafe mocha at Baristas?  I don't see that on the menu.  I can't drink coffee without chocolate in it.  (Sorry, coffee purists...)

Until someone who actually knows chimes in, I'll guess away...It is likely possible since I know they have hot chocolate on some menus (like GDR breakfast, etc.), chocolate syrup for bar drinks, and chocolate for baking. Last year I speculated that they didn't have chai lattes, so of course someone ordered one on my next cruise and received it, so maybe there is a tub of chocolate hiding beneath the counter. Those O baristas are magicians!