Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

On 4/13/2024 at 12:57 PM, Wishing on a star said:

I remember that on one of the these threads about the Sun Princess, somebody had posted a picture, from inside the Atrium, where you could see the balcony of that first cabin on deck 9, right there, with little privacy.  So I thought I would forward this.

Here, somebody has posted a video of 9358, which on the starboard side is 9361.

This shows what it is like being on that balcony, right next to the Atrium.

I also notice that the door out to the balcony seems to be a single swing-out door, and not a slider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksNsN2dOYWg

Thanks!  We will be in 9358 in October and found this helpful.  While the balcony is not private, it certainly looks spacious.  I like the cabin layout with the bed set back in a semi-bedroom with space near the bed where we can probably park the scooter. I will report back how we liked this cabin after our cruise.

On 4/12/2024 at 1:55 PM, Nikkibird said:

Someone posted this video for me of 16620. Go to 8:45 of video

That's Don Terris and we're going on his December 7th group cruise on the Sun.

I’ll be on board July 2025 in a deluxe ocean view room sharing with my family of 4. I can’t find any photos of the room with all 4 beds set up. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could post a picture of how the room looks! Thank you! 

21 hours ago, Coleycakes99 said:

I’ll be on board July 2025 in a deluxe ocean view room sharing with my family of 4. I can’t find any photos of the room with all 4 beds set up. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could post a picture of how the room looks! Thank you! 

Not seeing any photos or video..  But, trying to help.  I think you can be sure that the sofa will convert to one bed/berth,  and there will be a drop down that aligns just over the sofa, for the 4th berth.    On Princess, inside cabins have had the fold out beds that are attached to the walls on either/both side of the main bed.  But, I can't see this being the case on the Sun Princess in an ocean view.

• Like 1

Any tips for finding/watching for connecting rooms on Sun Princess?

I'm interested in booking connecting rooms (ideally Balcony) on Sun Princess (late summer this year). I understand there are about ~100 connecting rooms. None are currently available for the dates we can travel.

- The 75 day mark is coming up for the dates I'm interested in. I'm naively hoping there will be some cancellations.

- I've been fruitlessly and painfully cross-referencing available rooms with the Princess deck plan (with connecting room option checked).

- I've seen several examples where one half of a connecting room pair is taken. 

Question: Are there any tips/tricks/alerts for finding or monitoring for connecting room (or just new room availability)?  Do some Travel Agencies have access to better tools or blocks of reserved room on the Sun Princess?

Note: I realize this is a popular brand new ship and that we are booking really late in the game. This is a last minute idea that the family is excited about. Figure it wouldn't hurt to try. I wasn't sure where to post this question. Let me know if I should move it to another thread/forum.

I just got an email from Princess that I had been upgraded to the Sanctuary Collection.  I booked category S9, and it does not appear my room location has changed.  The emails listed out all the perks of the Sanctuary collection, but they appeared to be very similar to what I was already expecting in a signature collection suite.  The only thing I believe is different is that it said you received Princess Premier; I only paid for Princess Plus.  Does anyone have any info or knowledge on this topic?  Thanks!

You can read the press release about it https://www.princess.com/en-us/news/news-releases/2024/04/princess-cruises-unveils-exclusive-new-sanctuary-collection-aboard-sun-princess-and-star-princess

Short answer is they're changing Reserve Collection and Suites to be Sanctuary Collection and increasing the pricing but including the premier package. Anyone who didn't previously have premier does not get upgrade you keep what you had before.

This also dilutes the exclusivity of the Sanctuary space as now it won't just be the 80 Suites, it'll be Signature Collection Suites (80), Mini Suites (123), and Premium Deluxe Balconies (12).

It also is pushing the upper limit of what I can reasonably spend on a fruits.

3 minutes ago, Mishkin said:

You can read the press release about it https://www.princess.com/en-us/news/news-releases/2024/04/princess-cruises-unveils-exclusive-new-sanctuary-collection-aboard-sun-princess-and-star-princess

Short answer is they're changing Reserve Collection and Suites to be Sanctuary Collection and increasing the pricing but including the premier package. Anyone who didn't previously have premier does not get upgrade you keep what you had before.

This also dilutes the exclusivity of the Sanctuary space as now it won't just be the 80 Suites, it'll be Signature Collection Suites (80), Mini Suites (123), and Premium Deluxe Balconies (12).

Thanks!  This is very helpful.  A little frustrating that the email specifically says "I've been upgraded" and that Premier is included, which this says it is not.  And I agree with you that I'm disappointed the Sanctuary space is now available to more people.  One of the primary reasons I booked this Suite over a mini-suite was to have access to that area.  Oh well, I'll still be happy to sail.

Just now, ngetway said:

Thanks!  This is very helpful.  A little frustrating that the email specifically says "I've been upgraded" and that Premier is included, which this says it is not.  And I agree with you that I'm disappointed the Sanctuary space is now available to more people.  One of the primary reasons I booked this Suite over a mini-suite was to have access to that area.  Oh well, I'll still be happy to sail.

I have mixed feelings on it. We convinced some friends to join us on our cruise in March 2026 and they couldn't swing higher than the reserve collection mini-suite and we were slightly bummed they may not have Sanctuary access without paying. Now we see that they have access which is nice but also means the area will have more people.

Then I looked at the pricing and I am over not having to spend over $2000 more, the mini suite also went up over $1500 and yes we all had the premier package already. The pricing is what concerns me more than the extra access.

32 minutes ago, Mishkin said:

I have mixed feelings on it. We convinced some friends to join us on our cruise in March 2026 and they couldn't swing higher than the reserve collection mini-suite and we were slightly bummed they may not have Sanctuary access without paying. Now we see that they have access which is nice but also means the area will have more people.

Then I looked at the pricing and I am over not having to spend over $2000 more, the mini suite also went up over $1500 and yes we all had the premier package already. The pricing is what concerns me more than the extra access.

Yes, I'm glad to have my price locked in for this cruise, but it could definitely deter me from booking this category in the future.  One of the reasons I booked this room was the competitive price compared to similar ammenties on other lines.

I received an email stating that I was Upgraded to Sanctuary Balcony. I am booked in a Premium Deluxe Balcony D0 (the category that had all that "signature benefits" confusion) for a December cruise on Sun Princess. So it appears that beginning with the US cruises in October, the titles "Signature" and "Reserve" have been replaced with "Sanctuary" and that D0 category (Premium Deluxe Balconies in the AFT section) will be "Sanctuary Balconies" that now cost approximately twice as much as they once did (I paid approximately $3K; the same room is now approximately $6K). Although I appreciate the free upgrade to Sanctuary Balcony benefits, my brother is in a "regular" Deluxe Balcony next to me and cannot enjoy the "Sanctuary" benefits. I will warn him that I plan to eat in the Sanctuary Restaurant at least one time -- want some carved roast beef (if they are still doing that in December)! If you pretend to book on the Sun Princess, you can see all kinds of Sanctuary information under the room categories.

• Like 1

Additional note:  If booking a D0 with that higher price, you will also receive the PREMIER package included.  If already booked, the PREMIER package is not included in the free upgrade.  From posts I have read elsewhere, this may be true for other room types that have been "upgraded" to Sanctuary Collection. So for those who do not really need/want a Premier package, they will not have a choice and will pay higher room rate anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mishkin said:

Not clear to me how the restaurant allocation will work. Do S9 and up still go to the ´Signature Restaurant’ and other Sanctuary Club cabins get the ´Reserve Restaurant’?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steilkurve said:

Not clear to me how the restaurant allocation will work. Do S9 and up still go to the ´Signature Restaurant’ and other Sanctuary Club cabins get the ´Reserve Restaurant’?

I agree 100% the dining situation is a bit confusing. The logical part of me thinks they won’t change it and suite go to Signature. They also removed the Cabana class from being reserved so maybe that’s to limit those they get it 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if Sun Princess have coffee maker in cabins? We have D2 balcony and the photo shows a coffee maker. Thanks!

9D5C3C2B-9C17-4F20-8960-9542FD36009C.jpeg

Edited by Feria

On 4/21/2024 at 4:35 PM, Coleycakes99 said:

3rd and 4th berth will be set up like this..it's a flip over sofa and a Pullman berth..

FB_IMG_1713199919285.jpg

9 hours ago, Feria said:

Does anyone know if Sun Princess have coffee maker in cabins? We have D2 balcony and the photo shows a coffee maker. Thanks!

9D5C3C2B-9C17-4F20-8960-9542FD36009C.jpeg

Is that a current photo or a pre-launch mock up?  At one time I read that only the Signature suites would have a coffee maker.  After yesterday's announcement of the inclusion of many other cabins into the Sanctuary Collection who knows?  I'm not sure even Princess corporate knows but I am sure customer service couldn't tell you.

12 hours ago, steilkurve said:

The restaurant situation is really unclear.

Logically suites should have their own restaurant.

Reports from the ship have been that the Reserve restaurant is overcrowded and the Signature restaurant half empty.  With the addition of 12 Balcony cabins to the "Sanctuary " designation it seems that will be even worse. (Initially it was said that the Reserve Cabana cabins no longer qualified for the Reserve restaurant but I read that that was already changed back last night.)

3 hours ago, chamima said:

The restaurant situation is really unclear.

Logically suites should have their own restaurant.

Reports from the ship have been that the Reserve restaurant is overcrowded and the Signature restaurant half empty.  With the addition of 12 Balcony cabins to the "Sanctuary " designation it seems that will be even worse. (Initially it was said that the Reserve Cabana cabins no longer qualified for the Reserve restaurant but I read that that was already changed back last night.)

I heard that if you already had a reserve cabana suite, you would be grandfathered in, which is what shows on one of my bookings. New bookings would be excluded. Did that change?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

Is that a current photo or a pre-launch mock up?  At one time I read that only the Signature suites would have a coffee maker.  After yesterday's announcement of the inclusion of many other cabins into the Sanctuary Collection who knows?  I'm not sure even Princess corporate knows but I am sure customer service couldn't tell you.

I did 'chat' with Princess online... no coffeemakers in D2 cabins.  Thank you, Capriccio for your comment.

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

I heard that if you already had a reserve cabana suite, you would be grandfathered in, which is what shows on one of my bookings. New bookings would be excluded. Did that change?

I contacted Princess yesterday evening.  We have already booked an M1 Mini-Suite and I was told that we were grandfathered in. 

• Thanks 1

Is there any feedback from those who have sailed on Sun Princess about noise level for deck 6 balcony rooms that are underneath the unlabeled space between Crown Grill and OMalley's (Deck 7)

I'm usually really careful about studying the deck map.  I rushed to grab the last two adjacent balconies and forgot to look around. I'm now worried because my wife is a light sleeper and gets grumpy if her sleep is disturbed by noise.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 7.36.24 PM.png