Check in time

Hi,

looking for some advice from experienced Princess cruisers please.

We are booked on Regal Princess out of Galveston in a couple of weeks. I have completed all the requirements  in the app and have 2 green ticks, and a notification that we are blue lane.(whatever that may mean?)

My problem is that I can’t see anywhere what time I should be arriving at the terminal or which terminal is being used. Appreciate if anyone could advise or point me to where I can find the info.

thanks in advance

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zanderblue said:

we are blue lane.(whatever that may mean?)

It means that you pick up your Medallion at the port.

My problem is that I can’t see anywhere what time I should be arriving at the terminal

MedallionClass Boarding:

Your OceanReady Pass will become available on the Princess Cruises® App 11 days prior to the start of your cruise.

The app will then show you the Check-in Window:

image.jpeg.fe10c3f1994cc0a962bc4c77bfe82bac.jpeg

or which terminal is being used,

You can find that info here:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/DocumentCenter/View/3308/2024-Monthly-UPDATED-192024

Looks like the Regal always uses Cruise Terminal 28 in Galveston.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 2

Hi,

We are booked on Regal Princess out of Galveston in a couple of weeks. I have completed all the requirements  in the app and have 2 green ticks, and a notification that we are blue lane.(whatever that may mean?)

My problem is that I can’t see anywhere what time I should be arriving at the terminal or which terminal is being used. Appreciate if anyone could advise or point me to where I can find the info.

thanks in advance

About 11 days before sailing, you’ll see a QR code on the App and below that on the left side, it will show the checkin window.

We always go much earlier than shown, checkin and wait till time to board.

Blue lane means you are picking up your Medallion at the port.

Also, check your travel summary and right above itinerary they used to show boarding times and sailing time.  Don’t know if they are continuing to do this.

LMK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

It means that you pick up your Medallion at the port.

MedallionClass Boarding:

Your OceanReady Pass will become available on the Princess Cruises® App 11 days prior to the start of your cruise.

The app will then show you the Check-in Window:

image.jpeg.fe10c3f1994cc0a962bc4c77bfe82bac.jpeg

You can find that info here:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/DocumentCenter/View/3308/2024-Monthly-UPDATED-192024

Fast fingers!  Yours shows the window upper right.  Mine was lower left.  Funny!  😄 

Do you see the boarding window in the travel summary still?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yours shows the window upper right.  Mine was lower left.  Funny!  😄 

I used the old app. Maybe in the new app they changed it.

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do you see the boarding window in the travel summary still?

No, I couldn't find it there. In the last cruises, it was shown there.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

There really aren't times anymore, you just go when you want and board when they open according to your boarding status.

We do the opposite let people wait in line and when they are all on board we come into the terminal

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

I used the old app. Maybe in the new app they changed it.

No, I couldn't find it there. In the last cruises, it was shown there.

Okay, now they NO longer put it in the Travel Summary, above the itinerary.

The problem is:  It’s not shown until 11 days before sailing and some people like to plan rides to the terminal.  

Also, there are some folks that don’t have a smart phone.

I see more changes on the horizon.  🥴

Here’s what it says now:

Please refer to your OceanReady® Boarding Pass in the Princess Cruises® App on your mobile device to see what time the check-in window starts and ends.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It's not the best descision to do so. The website shouldn't have less functionality than the smartphone apps. And it should show all the required information. Anytime.

Boarding times? Only on the app. Buying a WiFi plan? Only on the app. Dinner reservations? Extra web interface needed or - in the app.JourneyView - only in the app.

But at least the 2 apps seem to work fine now. Except for the loading times of the new app. Haha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

The problem is:  It’s not shown until 11 days before sailing and some people like to plan rides to the terminal.  

Also, there are some folks that don’t have a smart phone.

I see more changes on the horizon.  🥴

Here’s what it says now:

Please refer to your OceanReady® Boarding Pass in the Princess Cruises® App on your mobile device to see what time the check-in window starts and ends.

Since the Medallion only works with the app; are there people that do not have a smartphone?  My provider hasn't shown a phone without texting and email in years.

That said we simply show up at the pier about 10:30 or so.  Always on board by 11:30 except for the time they had police involved in a fight on the pier.  Boarding was delayed an hour.

Love the comment the check-in window ends!  Stupid.  Show up at 1-2pm and you can walk directly to the check-in desk.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Since the Medallion only works with the app;

Where did you get this information from? The Medallion works fine without any app.

19 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

are there people that do not have a smartphone? 

More than you think. A lot of people don't even use their cellphone the entire cruise.

21 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

we simply show up at the pier about 10:30 or so.

Yes 10:30 is also my favorite time to show up at the pier, when the cruise leaves at 4 pm.
Some cruises usually leave at 7 pm tho. In Auckland or in Buenos Aires. Or Rome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zanderblue said:

Hi,

It means you do not have the medallion primarily because they only mail it to pax in the USA and now Canada.  You will get your medallion when you check in. 

4 hours ago, zanderblue said:

thanks in advance

You will leave most likely from #28 but the two terminals are side by side and one can easily walk to the other one.  If you are coming by bus on the day of departure they will drop you off at the correct terminal  If you are arriving from a hotel, the driver will know which terminal to drop you off.  However it is easy because you see the ship behind the terminal.  As to arrival you must be there on hour before boarding time to allow the ship to transmit the manifest to the US government.  They will lock the doors.  We usually arrive by 10:30 or so but then we are elite which is the first to board.  

In spite of what they may tell you onboard, lunch the day of boarding is in the MDR (usually deck 6) from 12:00 to 1:30 pm.  We will be boarding the Regal next Sunday.  We have sailed many times out of Galveston every year since we can drive to the port.  Happy sailing.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, satxdiver said:

As to arrival you must be there on hour before boarding time to allow the ship to transmit the manifest to the US government

You really should checkin at least 90 mins before sailing time, in case you have not completed everything required. 

It varies on departures from foreign ports.  Check your own Travel summary for your cruise.  OP may be sailing from Southampton.

This is shown on the Travel Summary.

CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS FOR DEPARTURES FROM U.S. PORTS

You are required to provide complete and accurate immigration information no later than 24 hours before embarkation. For more information, please visit https://princess.com/oceanready. Guests with incomplete immigration information who have not completed cruise check-in 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure will be denied boarding.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Regal is either at 25 or 28, essentially next to each other. Look for the big ship with the Princess logo on it.  😉 We are sailing Sunday and embark on pier 25 and disembark at pier 28. It really is easy to see, and all parking is close by and/or has shuttles. 

• Like 1