Regal Princess "staff" names

beshears

I am trying to find a list of the MAIN staff on the Regal Princess, as I wound up taking pictures with a couple of them. I was able to find the Captain's name was Ed Perrin, but I would also like to know the names of some of them that are "next" in line or command to him, "if??" there is a list?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, beshears said:

I am trying to find a list of the MAIN staff on the Regal Princess, as I wound up taking pictures with a couple of them. I was able to find the Captain's name was Ed Perrin, but I would also like to know the names of some of them that are "next" in line or command to him, "if??" there is a list?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2724695-princess-senior-ship-staff-inc-cruise-directors-entertainment-directors/page/54/#comments

You can also find someone currently onboard to take a photo of the officer board. It does sometimes change if it's not taken on the voyage you were on.

Edited by startedwithamouse

28 minutes ago, beshears said:

That person is not a current PCL Captain.  I am not overly experienced, but I don't even recall the name.  I think you have to go back to when Regal launched almost.  

A very old press release:    https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Regal-Princess-Senior-Officers.html

42 minutes ago, beshears said:

As said above, Ed Perrin is not a current Princess captain. We had him as captain on Regal Princess in 2016 but he left Princess for Virgin sometime after that.

Rick & Jennie, I found out the Captain's name is Gavin Pears who was on the Regal Princess February 25th cruise. I did look at the pictures posted here, but none of those people look familiar to me.

Startedwithamouse, thank you for your help, but unfortuantely under Regal, it was not Captain Gavin Pears, which I just found out.

Too bad you missed Captain Gavin. He was very personable, as were his main officers. 

In fact, all crew I encountered were attentive, friendly, helpful and happy to help. Great ship, great cruise- for me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Here is the officer board from Feb 4-18. Hope this helps. @beshears

They were all very visible on my two weeks. Very friendly, lots of interactions. 

I copy/pasted your photo into the reserved thread for PCL ship personnel which is a "sticky" at the top of page 1 of this Forum.

• Like 1

CruiseQueen2, actually I was able  (long story short, we were eating in one of the main restaurants (not the MDR), and I noticed 3 of the Captains people were eating at the table next to ours, the next thing I knew someone had said "There's the Captain", and I turned around and there Staff Captain Richard Dalton coming up next to me, and I ask him if he would mind taking a picture with me.) to take a picture with Captain Dalton, and when Captain Gavin Pears seen that I was taking a picture with him, he "insisted" that I take a picture with him also. 🙂 Then the next thing we know, all 8 of us are gathering around the 5 of them at their table to get our picture, and it was great. Great experience that I never expected, or would have never dreamed in a million years.

@beshears I found this team of senior officers, including Captain Gavin and Captain Dalton to be very friendly and willing to spend time with passengers. I agree with you, it was totally refreshing! I was hoping that the officer board that I shared, helped you to know their names. This team even allowed passengers to get individual photos with the group at the Captain Circle party. Great time was had by all at these parties. The captain was very entertaining.

• Like 1

CruzeQueen2, I agree with you 100%. I have been BLESSED to cruise around 20 times in my lifetime,and I will say, I never seen/heard anyone complaining about anything on the ship, and everyone (even on the PACKED elevators) seemed to be in such a great mood. Yes, when you see the MAIN ship staff visiting, laughing with the patrons, I think it just make everyone around them happy at the same time.

• Like 1