30,000 points or $300 OBC

1 hour ago, jobinseattle said:

image.thumb.png.161538b654cd70cdf398e7c831c199a3.png

Curious, what would you choose?

If it's like the old promos, you get points and can redeem them for OBC. Never seen actual OBC awarded since you have to have an active reservation to apply it to. Points are "generic"

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

If it's like the old promos, you get points and can redeem them for OBC. Never seen actual OBC awarded since you have to have an active reservation to apply it to. Points are "generic"

we applied on Allure last Sept.  You had to charge at least $1000 which we did paying off our upcoming Voyager next week.  Then we got the points and converted them to the OBC which you assign to a cruise booking.  We put it toward ICON and were able to pay for our Supper Club reservation.  It's a great deal...go for it.

3 hours ago, jobinseattle said:

image.thumb.png.161538b654cd70cdf398e7c831c199a3.png

Curious, what would you choose?

It's exactly the same value.  

We would take the points and convert them later.  You can use them as $300 or later for $500 off, or continue adding them up to other values.

1 minute ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Does it give you an option? The ad looks like it's giving you 30,000 points...which is equal to $300

No option:  you just keep the points if you want to use the card to accumulate more points for more obc. When, you are ready you convert the points to obc.

I did this to "buy" an Unlimited Dining package that cost me $309.  The price went down a few weeks ago, so I canceled the original.  The obc was instantly available again, and I bought the dining package at the lower price, and still have the remainder of the obc to use. I got the $9 refund on my card within a few days.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/visa-signature/2267-royal-caribbean-web-rewards.pdf

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Does it give you an option? The ad looks like it's giving you 30,000 points...which is equal to $300

Not exactly sure as I have not got the card yet. It says this: Get 30,000 Bonus Points After you make $1,000 or more in purchases within 90 days of opening your account

Redeemable for $300 onboard credit, or stateroom upgrades & more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jobinseattle said:

Not exactly sure as I have not got the card yet. It says this: Get 30,000 Bonus Points After you make $1,000 or more in purchases within 90 days of opening your account

Redeemable for $300 onboard credit, or stateroom upgrades & more

You get the points. Then you can cash them if you want

As others have said, it's not a choice.  After the $1000 spend you get 30,000 points.  One of the choices you have with points is to convert to OBC. The other options are... upgrade from interior to Outside View cabin, discount off cruise fare (points equal the same the OBC option.), or companion or full cruise discounts. 

• Like 1

I just applied & it looks like 30k was added with approved card! I hope to build further for my b2b on Allure in September. I'll use the BA/Royal card to pay for Allure cruise to meet 1k fulfillment need! As others have said the 30k equals out to the OBC that you can transfer to active booking.

TY 4 the 5yr good for, knowledge. I bet my other pts were over the 5yr mark, so probably not worth following up w/BA to get those points back off the old card. Just build forward. TYA

Have a great 🚢 all.