Changing rooms pre-cruise?

The final payment date for my previously sold out cruise has passed, and as a result, several new cabins have come available. I booked an oceanview cabin because it was the best deal available, but now there are several single infinite veranda cabins open for booking. I would like one of those, but they actually cost a bit less than what I've already paid and are not necessarily an upgrade, so I don't think I can bid through the move up program.

If I call and speak to customer service, can I get switched to one of these staterooms? And if I do, will I be able to get the price difference refunded? It's not a huge deal, I can keep the ocean view if need be - however, it's a scenic cruise and I think the single IV stateroom would be a little bit better for that. Only reason I didn't book a double occupancy IV to begin with was that I'm not in love with them over a regular balcony for the price they're asking. Singles were sold out at the time.

29 minutes ago, critic2023 said:

The final payment date for my previously sold out cruise has passed, and as a result, several new cabins have come available. I booked an oceanview cabin because it was the best deal available, but now there are several single infinite veranda cabins open for booking. I would like one of those, but they actually cost a bit less than what I've already paid and are not necessarily an upgrade, so I don't think I can bid through the move up program.

If I call and speak to customer service, can I get switched to one of these staterooms? And if I do, will I be able to get the price difference refunded? It's not a huge deal, I can keep the ocean view if need be - however, it's a scenic cruise and I think the single IV stateroom would be a little bit better for that. Only reason I didn't book a double occupancy IV to begin with was that I'm not in love with them over a regular balcony for the price they're asking. Singles were sold out at the time.

We were able to move to a different category but did not receive a refund.  I had to call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, critic2023 said:

Why dont you try calling and see why they say, but of course social media blog sites are always the source of truth

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Why dont you try calling and see why they say, but of course social media blog sites are always the source of truth

Irrefutable, I've heard.  All companies must fully vet every posting made on social media and adjust their policies to match what is being said.  It's a rough game!

I've change both cabins and Classification of cabins often.   My experience has been - (I do it through my TA).

If the new cabin is the came classification no problem.

If Cabin is $1 or more you can upgrade but according to how you booked you may loose a promotion.   I upgraded from a CS to a RS for a small amount of money but since I had booked it onboard with a $800 OBC they apply the current promotion so I was told I would loose the $800 OBC but kept all my other perks.  

Best to call your agent or Celebrity about your particular booking.

We have upgraded after 30 days of final payment to better room, that was cheaper. But didn't get a refund, they just charged the same cost of your old room and you lose any OBC you had from perks. It took 3 calls till we got a rep that knows how to do it. 

30 minutes ago, Mikek7 said:

We have upgraded after 30 days of final payment to better room, that was cheaper. But didn't get a refund, they just charged the same cost of your old room and you lose any OBC you had from perks. It took 3 calls till we got a rep that knows how to do it. 

Did that once , we didn’t get the CC points upgraded from OV to a balcony