Is the "Evening Chic" dress code still enforced on the last night of your cruise?

DJLDRUMS

Understandable if your luggage doesn't arrive in time on the first night to be able to wear long pants to go to the MDR and Theatre, so how does this play out if you've already packed your long pants in your suitcase and go to the MDR and Theatre afterwards? Are there any other places that wearing shorts is not accepted on the ship at any time? Thanks in advance to those who reply. 

I've always seen that they request luggage to be out by 10 or 10:30. Plenty of time to finish dinner and toss your dinner clothes in. Plus they continue sweeping the halls until 1 or 2 to grab late luggage.

So no. No shorts on the last night unless you want to eat in the buffet. (I've never been stopped going into the theater wearing shorts.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a note: the last night of the cruise isn't usually Evening Chic because people are packing. It's normal dress requirements, which include no shorts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Understandable if your luggage doesn't arrive in time on the first night to be able to wear long pants to go to the MDR and Theatre, so how does this play out if you've already packed your long pants in your suitcase and go to the MDR and Theatre afterwards? Are there any other places that wearing shorts is not accepted on the ship at any time? Thanks in advance to those who reply. 

Potentially it plays out in a lot of ways.

1) You could go to the buffet.

2) You could pack your long pants in your carry on.

3) You could not close your suitcase until you get back to your room, put your long pants in it, and then set it outside.

4) You could wear your long pants the next morning.

5) You could hope the Maitre’D doesn’t kick you out of the MDR and switch to option 1) if he does.

6) You could eat dinner, go back to your room change clothes, put your suitcase out, and go to the show.

I typically do either 3 or 6, although I have done 4 as well.

Edited by Mark_K
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've always seen that they request luggage to be out by 10 or 10:30. Plenty of time to finish dinner and toss your dinner clothes in. Plus they continue sweeping the halls until 1 or 2 to grab late luggage.

So no. No shorts on the last night unless you want to eat in the buffet. (I've never been stopped going into the theater wearing shorts.)

Ok interesting...does this mean attending shows in the theatre it's ok for anyone to wear shorts throughout the whole cruise?

24 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Just a note: the last night of the cruise isn't usually Evening Chic because people are packing. It's normal dress requirements, which include no shorts.

So now wife asks, are pedal pushers acceptable for her in the MDR?

13 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

3) You could not close your suitcase until you get back to your room, put your long pants in it, and then set it outside.

5) You could hope the Maitre’D doesn’t kick you out of the MDR and switch to option 1) if he does.

6) You could eat dinner, go back to your room change clothes, put your suitcase out, and go to the show.

A very informative list ! Thanks !!

14 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

And sometimes planning 2 is the right play if you accidentally pack your intended leaving the cruise outfit in your luggage. Planning for the final night's outfit to go into carry-on would prevent the pajama-clad "I forgot to leave something out" debarkation of shame.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've always changed after dinner when on X and never been questioned about it.

Ok, meaning put on shorts to go about?

19 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

#2 got to wear them to head back home in the morning, but a good thought if I was a Floridian being warm enough already.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Ok, meaning put on shorts to go about?

Yes. Or leggings. Either.

People eating in the buffet or room service go about in shorts or leggings or whatever. No one knows when you're not in the dining room.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

And sometimes planning 2 is the right play if you accidentally pack your intended leaving the cruise outfit in your luggage. Planning for the final night's outfit to go into carry-on would prevent the pajama-clad "I forgot to leave something out" debarkation of shame.

One time many years ago, we were on a package tour of Hawaii, and they took care of getting your luggage out of your room and to the plane. We packed up and went swimming at the beach. When we got back I realized I had packed everything, and ended up flying from Oahu to Kauai in a bathing suit, t shirt, and sandals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Is Evening Chic enforced on the final night? No because the final night is never Evening Chic.

You say it's not enforced??? So going into the MDR or a restaurant like Tuscan Grille they will still admit you with no questions asked??? tell me more WestLakeGirl. Have you done that before and succeeded ?

I think you are confusing questions.  The title of your thread asked if evening chic is enforced on the final night.  The final night is not ever a chic night.  It is always a smart casual night. 

Both dress codes say no shorts in the dining room or specialty restaurants

• Like 4

10 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I think you are confusing questions.  The title of your thread asked if evening chic is enforced on the final night.  The final night is not ever a chic night.  It is always a smart casual night. 

Both dress codes say no shorts in the dining room or specialty restaurants

What's the dress up difference between a smart casual and evening chic, please describe.