On Eclipse... Does Michael's Club ever have live music?

C-sea

Michaels club has been renamed and remodeled, and is now the retreat, the private lounge for passengers in the suites.  There may be live music in there occasionally, but not on a regular schedule.

• Thanks 1

We have only seen live music on rare occasions.  A few years back there was a piano in Michael’s club and occasionally there would be someone playing before dinner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Michaels club has been renamed and remodeled, and is now the retreat, the private lounge for passengers in the suites.  There may be live music in there occasionally, but not on a regular schedule.

The remodel has been done on Eclipse?

I haven’t seen live music in suite lounge in at least 5 years, I asked a few years ago and was told it was discontinued, too bad. MSc yacht club offers live music in there suite lounge from about 5 to 11 each night.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We just got off a 9 night on Constellation. There was live music in the Retreat Lounge at least 2 of the nights. Unfortunately, it was only one set right before dinner time.

The Suite Manager also arranged to have the magician from one of the main theater shows do a set one evening before dinner. There wasn’t an empty seat in the Retreat Lounge. Sure wish they would do that sort of thing consistently across the fleet. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We spent a month on the Eclipse last spring in a suite.  We did indeed periodically have music in the Michael’s Club/Retreat Lounge.  The concierges had a schedule of events in MC/RL.  Also had music periodically during the 40 nights we spent on the Edge last fall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

We just got off a 9 night on Constellation. There was live music in the Retreat Lounge at least 2 of the nights. Unfortunately, it was only one set right before dinner time.

The Suite Manager also arranged to have the magician from one of the main theater shows do a set one evening before dinner. There wasn’t an empty seat in the Retreat Lounge. Sure wish they would do that sort of thing consistently across the fleet. 

This has been my experience also. One or 2 times during a sailing, an entertainer like a solo guitarist, would play a 45 minute set in the lounge. Unfortunately, that's it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, C-sea said:

Hi All,

Will we find any live music in Michael's Club on Eclipse?

Thanks!

My recent experience has been live music usually on Chic nights for 45 minutes starting between 5 and 6pm most of the time on M and S class ships. I'm not sure about E class because I never spend any time in the retreat lounge on E class ships. I'm currently on the Solstice, 12 day sailing, and there were 3 nights of live music during the cruise - 2 on Chic nights and one on a casual dress night. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was on a 10 day Silhouette cruise a few weeks ago and there was only one night in the Retreat Lounge with live music. It was the solo guitar player/singer, Cancio (he was excellent!) who was in various venues around the ship during the cruise. There was an invitation in our suite announcing the performance I think the morning of after we returned from breakfast. 

• Thanks 1