2027 World Cruise

has crossed $100K for F2 which many consider required on Splendor.  $100,999 for 141 nights.  🤑  I can't believe this will sell that well for a mundane (i.e., repeated) itinerary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

has crossed $100K for F2 which many consider required on Splendor.  $100,999 for 141 nights.  🤑  I can't believe this will sell that well for a mundane (i.e., repeated) itinerary.

Our TA put in the "preliminary request" for us at 12AM today. We're going for a Splendor Suite. Trip of a lifetime, obviously. We haven't gotten a price quote yet. Our TA said there's no guarantee we'll even get it, since those with higher status have priority, and these tend to sell out very quickly. We're still trying to wrap our heads around being on a cruise for five months. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Our TA put in the "preliminary request" for us at 12AM today. We're going for a Splendor Suite. Trip of a lifetime, obviously. We haven't gotten a price quote yet. Our TA said there's no guarantee we'll even get it, since those with higher status have priority, and these tend to sell out very quickly. We're still trying to wrap our heads around being on a cruise for five months. 

*four months

That's much easier.  😜

Just now, mrlevin said:

$203,299 per person before discounts.  

So, $125Kpp WITH discounts?!  😄

Are you a TA? How'd you get the prices? The only promo I see is 5% off cruises with non-refundable deposits. Our TA hasn't quoted yet. 

Just now, mrlevin said:

It is on the website.  TA should give you 8-10% discount plus onboard booking for sure; other discounts might be available.  

They must've just published those. I'll check them out. Thanks.

We'd better get that $200 onboard credit!  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

Oh,  that would be the deciding factor for many!  Lol. 

Looking closer, I notice that one of the perks is a $350 per cabin onboard credit.  🤑

• Like 1

From The Points Guy site this morning:

Extreme pricing for top cruise suites just hit a new level: $1.7 million

Gene Sloan
March 27, 2024

Remember that super pricey luxury cruise we told you about last week — the one that cost up to $550,000 per cabin (https://thepointsguy.com/news/crystal-world-cruise-2026/)? It's a downright bargain compared to another wildly high-priced sailing announced this week.

Luxury line Regent Seven Seas Cruises (https://thepointsguy.com/cruise/regent-seven-seas-cruises/) on Wednesday revealed plans for an epic 140-night world cruise out of Miami that would start at an unprecedented $182,998 for the smallest available rooms.

Kicking off Jan. 11, 2027, aboard Regent's 746-passenger Seven Seas Splendor (https://thepointsguy.com/guide/first-look-inside-the-most-expensive-luxury-cruise-ship-ever-regents-seven-seas-splendor/), the sailing will cost as much as $1.7 million for those booking the ship's top suite, according to the line.

That's a top fare level several times higher than any cruise line has ever charged for a single voyage.

The $1.7 million fare — $1,679,998, to be exact — will be for the famously over-the-top Regent Suite on Seven Seas Splendor.

Bigger than the average American house at 4,443 square feet, the Regent Suite on Seven Seas Splendor is known for its industry-leading opulence, which includes such luxury touches as a bed with a handmade mattress that cost $200,000 and a private spa area with unlimited treatments.

No other cruise ship suite comes close to the Regent Suite on Seven Seas Splendor in size, luxury or amenities other than two almost identical suites on sister ships 
Seven Seas Grandeur and Seven Seas Explorer.

Posted (edited)

A single ticket for Mega Millions $1.13 Billion prize was sold in NJ - can you imagine? That cruise fare would be "nothing" to them! (and no, I didn't win:classic_blink:)

Edited by Travel-or
  • Like 2

Just now, Travel-or said:

A single ticket for Mega Millions $1.13 Billion prize was sold in NJ - can you imagine? That cruise fare would be "nothing" to them! (and no, I didn't win in :classic_blink:)

Regent Suite, bay-bee! I'll light my cigars with $500 bills. 

• Haha 1

We're looking at doing this cruise, but have never done a world cruise before and have no idea what to expect in in terms of incentives from our TA, who we've only just begun working with (to complicate things, we're in New Zealand, so I expect TAs here may operate differently than in the US and elsewhere). @mrlevin mentioned 8-10%. Is that typical? Is that in the form of a straight discount, or a portion discount and OBC? Do agent affiliations with Virtuoso or other associations mean anything? Any other tips or things to look for (or look out for?). 

29 minutes ago, Tom F said:

We're looking at doing this cruise, but have never done a world cruise before and have no idea what to expect in in terms of incentives from our TA, who we've only just begun working with (to complicate things, we're in New Zealand, so I expect TAs here may operate differently than in the US and elsewhere). @mrlevin mentioned 8-10%. Is that typical? Is that in the form of a straight discount, or a portion discount and OBC? Do agent affiliations with Virtuoso or other associations mean anything? Any other tips or things to look for (or look out for?). 

Book with a TA that has paid their own way on Regent and has substantially first-hand knowledge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom F said:

"... so I expect TAs here may operate differently than in the US and elsewhere). @mrlevin mentioned 8-10%. Is that typical? Is that in the form of a straight discount, or a portion discount and OBC? Do agent affiliations with Virtuoso or other associations mean anything? Any other tips or things to look for (or look out for?). 

Hi Tom...We have to walk a bit "softly" here and not get into too much specific detail for fear of breaking some forum "rule".  You are correct that TA's overseas (UK, OZ, Europe, etc.) operate differently (and have substantially different industry rules that govern their conduct) than in the U.S.

In the U.S., there is no "one size fits all".  Some agents are able to provide a discount off of the published fare, others provide some compensation in the form of OBC's, other TA's merely provide a "friendly handshake or voice" on the other end of the phone (with no actual discount in any form given), and still others are able to provide an actual cash-in-hand rebate at some point after an actual booking and final cruise documents have been issued.

Your best source of info is available once you're on an actual cruise and make friends with some fellow passengers and ask them for more specific details and experiences (which can't be given on the CC forum).  Best Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 2025 and 2026 World Cruises were over 100K for a low level cabin on Mariner. I was definitely expecting at least 125K on Splendor, with a much nicer low level cabin, and a much nicer ship than Mariner.

We just cancelled 2025 WC on Silver Dawn, since we were entering the penalty period with no idea what the second 2 thirds of our cruise would be since it's unlikely we would go through the Suez Canal. They returned the 25 percent deposit that they've had since 2022 very quickly, so we were happy with that and ready to book other cruises. We still no not feel comfortable booking any cruise that is scheduled to go through the Suez Canal. The alternatives diversions currently being taken might have been interesting if there weren't already too many cruises headed to the same tiny ports that aren't ready to handle one small cruise boat now and then.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

We just cancelled 2025 WC on Silver Dawn

Do you mind me asking, what is the price and perk difference between a world cruise on Regent and world cruise on Silversea?  Not asking actual cost as that's none of my business, but was it significant if you'd booked the cruises at the same time?  Also is there anything one or the other includes that's different?  Just wonderin' as Regent is getting pretty pricey. 

13 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Do you mind me asking, what is the price and perk difference between a world cruise on Regent and world cruise on Silversea?  Not asking actual cost as that's none of my business, but was it significant if you'd booked the cruises at the same time?  Also is there anything one or the other includes that's different?  Just wonderin' as Regent is getting pretty pricey. 

We booked for 90K each for the WC in a Veranda cabin on Silver Dawn back in August 22.

We have cruised on Silver Whisper before, and enjoyed it for a 20 day cruise. We found they had better restaurants than Mariner, which we cruised to Alaska just before our Silversea cruise.

Silver Dawn is still small for a cruise ship, but has a much larger choice of restaurants than Mariner. We were concerned about the size of the Veranda cabin on Silver Dawn, but it seemed like a better choice than a similar cabin on Mariner at a similar price. And, the itinerary on the Silversea WC took us to many places that we haven't been before, with very few places we have already been, and those were places we didn't mind going to again.

The included airfare for the Silversea world cruise seemed more likely to not have any extra fees required, as we always end up needing to pay on Regent. But since we hadn't even been offered flights in March for January, we don't know the reality of that. On our previous Silversea cruise, we did our own air, and our own pre and post hotel. We have used Regent for air, and pre and post stays with no complaints. We did back to backs in September 2022 on Splendor, and enjoyed the ship more then the 3 older ships, because the cabins were larger, and there were more choices for restaurants.

So that's why a WC on Splendor seemed to me to be much more desirable than previous Regent WCs, and I would have expected it to be more than the Silversea WC we had signed up for.

Silversea did announce the updated itinerary this week, after we cancelled, and it's not what we wanted to pay 200k for (when their expensive excursions were included). I checked their website this morning, and they showed availability starting at just over 192k per person. Wow!!

• Like 1

We put a deposit down today for a Penthouse A Suite. Have not yet done a World Cruise, but sailed previously on Regent many times.  Anybody here with experience on World Cruises able to tell me the chances of us getting our requested cabin? In other words, how quickly should we expect the Penthouse Suites to fill? Thanks...Steve

4 minutes ago, smg4412 said:

We put a deposit down today for a Penthouse A Suite. Have not yet done a World Cruise, but sailed previously on Regent many times.  Anybody here with experience on World Cruises able to tell me the chances of us getting our requested cabin? In other words, how quickly should we expect the Penthouse Suites to fill? Thanks...Steve

How’d you put a deposit down? Don’t bookings for this begin on 4/10?

Just now, smg4412 said:

It was to get in line for when bookings open. This was through our TA

So it’s a pre-register and not a deposit?