Visa for US Citizens

The US State dept has great resources for the US traveler

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html.html?_gl=1*1ha5nld*_gcl_au*NTY4MTkxODM3LjE3MTE3NDc3NTc.

drop down to the "learn about your destination " box and enter the countries to be visited. It will let you know about required visas, embassies, health issues and much more.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, cindy1957 said:

My research is indicating no need for a special visa for or May trip to Netherlands and Norway. Just my passport. Am I correct?

Correct just make sure your passport expiration date is not less than 6 months from your return date.

By May 2025 you will need ETIAS (which is similar to the US ESTA, CA/UK ETA) - a pre registration for countries participating in a visa waiver program.

ETIAS - Entry Requirements for Visa-Exempt Travellers to Europe (schengenvisainfo.com)

May 2025 is the lastest given information for this program to set in.

steamboats

13 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Correct just make sure your passport expiration date is not less than 6 months from your return date.

The Netherlands and Norway are both Schengen area countries and only require your passport to be valid for three months beyond your departure date. While HAL recommends using a passport with six months validity post cruise, it is not a requirement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1