Free pre-paid gratuties

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

We have used a TA that offers free pre-paid gratuities...and yes, the offer is legit.

However, this TA only offers them on Balcony and above, and that is not explicitly stated in the general sales pitch (only in the fine print buried within). 

Not sure if other TAs use the same approach, just something to be aware of (or, of which to be aware...for you grammarians out there).

I always book Haven with the same TA.  Sometimes she offers the gratutities sometimes not.  Some credit card companies will offer pre-paid gratuities.  Some do not.  

I want to thank all of you! I mentioned this thread to my TA and she said she meant to list the pre-paid gratuities on my invoice, but forgot. She immediately listed them as complimentary! We’re in a Haven Suite this fall, so that’s a big savings! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, roddy good boy said:

I want to thank all of you! I mentioned this thread to my TA and she said she meant to list the pre-paid gratuities on my invoice, but forgot. She immediately listed them as complimentary! We’re in a Haven Suite this fall, so that’s a big savings! 

Congrats on getting it resolved!

On 3/29/2024 at 8:25 PM, Biffire said:

We signed up for a November Cruise, with free DSC, I asked our TA and she said it was a promotion from NCL. Not sure how it affects the cruise line employees. First time we have ever had this option, it does appear on our invoice from the TA.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:25 PM, Biffire said:

We signed up for a November Cruise, with free DSC, I asked our TA and she said it was a promotion from NCL. Not sure how it affects the cruise line employees. First time we have ever had this option, it does appear on our invoice from the TA.

Hopefully, the cruise line will take care of the employees.

1 hour ago, mcmomny said:

Even thou we get the pre paid gratuities we still tip our room steward, our bartenders and waitresses.

But one does not have to. The bartender is not included in the DSC, that is a different tip which you pay individually 20% or when you get the drink packages.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

But one does not have to. The bartender is not included in the DSC, that is a different tip which you pay individually 20% or when you get the drink packages.

Yes, I understand. We just like to tip for special service we receive. For example the bartender on The Jade last year remembered our names and drinks on the second night so we tipped him every evening.

It's just something we like to do!

@MoCruiseFan - you're constantly saying it's "onboard service charge," not "prepaid gratuities." Technically, of course, you're correct! But, as I've mentioned, I'm a TA. Recently my agency had a deal with NCL where the NCL BDM provided us with language that said "free prepaid gratuities..." so yes while this is technically the onboard service charge, even NCL uses the language that includes gratuities. So, as @PATRLR mentioned, it's not an either/or and serves no purpose but to confuse folks. OSC, DSC, PPG...all the same thing, regardless of how far up the semantic rabbit hole you want to go!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1