Check in Time

I have no experience of Orlando, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd probably put 11-11-30, but not be overly concerned about keeping that time.

1 hour ago, InsureFun said:

Our flight arrives in Orlando at 9:46am and we booked transfers through Norwegian to the port...what time should I put for Check in?

You are cutting it really close on timing.  Yikes!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Irrespective of the time of the year, flying in the day of the cruise with delays and cancellations could cause issues. I would fly in the day before so you’re not stressing, why risk flying in the day of and seeing ship sail away due to delays. 

so for an extra night hotel it’s worth the peace of mind 

Edited by DominicAUS

You have about at least an hour of travel from Orlando to Port C on a weekend day with everyone else heading for the beaches. You might consider changing that flight to earlier or even the day before. By the time you get off the plane and get your luggage you would be late for the meeting time with the NCL rep at 10am. (Terminal B, Level one by Hertz) The busses start rolling at 11am.

Contrary to what others are saying, you have a great landing time, if you decide to come in the morning of the cruise.  I have no idea why the comments about you cutting it close.  You'll get to the port after they start boarding so check in will be a breeze.  Just pick 11 for the check in time.  It doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Contrary to what others are saying, you have a great landing time, if you decide to come in the morning of the cruise.  I have no idea why the comments about you cutting it close.  You'll get to the port after they start boarding so check in will be a breeze.  Just pick 11 for the check in time.  It doesn't really matter.

Assuming all goes well with the flights. No delays, no cancellations, no air traffic control problems, no weather issues...

5 hours ago, InsureFun said:

Our flight arrives in Orlando at 9:46am and we booked transfers through Norwegian to the port...what time should I put for Check in?

11:30 is fine. 

Once you collect your bags, the NCL representative will take you to the waiting area. You will wait until the next bus fills before it leaves for the port which is about an hour away. 

5 hours ago, InsureFun said:

It doesn’t matter. When the bus gets you to the port you will go right to the check in line. They don’t pay any attention to time. You will probably get to the ship around 12:30. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

They are not cutting it clsoe IF everything goes perfectly.  we all know how much of a riak it is to ASSume that it will do so.  Flying into the port teh day of teh cruise is always a risk.  It is highly advisable that they fly in a day early.

Posted (edited)

Generally speaking, while I do like using NCL's transport busses, they won't leave the airport until they have a full, or close to full bus.  What time that is?  Who knows?  But, you'll get to the ship before all aboard....usually way before.

So, check in time is more or less irrelevant....as long as you're there to catch the bus.

Edited by graphicguy

48 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Assuming all goes well with the flights. No delays, no cancellations, no air traffic control problems, no weather issues...

Exactly what does this comment have to do with my comment????  If you're there at 9:46, I don't think you have any of these things to worry about....

19 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

They are not cutting it clsoe IF everything goes perfectly.  we all know how much of a riak it is to ASSume that it will do so.  Flying into the port teh day of teh cruise is always a risk.  It is highly advisable that they fly in a day early.

There is a risk with being at the MCO airport at 9:46?????  Please, do tell 

25 minutes ago, zqvol said:

It doesn’t matter. When the bus gets you to the port you will go right to the check in line. They don’t pay any attention to time. You will probably get to the ship around 12:30. 

Yep. Once you arrive, they don't care what your check in time is.

dbrown is correct that you have a great landing time that should not prevent you from getting to the port. But that assumes you actually land at that scheduled time. Experienced flyers will caution you not to make that assumption. Orlando is the second worst airport in the nation for delays. 30% of their flights were delayed last year, but that includes both arrivals and departures. Southwest, Spirit and Frontier comprise about half the flights in Orlando. Spirit and Frontier are two of the worst airlines for timeliness. Southwest is below average. Delta is the best, but even they only have an 83.5% timeliness record. Last month, 15.3% of arrivals into Orlando were late. That's about 5,000 flights, and it increases as spring weather and heavier air traffic kicks in. The odds are in your favor, but they aren't all that comfortably in your favor. It's up to you what level of risk you're willing to assume.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Exactly what does this comment have to do with my comment????  If you're there at 9:46, I don't think you have any of these things to worry about....

The point is: what if  you're late arriving?

14 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The point is: what if  you're late arriving?

Ok, but that point had nothing to do with my response, which is what you quoted.  

Just to weigh in…I just flew from Chicago to MCO last Friday for a destination wedding. My flight was due to depart at 7:40pm, it didn’t actually depart until 10:45 pm. We arrived at 2:00 am, Sat. But…we were on time for the wedding!! 

3 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

Just to weigh in…I just flew from Chicago to MCO last Friday for a destination wedding. My flight was due to depart at 7:40pm, it didn’t actually depart until 10:45 pm. We arrived at 2:00 am, Sat. But…we were on time for the wedding!! 

You were lucky.

The point is this:  when you are travelling to a cruise, you are betting the cost of the cruise that you will make the cruise.  You can pretty much avoid losing that bet by travelling the day prior.

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

See omahabob's response above.

Ok.  I guess I'm the slow one today.  Now I don't see what that response has to do with your response to my response.