Day 8 of 10, aft cabin, no soot

Guest Cable3232

It is almost like they designed the funnels to keep the "soot" off the passenger parts of the ship. 😄

We’ve had an aft suite before (not on X) and had no soot problems at all. However, there was a rather severe vibration and shaking problem. I don’t know if any X ships have this problem at the stern, but ships of several other lines do.

2 hours ago, odysee said:

Well we definitely had some soot on our sunset veranda on Beyond. Not that much, not every day, but always needed to check before sitting down.

Same here. We’re on the Edge now and put beach towels on the seats before using them. 

IMG_0491.jpeg

Posted (edited)

We have had several aft facing staterooms on both Celebrity and RCCL and have not had any soot, vibration, or other issues with any of them. (Have one on our future RCCL Odyssey TA). They are one of our favorite locations. Just our experience.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We have had soot on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse.  Not on every sailing in a SV but on some. Direction of the ship, wind?? irritating when it happens but still love SVs.

We have booked many S1 Aft corner sky suites- never had soot.  For those that did, I believe you, but how do you know it was actually smoke-stack soot and not some other type of outside dirt?  Just curious.  

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We have booked many S1 Aft corner sky suites- never had soot.  For those that did, I believe you, but how do you know it was actually smoke-stack soot and not some other type of outside dirt?  Just curious.  

First, where would the dirt be coming from when sailing far from shore?
And second, we usually sail in Aft S1's. I have always used a towel to clean the soot off of the loungers. Having a fireplace at home I know soot when I see it. 

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

One explanation I received during a ship tour a number of years back was that if it occurs, it typically is not from the ship exhaust but more likely from the on board incinerators that burn certain trash and that this can result in ash or soot accumulating at certain areas on the ship depending on wind and ship direction when this occurs.  Maybe @chengkp75 can confirm.