Thoughts on the martini flight

We are cruising without our usual drink package, so i want to pre-order the martini flight.

it says six 3oz martinis 

we normally have a 6 ounce or so martini, so that sounds like a lot to drink!

Anyone had it and have a recommendation?

is it a lot to drink, should a couple share one, or have one apiece!

It's a fun way of tasting some of the martini flavor options.  The flight presentation can also be a bit of a show production.  I know that when I ordered my Martini Flight, I asked the bartender to do it quietly/discreetly..  The woman who was sitting at the martini bar in front of him while he was making the martinis was loudly cheering him on, but when he placed the flight board in front of me he just smiled and nodded.

Also, the bartenders at the Martini Bar will have a fun 'show' demonstration one or two times during your cruise - it will be listed in your daily events schedule.  They will have a display of small martini glasses lined up and using multiple shakers pour out like 3 dozen tiny martinis.  After the martinis are poured, and the clapping has stopped, you can usually take a glass and enjoy it.  

• Like 1

This was the martini flight last April on the Equinox. Very generous size and they let my friend choose what he wanted to taste. Enjoy!

Martini.jpg

• Like 2

Share it.  The first time we tried it, my husband d and myself each ordered one ( back in the day when it wasn’t so pricy) and could barely walk afterwards.  For the on we shared.  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In general if you do not have the premium drink package its worth getting and sharing, if you have the premium drink package you can just order each martini and have a full one, and if dont like it just get another one and turn the one you didnt drink back in

• Like 2

I enjoyed it on the Eclipse last year. It definitely is a lot of alcohol so would have been better if I had someone to share with. But when you don’t have a drink package, it is worth the price. 

Hi all - my friend and I ordered this. Can we just use 1 and share and then come back at a different time and use the other. Didn’t realize you could share the drinks. Thanks!

21 hours ago, desiro said:

This was the martini flight last April on the Equinox. Very generous size and they let my friend choose what he wanted to taste. Enjoy!

Martini.jpg

Thank you, this is so useful! Do you recall if there were sections of the menu he couldn't choose from or if everything was available for the flight?

17 hours ago, prmssk said:

I enjoyed it on the Eclipse last year. It definitely is a lot of alcohol so would have been better if I had someone to share with. But when you don’t have a drink package, it is worth the price. 

I have never ordered the flight.  I have ordered all the drinks in the flight, one at a time over the period of a day or two, using the deluxe beverage package.   I do not see it making any sense for someone with the DPB to purchase this unless the intent is to share them with someone who do not have a drink package.  The flight can be shared, drinks you buy with your package are not supposed to be shared. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sparky426 said:

Hi all - my friend and I ordered this. Can we just use 1 and share and then come back at a different time and use the other. Didn’t realize you could share the drinks. Thanks!

Yes, one of you can order your flight.  The two of you share the drinks, and then the other can order their flight at any time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GlitterFemme said:

Thank you, this is so useful! Do you recall if there were sections of the menu he couldn't choose from or if everything was available for the flight?

I'm not sure about that - I do know they let him have 2 of one if he wanted etc. So if two people wanted to share the same ones they could. It's true though - if you have the drink package you can just order full size ones, and try them all!  🙂 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, desiro said:

I'm not sure about that - I do know they let him have 2 of one if he wanted etc. So if two people wanted to share the same ones they could. It's true though - if you have the drink package you can just order full size ones, and try them all!  🙂 

Good luck walking back to your cabin!

lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, desiro said:

That is a great idea 😁😁😁😁, will try that on next celebrity cruise, my favorite restaurant has 4 dollar martinis at lunch and I have had 6 on a few occasions but they are a little smaller than celebrity’s .

• Like 1