Carnival Horizon - What Floor is better for interior room: Floors 1, 2, 6, 7 or 8?

Hello! I'm about to book a cruise on the Carnival Horizon and we want an interior room with 2 single beds (no pull down). Our choices are Floors 1, 2, 6, 7 or 8. Which floor would be the best for this type of room and would it be better to be in the middle or aft of the boat. Thanks if advance for your help!!

I would say 7 just so you're surrounded by cabins on all sides.

I typically prefer aft cabins. I find there's fewer folks walking past my cabin door.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I would say 7 just so you're surrounded by cabins on all sides.

I typically prefer aft cabins. I find there's fewer folks walking past my cabin door.

Thank so much!

7 hours ago, Joporuss said:

Hello! I'm about to book a cruise on the Carnival Horizon and we want an interior room with 2 single beds (no pull down). Our choices are Floors 1, 2, 6, 7 or 8. Which floor would be the best for this type of room and would it be better to be in the middle or aft of the boat. Thanks if advance for your help!!

If I had to have an interior on Horizon, I would book a cabin on deck 1, if I am able bodied, the reason is when you get back from port it is easy to go up one flight of stairs to get back to your room. Also you can look into a 4J, they are at the front of the ship, and have windows at interor prices. Yes you are looking at the secret deck, but it's almost like having your own baclony.

46 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

If I had to have an interior on Horizon, I would book a cabin on deck 1, if I am able bodied, the reason is when you get back from port it is easy to go up one flight of stairs to get back to your room. Also you can look into a 4J, they are at the front of the ship, and have windows at interor prices. Yes you are looking at the secret deck, but it's almost like having your own baclony.

Thanks so much! We are leaning toward deck 1, just didn't know if it would be noisy on that level or not. We have always stayed on higher decks. The 4J rooms are unfortunately sold out, but thanks for the input on those rooms. I wasn't aware of those rooms. 

9 hours ago, Joporuss said:

Thanks so much! We are leaning toward deck 1, just didn't know if it would be noisy on that level or not. We have always stayed on higher decks. The 4J rooms are unfortunately sold out, but thanks for the input on those rooms. I wasn't aware of those rooms. 

Deck 1 rooms have tremendous vibrations and noise when the thrusters operate, especially if you are far aft or forward. You will be shaken awake.

35 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Deck 1 rooms have tremendous vibrations and noise when the thrusters operate, especially if you are far aft or forward. You will be shaken awake.

Agreed engine vibration on deck 1 can be really bad. Tried it once and never again 

Interior on 7 or 8 would be my choice

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

Agreed engine vibration on deck 1 can be really bad. Tried it once and never again 

Interior on 7 or 8 would be my choice

I once was deck 1 on Sunshine, far aft (like the second to last room on the ship). Every port day, including embarkation morning, we were shaken awake by the thrusters. Embarkation morning was like 5AM. 

That said I'd stay down there again for the right cruise. But I know what I'm getting into now.

• Like 2

I would select deck 7 or 8, mid or mid to aft. Personally we prefer higher floors, but surrounded by cabins and as mid-ship as possible to minimize movement. We stayed on deck 8 on Horizon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I once was deck 1 on Sunshine, far aft (like the second to last room on the ship). Every port day, including embarkation morning, we were shaken awake by the thrusters. Embarkation morning was like 5AM. 

That said I'd stay down there again for the right cruise. But I know what I'm getting into now.

Debarkation morning, of course. Too late to edit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Ok thanks! That’s not good. We are looking at a midship deck 1 room, but may go with a higher deck now and pay the extra money.

45 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I would select deck 7 or 8, mid or mid to aft. Personally we prefer higher floors, but surrounded by cabins and as mid-ship as possible to minimize movement. We stayed on deck 8 on Horizon.

Were you aft or midship on deck 8 on the Horizon? Any noise heard from the IMAX theater?

36 minutes ago, Joporuss said:

Ok thanks! That’s not good. We are looking at a midship deck 1 room, but may go with a higher deck now and pay the extra money.

Midship you are probably OK as far as vibrations but no first hand experience.

1 hour ago, Joporuss said:

Were you aft or midship on deck 8 on the Horizon? Any noise heard from the IMAX theater?

It was a while ago, so I had to look it up. We were in cabin 8398. You can check it out on the deck plan. I don't know if it was technically considered mid or aft. That was a Southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami. We had no noise issues. 

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

It was a while ago, so I had to look it up. We were in cabin 8398. You can check it out on the deck plan. I don't know if it was technically considered mid or aft. That was a Southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami. We had no noise issues. 

Enjoy!

Thanks! Looked it up and it is considered mid but closer to the aft end. It's not available on our cruise. Will probably book floor 7 or 8 aft then. We are doing the Southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami as well to the ABC islands. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 9:34 AM, Joporuss said:

Our family has stayed on deck 1 twice on the Horizon- midship in ocean view rooms 1282 and 1286 and forward in interior rooms 1217 and 1221.  We heard vibration early in the morning on port days in the forward rooms, but the midship rooms were very quiet, so I think the interior rooms you are looking at would be quiet too!  We like deck 1 as there is little traffic and it is quick to leave the ship on port days.  Of course we’ve also never stayed anywhere else in an effort to save money 😁.

• Like 1

We've stayed on deck 2 on the Horizon, it was an OV, pretty sure it was relatively aft.  Didn't have any issues with noise that I can recall, and loved the convenience of being able to walk a flight of stairs up or down when getting on and off the ship.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, runnerinn said:

Our family has stayed on deck 1 twice on the Horizon- midship in ocean view rooms 1282 and 1286 and forward in interior rooms 1217 and 1221.  We heard vibration early in the morning on port days in the forward rooms, but the midship rooms were very quiet, so I think the interior rooms you are looking at would be quiet too!  We like deck 1 as there is little traffic and it is quick to leave the ship on port days.  Of course we’ve also never stayed anywhere else in an effort to save money 😁.

Good to know! Thanks!! I’ve always been hesitant to stay on deck 1, but yes, trying to save some money as well 😊

We stayed on deck 7, in a balcony cabin and if the Seas are rough... everytime you come crashing down on a wave it sounds and feels like a bomb going off! We were about 4 cabins from the very front! Never again!

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on what you want to be close to. If you choose a lower deck, it's easier to get on and off the ship. If you choose a higher deck, you're closer to food and activities on the lido. I would just make sure whichever deck you choose has cabins both above and below you. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I know you didn't mention it, but deck 10 (lido).  Not sure if you didn't mention it because you didn't realize it was an option, but I just got off Horizon on April 7th from an interior on lido and it was an awesome location.  Quiet too because it was forward of the fwd elevators, so minimal foot traffic.  Close to bars and food.

If that's not an option, then whichever cabin on deck 7 or 8 has cabins above and below.

Edited by dlphn501
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

I know you didn't mention it, but deck 10 (lido).  Not sure if you didn't mention it because you didn't realize it was an option, but I just got off Horizon on April 7th from an interior on lido and it was an awesome location.  Quiet too because it was forward of the fwd elevators, so minimal foot traffic.  Close to bars and food.

If that's not an option, then whichever cabin on deck 7 or 8 has cabins above and below.

Good to know! Thanks so much 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 1:33 PM, Joporuss said:

Thanks! Looked it up and it is considered mid but closer to the aft end. It's not available on our cruise. Will probably book floor 7 or 8 aft then. We are doing the Southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami as well to the ABC islands. Thanks for your help!

I would go (and i did) book deck 7 middle. No noise of other deck activities or imax. nothing but room above. Just stay await from elevators and stair wells which i am sure you know.

Enjoy your pick where ever it is

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 2:14 PM, phoneman69 said:

I would go (and i did) book deck 7 middle. No noise of other deck activities or imax. nothing but room above. Just stay await from elevators and stair wells which i am sure you know.

Enjoy your pick where ever it is

Good to know. Thanks!!  Looks like we are going to do deck 7