Grand Suite Cabin

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Don't you think that poster could have stated that comment (which was quoted to and was aimed at me) as more of a general statement?   Something like "Pinnacles not in a suite do not receive free drinks in the SL".    That would have been more to the point, stating the obvious.  

But pointing the finger at me as "YOU no longer get free drinks in the SL".   Yes, I probably over reacted, you are right.  I just get tired of so many that think anyone wearing a Pinnacle badge is taking over "their" Suites Lounge.  They are the ones assuming that those Pinnacles are not suite's pax.  

In actuality, I am in your camp.  I would like to see the Suite's Lounge and CK be exclusively for GS pax and above.  (Flame suite adjusted here), but I don't make the rules...RCI does.  

This thread is titled as a GS topic.  The conversations many of us were having was of being in a GS, and still getting charged our C&A vouchers during happy hour in SL/CK.  Which is not right.  

What I have noticed is, that since no more free drinks, except for suite passengers, less people in the lounge.

The reason for the wording of YOU was that you stated that your Pin vouchers would be charged.  Which would mean you were in the lounge, but not a suite guest.

YOU, as in Pins, used to get free drinks in the lounge.  So this is a change.

18 hours ago, Cigar King said:

A pinnacle sailing in a suite *IS* a suite guest.  I don't understand why you refuse to accept that and continue to troll everyone about their assumptions.

I never said they weren't.  I was addressing a specific comment about a Pin needing to use their vouchers in the lounge.

If they were in a suite, it doesn't matter what level they are, they would get free drinks.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SRF said:

I never said they weren't.  I was addressing a specific comment about a Pin needing to use their vouchers in the lounge.

If they were in a suite, it doesn't matter what level they are, they would get free drinks.

Your comment to me, quoting me directly was a bit confusing, and felt like finger pointing to me.  Perhaps would have been better as a separate comment stating the obvious?  

The gist of the conversation on this thread was being (as the thread title shows) in a GS and getting charged for drinks on C&A vouchers during stated SL happy hour complimentary drinks.  Which is not right, and has happened to me most of the time.  Yes, you can be wrongly charged on your C&A vouchers when you (as I am) are a suite's guest.  Please go back and read the rest of this thread.  I was helping out with answers to several of the other posters.   

Also, just to inform you as to your other comment.  Yes, as suite guests we can have the complimentary happy hour drinks served during the 5-8 time frame during dinner...at our table.  

We have enjoyed that many times.  I was reassuring the poster that I was quoting that they could have that.  But you wanted written proof.  I suggest you consult the SL concierge letter and/or confirm that with the staff in CK.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, SRF said:

What I have noticed is, that since no more free drinks, except for suite passengers, less people in the lounge.

The reason for the wording of YOU was that you stated that your Pin vouchers would be charged.  Which would mean you were in the lounge, but not a suite guest.

YOU, as in Pins, used to get free drinks in the lounge.  So this is a change.

Assuming...   You could have asked.   If you were to read this entire thread, you would find out I am not alone...many suite's guests with C&A vouchers have been charged wrongly.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Your comment to me, quoting me directly was a bit confusing, and felt like finger pointing to me.  Perhaps would have been better as a separate comment stating the obvious?  

The gist of the conversation on this thread was being (as the thread title shows) in a GS and getting charged for drinks on C&A vouchers during stated happy hour complimentary drinks.  Which is not right.   

Also, just to inform you as to your other comment.  Yes, as suite guests we can have the complimentary happy hour drinks served during the 5-8 time frame during dinner...at our table.  

We have enjoyed that many times.  I was reassuring the poster that I was quoting that they could have that.  But you wanted written proof.  I suggest you consult the SL concierge letter and/or confirm that with the staff in CK.  

I did miss that you were in a suite and got charged.  I have not had that happen.

As for getting happy hour drinks at other venues, I have never seen that in the suite letter.  I will try it on my next cruise.  If it doesn't work, I will send you the bill. 😄 😄 😄

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SRF said:

I did miss that you were in a suite and got charged.  I have not had that happen.

As for getting happy hour drinks at other venues, I have never seen that in the suite letter.  I will try it on my next cruise.  If it doesn't work, I will send you the bill. 😄 😄 😄

Only at the bar, lounge and your table in CK.  Not other venues.  The poster I quoted is a GS guest and wanted to know if they could have happy drinks served at their table in CK.  Which of course they can.  This was their post.  Quite spelled out.  Again...please reread this entire thread for your information.  

On 4/10/2024 at 8:14 AM, island lady said:

Full drinks from 5-8.   

Just be sure to let the bartender know you want the drinks charged to your suite perks.  

I've asked this before, but I'm still a little confused.

If we are a suite and having dinner in Coastal Kitchen, can I order a cocktail from the dining room table and have it charged to our suite perks?  Or do I have to go to the bar and order there and bring it with me.  (I know it's one big room).   We are Diamond.

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Don't you think that poster could have stated that comment (which was quoted to and was aimed at me) as more of a general statement?   Something like "Pinnacles not in a suite do not receive free drinks in the SL".    That would have been more to the point, stating the obvious.  

No, I don't.  Nor do I feel there's any need to state "the obvious."  What I don't understand is why you do.  Repeatedly.  Nobody has suggested that Pinnacles who are also suite guests should be denied suite benefits.

As for the "You", why get riled?  You know you get the benefits.  Perhaps the poster was unaware that "You" were staying in a suite.  Perhaps they were using "You" to mean a group, Pinnacles. 

Do Pinnacles get bashed?  Yes, do they deserve it, sometimes.  Maybe we need to start bashing the Emeralds?  Those sneaky so and so's snuck right in between Platinum and Diamonds.  Who do they think they are?  😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, island lady said:

f we are a suite and having dinner in Coastal Kitchen

My experience has been that if are staying in a full suite, and you order a drink while in CK (11 - 11) they just bring it to you and do not use a voucher.  (something is clearly wrong with the comment attribution, but hopefully the person who asked the question will see this)

Edited by Cigar King

5 hours ago, SRF said:
On 4/14/2024 at 3:23 PM, Cigar King said:

A pinnacle sailing in a suite *IS* a suite guest.  I don't understand why you refuse to accept that and continue to troll everyone about their assumptions.

The comment wasn't directed to you...

22 hours ago, island lady said:

The gist of the conversation on this thread was being (as the thread title shows) in a GS and getting charged for drinks on C&A vouchers during stated SL happy hour complimentary drinks.  Which is not right, and has happened to me most of the time.  Yes, you can be wrongly charged on your C&A vouchers when you (as I am) are a suite's guest.  Please go back and read the rest of this thread.  I was helping out with answers to several of the other posters.   

Just in Coastal Kitchen or can you have the happy hour drinks at your table in the MDR as well?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cigar King said:

No, I don't.  Nor do I feel there's any need to state "the obvious."  What I don't understand is why you do.  Repeatedly.  Nobody has suggested that Pinnacles who are also suite guests should be denied suite benefits.

As for the "You", why get riled?  You know you get the benefits.  Perhaps the poster was unaware that "You" were staying in a suite.  Perhaps they were using "You" to mean a group, Pinnacles. 

Enough OK?  I told you I over reacted...which is a result of being ingrained from indeed so much Pinnacle bashing.  It's a fact indeed that goes on.  

That poster already realized they assumed (and obviously I get that a lot ) that I was not in a suite because of the mention of vouchers being used.  They obviously did not read the whole thread as we were talking about being in a GS (as the title of this thread is)...but still being charged on our C&A vouchers, including the Diamond I was discussing this with.  Many of us have been wrongly charged on our vouchers while in suite.  Do you get it now?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marycruz said:

No, only in Coastal Kitchen, and the lounge/bar area.  If indeed you are dining in Coastal kitchen at a table...lunch, dinner...or even breakfast....it is complimentary and can be served at your table.  Just ask your waiter, sit back and enjoy!  🙂 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

No, only in Coastal Kitchen, and the lounge/bar area.  If indeed you are dining in Coastal kitchen at a table...lunch, dinner...or even breakfast....it is complimentary and can be served at your table.  Just ask your waiter, sit back and enjoy!  🙂 

Thanks much!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harrisonkid said:

As a person looking to upgrade to GS...from 11 to 11pm are Waters, soda and Beer "free" ...and if I want a mixed drink it would count against my 5 (diamond plus) drinks?

The free beer/wine only applies to O class ships. If in a GS, drinks in the SL should not use any vouchers during happy hour.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harrisonkid said:

As a person looking to upgrade to GS...from 11 to 11pm are Waters, soda and Beer "free" ...and if I want a mixed drink it would count against my 5 (diamond plus) drinks

As a suite guest in a GS on ships that have a Coastal Kitchen/SL combo they indeed man the bar for drinks 11-11.  Beer (but they have downgraded that choice now to cheap domestic), wine (also downgraded) and sodas are complimentary to you during that time.  

The full cocktails are also complimentary, but only from 5-8 during the scheduled happy hour (some times vary on different ships).  

I have used my vouchers by choice when I wanted a higher grade wine or beer not during happy hour.  

But like many of us...do be sure (keep track of it) that they don't charge your vouchers during those complimentary times.  It has happened to us, many times.   Sometimes the concierge will insist on changing out your D+ card to a different color suite's card to alert the bartender to use your suite's perk, not your vouchers.  Or simply make sure you let them know not to charge your vouchers during that time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

As a suite guest in a GS on ships that have a Coastal Kitchen/SL combo they indeed man the bar for drinks 11-11.  Beer (but they have downgraded that choice now to cheap domestic), wine (also downgraded) and sodas are complimentary to you during that time.  

The full cocktails are also complimentary, but only from 5-8 during the scheduled happy hour (some times vary on different ships).  

I have used my vouchers by choice when I wanted a higher grade wine or beer not during happy hour.  

But like many of us...do be sure (keep track of it) that they don't charge your vouchers during those complimentary times.  It has happened to us, many times.   Sometimes the concierge will insist on changing out your D+ card to a different color suite's card to alert the bartender to use your suite's perk, not your vouchers.  Or simply make sure you let them know not to charge your vouchers during that time.  

When we were on harmony about 4 months ago they gave us same wine for lunch in CK as we got during happy hour without using a coupon . 

Posted (edited)

So if I am in a GS and above, during the suitr happy hour 5 to 8, the server should not ask for my card and use one of the Diamond vouchers?  Because it did happen to my husband and I more than once last July on the Grandeur.  

Edited by jean87510

39 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

So if I am in a GS and above, during the suitr happy hour 5 to 8, the server should not ask for my card and use one of the Diamond vouchers?  Because it did happen to my husband and I more than once last July on the Grandeur.  

No vouchers should be used during happy hour , maybe they wanted to confirm you were in a suite . If they attempt to use your diamond drinks just go to concierge and complain.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, George C said:

No vouchers should be used during happy hour , maybe they wanted to confirm you were in a suite . If they attempt to use your diamond drinks just go to concierge and complain.

It was a strange experience.  Because I needed my card to get into the suite lounge so obviously not sneaking in.  I think 2 drink vouchers were charged 1 night then the other night 1 drink voucher was charged.  We were new to suites and it was our 2nd time as a suite guest.  

So I know now no vouchers to be charged between 5 and 8 in SL, correct?

13 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

It was a strange experience.  Because I needed my card to get into the suite lounge so obviously not sneaking in.  I think 2 drink vouchers were charged 1 night then the other night 1 drink voucher was charged.  We were new to suites and it was our 2nd time as a suite guest.  

Pinns still have to use a voucher for drinks unless they are in a full suite, so that’s the reason the servers might ask to see your Seapass card….if they don’t know who the Pinns are.  Yes, if you are staying in a suite they should not be using a voucher for drinks in the CK/SL. I guess the single exception to this rule would be if you wanted a cocktail during non-Happy hour hours…then they might want to use a voucher.

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Yes no vouchers during the 3 hour happy hour in suite lounge. 

13 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Pinns still have to use a voucher for drinks unless they are in a full suite, so that’s the reason the servers might ask to see your Seapass card….if they don’t know who the Pinns are.  Yes, if you are staying in a suite they should not be using a voucher for drinks in the CK/SL. I guess the single exception to this rule would be if you wanted a cocktail during non-Happy hour hours…then they might want to use a voucher.

That makes sense.  However on this cruise the servers definitely knew who the Pinnacles were by the pins and they addressed them by name (server to Pinn). My husband reminded me that the one night we were in there they asked for it 2x as we both got 2 Coke zeros.  We remarked to each other how Royal was a little cheap with their suite guests by using vouchers for Coke Zero.  I think we stopped going after that as 1.  Our room was much more comfortable and 2.  Too many Pinnacles thus not allowing places to really sit and relax without hearing the war stories. Our only other time was when we were on the Voyager 7 months prior and it was a much nicer quieter experience.  When we just did MSC YC we were just blown away by the Top Sail lounge and the service so thinking back compared to RCCL suite, it was so much nicer.  Moving forward we do have an OS on the Radiance in September, a GS next year on the Grandeur again 2x and I believe a GS on the Brilliance.  I will definitely pay more attention as we do use our now 5 vouchers to stock room with sodas.  May have been just a fluke plus us not knowing much as we were pretty new to suites.

• Like 2