Different Check-In Times?

Last night, shortly after midnight, when checking in for my upcoming cruise on Adventure, I had an experience I've never had.  It gave me a 10:30 check-in time and when I entered my husbands info (5 minutes later), the earliest time available was 11:00.  Would it do any good to call C&A and try to get it fixed, or should I just be resigned to boarding later?

I have three booking linked.  I just wanted to select a boarding time for everyone at midnight last night but the app is broken right now. 

Online you have to type in passport info to get to the boarding time selection.  So I just checked myself in first and selected a boarding time.

When I went to check in my parents, the boarding screen page said that my party had already been assigned a boarding time and it applied to everyone.

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

Would it do any good to call C&A and try to get it fixed, or should I just be resigned to boarding later?

Neither, go at the earliest of check in times 

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

A tip for next time: Go into the app and snag a time for all guests. Then later go back in and fill in the rest of the info.

I tried that - it made me answer all of the other questions before it would let me proceed.  The only thing it let me skip was the photo.

2 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I tried that - it made me answer all of the other questions before it would let me proceed.  The only thing it let me skip was the photo.

Are you trying in the app or on the website? The website makes you do all steps before you pick a time. The app you can pick what you want to fill out first.

Posted (edited)

The app is bugged out right now is the issue.  If you are logged in and viewing your current cruise... don't log out or you won't get back in.  You can't switch to other cruises either.  I tried multiple phones.

It bugged out on check in day when everyone was trying to select boarding time.  I was able to do myself online at midnight via the website.  It seems to have applied my boarding time to everyone in my linked party as I typed in bogus info on another person and it came up and said "your party has a boarding time of 11am, if you want to switch, click here".  So I think we are OK.  I will just have everyone else do their own entry of passport data and picture.... I was just in charge of getting a boarding time at midnight.

436783010_10230676707876437_6284277604576030373_n.jpg

Edited by Pinballs83
pic

2 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Last night, shortly after midnight, when checking in for my upcoming cruise on Adventure, I had an experience I've never had.  It gave me a 10:30 check-in time and when I entered my husbands info (5 minutes later), the earliest time available was 11:00.  Would it do any good to call C&A and try to get it fixed, or should I just be resigned to boarding later?

I have only ever been asked to show my check in time once in 15 cruises and that was right after start up.

41 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Are you trying in the app or on the website? The website makes you do all steps before you pick a time. The app you can pick what you want to fill out first.

I used the app because the web site was saying check-in was not available at the time I tried.

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have only ever been asked to show my check in time once in 15 cruises and that was right after start up.

Good information to know - I've never paid any attention to whether they check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

A tip for next time: Go into the app and snag a time for all guests. Then later go back in and fill in the rest of the info.

It used to be that way. Recently when you try to check in it makes you fill out all the info. You can't skip ahead.

3 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Don't worry about it... We had the same thing happen to us on Adventure in February.  We arrived at 10:35 and they checked us both in.  We were onboard the ship by 10:55.

• Like 1

Check in times are not being enforced at the vast majority of embarkation ports. If they decide to enforce it for you, here's the way around it. Somewhere in the fine print it says, arrive at your scheduled time with your entire party. So... you have an early time, bring "your entire party" with you to check in.