Sneaky pics inside Queen Anne

cook68

I can not take credit for any of these photos I've 'borrowed' them from somewhere and maybe the people credited did the same to I can only name the names I see. 
Credit to Jackie Bailey, Gail and Mike
Inside the theatre of Queen Anne. 
Love the seats but really not so the height of the ceiling. Wonder if you lose atmosphere and grandeur.
Out side pool no idea what area or deck. Looks like a hoist for aiding into the pool to which is great. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, exlondoner said:

There doesn’t seem much rake in the theatre, but I assume they’ve worked that out.

And it looks narrow and deep. I like to sit near the back in case I don't like the show and want to leave quietly. But that seems awfully far from the stage. I wonder whatever happened to my opera glasses? I may have to pack them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Host Hattie changed the title to Sneaky pics inside Queen Anne
10 hours ago, reeves35 said:

Does this low roofed theatre design match with other HAL Pinnacle class ships?

It seems very different from Koningsdam. Here's a picture from 2019. All the lights hide the ceiling height, but I don't remember it it being so low.  K'dam is sort of theater in the round, whereas QA is a traditional layout. K'dam seating looks more steeply raked, but that could be the difference in camera angles.

L1810514.JPG

• Like 1

The theatre looks little different from many land theatres with the dress circle being quite low over the stalls. Lines of sight will be fine; they will have done if for improving capacity. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

It must be the way the photos have been taken as all indoor rooms look like they have low ceilings which cannot be the case as the ship hasn’t been built for the Borrowers.

I've been thinking the same thing, especially about the second atrium picture. I'm sure Cunard didn't lower the ceilings for their Pinnacles, and that area off the atrium isn't like that on HAL.

3 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

The theatre looks little different from many land theatres with the dress circle being quite low over the stalls. Lines of sight will be fine; they will have done if for improving capacity. 

I don't think there is a dress circle. If you look at the deck plans, the seats toward the front are shown on deck 2 and the seats toward the back are shown on deck 3. That's because of where the entrances are--you enter the front from deck 2 and the back from deck 3 because of the slope of the floor. (That's how it works on K'dam) 

QE and QV are like that, too. Front seats accessed from deck 1 entry, back from deck 2. Plus they have the boxes, which are at deck 3 level.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

1 minute ago, NE John said:

Can someone explain why QA is 13 tons heavier than the HAL Pinnacle class ships? 113 tons vs 100 tons. 
Source: Cruise Deck Plans site. 

More booze? Perhaps not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NE John said:

Can someone explain why QA is 13 tons heavier than the HAL Pinnacle class ships? 113 tons vs 100 tons. 
Source: Cruise Deck Plans site. 

Wikipedia claims she is over 22 metres longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1058 ft v 983 ft

113kgrosstons v 100kgrosstons

2996px v 2666px

v Nieuw Statendum

13 THOUSAND tons heavier, not 13tons

of course that's not really the weight but a measure of enclosed volume

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Difficult to find a website that gives direct comparisons of all dimensions.

Was trying to find scale drawings of both.

But it was the case with QE and QV that the Cunard ships were bigger than standard Vistas as well.

21 minutes ago, D&N said:

Difficult to find a website that gives direct comparisons of all dimensions.

Was trying to find scale drawings of both.

But it was the case with QE and QV that the Cunard ships were bigger than standard Vistas as well.

With 330 more passengers it had better be bigger!

• Like 1

QA has 34 tons per passenger while the most recent Pinnacle for HAL registers in at 31. QE and QV show 36 while QM2 reigns in at 46 by comparison. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NE John said:

QA has 34 tons per passenger while the most recent Pinnacle for HAL registers in at 31. QE and QV show 36 while QM2 reigns in at 46 by comparison. 

QA: 113ktons, 2996 Px v NS: 100ktons, 2666 Px

QA: 37.7, NS: 37.6

Somewhere the numbers aren't quite right, but yes, the QM2 reigns...!

2 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

QA: 113ktons, 2996 Px v NS: 100ktons, 2666 Px

QA: 37.7, NS: 37.6

Somewhere the numbers aren't quite right, but yes, the QM2 reigns...!

The source I got that data from is cruise deck plans. That site shows max capacity with every berth full: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Nieuw-Statendam

That site also shows QE max pax at ~2,500 for example, that would be a very crowded ship!

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, NE John said:

The source I got that data from is cruise deck plans. That site shows max capacity with every berth full: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Nieuw-Statendam

That site also shows QE max pax at ~2,500 for example, that would be a very crowded ship!

I had thought passenger numbers were based on normal occupancy without extra berths

But QA is supposedly 2996 (Cunard site) in 1397 cabins so that is some over occupancy.  But your site says 3353 max for QA. The 2996 is somewhat random over occupancy number…because it’s not 2 per cabin… sounds like it’s creatively kept below 3000…

The 34tons/px is based on the 3353 number which I hope is not the number on our upcoming fjords cruise. 

Edited by buchanan101

6 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

@NE Johninterestingly QA has 1225 crew for 2996 nominal px and NS has 1025 for 2666. QA has a much better crew/passenger ratio though not as good as QM2. (But an older ship may need more crew just to run it) 

Isn’t it fun to be a ship geek!?!👍