Sneaky pics inside Queen Anne

cook68

4 hours ago, cook68 said:

Credit: fedele.chiello. Instagram 
Queens Grill

How would one slide open the drawers that are under the TV facing the bed? There is very little space to gain access to those drawers. One would have to lean over from the side to use that storage area.
The marble everywhere looks excellent, and looks like a good sized sofa in the living area, but the tub looks small and narrow.
Overall, while exciting to see the work completed, the cabins and suites on QA seem just a smidgen more cramped than those on Vistas while we are downright spoiled for space on QM2. 

16 minutes ago, NE John said:

How would one slide open the drawers that are under the TV facing the bed? There is very little space to gain access to those drawers. One would have to lean over from the side to use that storage area.
The marble everywhere looks excellent, and looks like a good sized sofa in the living area, but the tub looks small and narrow.
Overall, while exciting to see the work completed, the cabins and suites on QA seem just a smidgen more cramped than those on Vistas while we are downright spoiled for space on QM2. 

I think that's a Master Suite, Q2. It's 'snug' compared to The Vistas and, I assume, QM2.

The stats tell the story... they usually do. Things don't seem, they just are:

QA  P1/P2 302 sq. ft.

QV/QE  P1/P2 335 sq.ft.

QM2 P1/P2 381 sq. ft

QA Q6  484 sq. ft

QV/QE Q6 484 sq. ft.

QM2 506 sq. ft.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NE John said:

Firstly, are they drawers or just drop down doors to cupboards? Secondly, if they are drawers, they aren’t going to be very deep, given the depth of the structure they were in. I do wish they weren’t black. I need light. 

10 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

No, I think it is a Q4, like the one we have booked.

It has two bathrooms, a separate bedroom and an ante room off the 'great' room. It's a Q2.

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

It has two bathrooms, a separate bedroom and an ante room off the 'great' room. It's a Q2.

Are we looking at the same one? The first video with a blue sofa?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Are we looking at the same one? The first video with a blue sofa?

No. Sorry. I looked at the second one. Very snug in comparison to her sisters.

Edited by Victoria2
added 'in comparison...'
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting those great pictures. To my delight I saw that the prommenade deck of QA is indeed NOT blocked by the liveboats- well at least it looks like it when looking at the picture on post 28. Can´t wait to see for sure if that is the case.

• Like 1

In the Q4 video, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of drawer space, though possibly there is and the camera didn’t cover that area. Many will remember QV’s first world cruise, which was just after she went into service, and involved much hasty retrofitting of drawers, the necessity of which had somehow been overlooked by the designers of the cabins. I hope they won’t have to go through that again.

Social media reports suggest QA is now 100% finished and today shipyard workers and their families are being invited on board as per custom.

2morrow being official acceptance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Thanks for posting those great pictures. To my delight I saw that the prommenade deck of QA is indeed NOT blocked by the liveboats- well at least it looks like it when looking at the picture on post 28. Can´t wait to see for sure if that is the case.

But they are.... you are looking at the big shore tenders amidships which are suspended over the deck only as high as the rail as there is added clearance needed for their rudders and propellers. So yes, if you are a five-year-old, you might be able to peer through the rail under the tenders and get a sea view. But all of the the regular lifeboats are indeed, as on all the PINNACLE-class, flat on the deck, completely blocking the view for... everyone. 

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

In the Q4 video, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of drawer space, though possibly there is and the camera didn’t cover that area. Many will remember QV’s first world cruise, which was just after she went into service, and involved much hasty retrofitting of drawers, the necessity of which had somehow been overlooked by the designers of the cabins. I hope they won’t have to go through that again.

Fingers crossed there for all cabins.

Can't say I was bowled over by storage space in the second QG cabin shown. Hopefully, once fitted out, we will get a better picture.

I think it's fair to say these are mostly at the end of fitout rather than being the finished presentation that will be presented to guests, those finishes touches will be worth waiting for! I have high hopes, I can see the vision and can't wait to see it myself!

• Like 1

Yes... very hard to get a fair impression of interiors in at this stage... finished just enough to be deceptive without being well... really finished.  And empty spaces without people even more so.I bet the housekeeping staff is not pleased with all those black hard surfaces in the suites... what a dusting nightmare!  

Me, I am more concerned that I have yet to see one piece of furniture that is not covered with what appears easy care vinyl or imitation leather.  There is not a single piece of comfy looking fabric upholstered furnture either portrayed in the renderings or in reality. And all of the chairs are upright, small profile armchairs that might be suitable for dining but hardly condusive to lounging with a good book and a coffee. The other Cunarders are filled with this type of traditional furnishing imparting a cosy quality that seems wholly lacking in QA as presented. So those who want different... well it appears they got it!

• Like 2