Its timer questions ? MSC Divina

jackie101

We have cruised many times, but 1st time with this cruise line.

In The MDR can you only order 1 app and 1 meal? Do you get charged for 2nd?

How do you book excursion before hand? 

Do they have an App? 

Do you have to register each room separately? Every time I try to register it says "try again, Error"

There is an app.  It is MSC for Me.  
How much you can order depends on where you are sailing (from).  If you are sailing from the US you can order as many apps and desserts as you want, but only one entree/main.  Second entree is $5, although there are reports of some. Not being charged.  This does not apply in the YC, I believe.  If you are sailing in Europe they say they are not being limited to one entree.  
 I believe you can book excursions in the app.  EM

19 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

How much you can order depends on where you are sailing (from).  If you are sailing from the US you can order as many apps and desserts as you want, but only one entree/main.  Second entree is $5, although there are reports of some. Not being charged.  This does not apply in the YC, I believe.  If you are sailing in Europe they say they are not being limited to one entree.  

Thank you, very helpful

14 hours ago, jackie101 said:

We have cruised many times, but 1st time with this cruise line.

In The MDR can you only order 1 app and 1 meal? Do you get charged for 2nd?

How do you book excursion before hand? 

Do they have an App? 

Do you have to register each room separately? Every time I try to register it says "try again, Error"

Hi

app isn't so useful BEFORE cruise. Just some information you could reach surfing in the web

App will undergo a metamorphosis when embarking

For meals, all included (even in MDR for breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, etc... and obviously in the buffet. There's grill&pizza buffet until late night) except second main course if you sail Miami or New York. They will charge you 5$

Other destinations (Mediterranean, Central and North Europe including Artic, Brazil, Red sea, South Africa, Japan and so on) will give you as many main courses as you want without charge

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The app doesn't work for all ships.  Divina is one of the ships it doesn't work for.  Or at least it didn't when I sailed and a quick search says it still doesn't. 

You can also log into your reservation on the website and look at excursions there to purchase before hand.l 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

The app doesn't work for all ships.  Divina is one of the ships it doesn't work for.  Or at least it didn't when I sailed and a quick search says it still doesn't. 

It works fine, it didn't in June last year but it has been added since then, and was working fine in February when we were onboard...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

It works fine, it didn't in June last year but it has been added since then, and was working fine in February when we were onboard...

That's what I get for referencing MSC's own page.  Haha. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

That's what I get for referencing MSC's own page.  Haha. 

The web updates are up to the usual standard, they added the 'MSC for Me' badge to the image of the Divina, but didn't add her to the text description further down the page.

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

You can also log into your reservation on the website and look at excursions there to purchase before hand.l 

The app works for Divina now. I used it the entirety of my 12-day sailing in February.

• Like 2

Just got off the Divina. The app works, it does have some useful features but I found out the wifi connection would drop with lack of use.  So plan on re-connecting to wifi daily or more.  The app also is loaded with spam notifications about things on the ship to make you spend more money, like “gin tasting” etc. 

The app is supposed to have pre-linked passengers traveling together with the chat  or text feature. But in our case my wife and I were not linked together. I got it linked but the texting feature I didn’t find too useful. Who wants to drag a phone around with them on vacation in case someone wants to message them, not me. 

On 4/11/2024 at 12:40 PM, 1kaper said:

App has worked on Divina since December 2023.

• Like 1