Booked ncl joy for This Sunday (4/14/24) yesterday

Has anyone checked in at the port in NYC? What about luggage tags also ? They wouldn’t let me check in because of 72 hours prior. Any help would be appreciated! 

• Like 1

Either use the NCL APP, &/or print your NCL invoice from your recent purchase.

When you arrive at the port, just look for where others are leaving their bags with the porters (porter can fill in the needed info to tag your bags).

Next head to check-in area, where they will ask for your name(s)/information. Since you won't have the typical documents, it might take a while long, but you'll be able to get checked-in and allowed to board as soon as allowed by standard procedures.

40 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Either use the NCL APP, &/or print your NCL invoice from your recent purchase.

When you arrive at the port, just look for where others are leaving their bags with the porters (porter can fill in the needed info to tag your bags).

Next head to check-in area, where they will ask for your name(s)/information. Since you won't have the typical documents, it might take a while long, but you'll be able to get checked-in and allowed to board as soon as allowed by standard procedures.

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sullyd said:

Has anyone checked in at the port in NYC? What about luggage tags also ? They wouldn’t let me check in because of 72 hours prior. Any help would be appreciated! 

How are you getting to NYC? Are you parking at the port? Porters both in front and on the roof of the terminal (parking lot) will have luggage tags if you can't print them out. Have a great time

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sullyd said:

The port in NYC gets crowded so get there early and go right to the porters and they handle all your luggage tags right there. Hope this helps 

Edited by Felicia18

8 hours ago, Felicia18 said:

The port in NYC gets crowded so get there early and go right to the porters and they handle all your luggage tags right there. Hope this helps 

Thank you!

On 4/12/2024 at 5:51 AM, sullyd said:

wrt luggage, there are porters all along the curb and in the parking structure to collect your bags. They will have tags to put on your luggage. Make sure that the room number they write on the tags is clear and readable. 

There is a document check (red signs below)  before you get to the x-ray machines. Make sure to have your Guest Confirmation (printed better - it's only 4 pages) and passport/birth certificate. You will go through x-ray security and on to check-in.

Manhattan Cruise Terminal has two check-in areas based on what deck you are on - One immediately after security and one all the way at the back of the terminal (Haven check-in is about 2/3 the way back in the terminal). Chose wisely,,, your room keys are only at one. And with the late booking, they may have to go and print your keys manually, so expect a slight delay. 

Have a great cruise!

image.png.34e01c9f8778592cde26f71463868adf.png

image.png.fcb649ec6b8d0422d3f6642ad7780b98.png

image.png.29b791d8c450365044396031307821c5.png

image.png.34e45b86a11687e64a4ee85b16e890a8.png

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

wrt luggage, there are porters all along the curb and in the parking structure to collect your bags. They will have tags to put on your luggage. Make sure that the room number they write on the tags is clear and readable. 

There is a document check (red signs below)  before you get to the x-ray machines. Make sure to have your Guest Confirmation (printed better - it's only 4 pages) and passport/birth certificate. You will go through x-ray security and on to check-in.

Manhattan Cruise Terminal has two check-in areas based on what deck you are on - One immediately after security and one all the way at the back of the terminal (Haven check-in is about 2/3 the way back in the terminal). Chose wisely,,, your room keys are only at one. And with the late booking, they may have to go and print your keys manually, so expect a slight delay. 

Have a great cruise!

image.png.34e01c9f8778592cde26f71463868adf.png

image.png.fcb649ec6b8d0422d3f6642ad7780b98.png

image.png.29b791d8c450365044396031307821c5.png

image.png.34e45b86a11687e64a4ee85b16e890a8.png

Except for me, I’ve never seen a porter on the parking deck level of the MCT, we bring our bags down the elevator and check luggage with porters there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

Except for me, I’ve never seen a porter on the parking deck level of the MCT, we bring our bags down the elevator and check luggage with porters there.

That's really odd.  I've done 10+ trips out of MCT, 3 last year, all of them parking adjacent to the ship, all of them having luggage porters right there, as soon as you pull-in, to unload your luggage and take your bags.  It's a smooth operation.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JGmf said:

That's really odd.  I've done 10+ trips out of MCT, 3 last year, all of them parking adjacent to the ship, all of them having luggage porters right there, as soon as you pull-in, to unload your luggage and take your bags.  It's a smooth operation.

When we’ve taken a car service, porters took our bags and we just walked in, when we’ve driven, we drove up the ramp, stopped for the dogs, parked, and brought our bags to the elevator, went down a level, and gave our bagels to a porter. We arrive between 9 - 9:30.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, sullyd said:

Is there a line to checkin or is it the same line as the already checked in?

Not sure about NYC but when I took my NCL cruise out of Miami in February, there was a separate line for those without documents. This was after the X-ray scanning. 

17 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

After all of the crappy weather we’ve been having, I’m very envious of those departing from nyc today!

Yesterday was freezing here with crazy winds, but today is gorgeous. Happy sailing for those hopping on board today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

When we’ve taken a car service, porters took our bags and we just walked in, when we’ve driven, we drove up the ramp, stopped for the dogs, parked, and brought our bags to the elevator, went down a level, and gave our bagels to a porter. We arrive between 9 - 9:30.

I'm sure it's that darn AI doing its thing by autocorrecting your spelling, but I just have to ask, did the porter enjoy his breakfast bagels?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2