Suite laundry limits

Hi, I know laundry in a suite is included, but is there any limit?  My wife and i run so it would be nice to send it out if not daily at least a couple of times during our cruise in 2 weeks. Just was wondering if there was a limit or if we just fill out the form every day and leave it for our room steward. 

thx

We usually send our laundry daily. we take pictures of what we send as well. Smaller batches are easier to track if something goes missing. Which btw has never happened to us. We’ve used the laundry service many hundreds of times without issue. I do not send anything I would be truly sad to find ruined or lost though. 

There is no limit to how much or how often you send.  Of course we have never sent anything but our own clothing.  I’m not sure what happens if someone tries to send friends/family members’ clothes. Not that you would. But it’s the only instance I can think of where a limit might be imposed. 

Never saw a limit, just fill the laundry bag, fill out the form as to what you're packing.  With all of our cruises, with several cruise lines, never had an issue with stuff missing, but, there's always a first time. 😃

• Like 1

I’ve never seen a limit. At times, we’ve received a noticed that laundry may take up to 72 hours, and it did.  Other times, laundry returns the next day; or even that night. I think this depends how many elites members on board and the number of suites, plus the capacity of the laundry facilities. You can get free tokens for the self service laundry from guest services. 

We usually travel pre cruise and have laundry on the first night.  We carry extra gym clothes and use the self serve laundry at times. 

We take pictures as well, but unlike at home, never lost anything.  

1 hour ago, milolii said:

At times, we’ve received a noticed that laundry may take up to 72 hours, and it did.  Other times, laundry returns the next day; or even that night. I think this depends how many elites members on board and the number of suites, plus the capacity of the laundry facilities.

I believe this applies only to Elite - not to suites. Suite laundry has priority over Elite laundry, so its turnaround time is not affected much by the number of Elites onboard. When I send laundry out in the evening from a suite, I've nearly every time received it back the next day - even on cruises when Elite laundry was taking several days.

• Like 2

We also have travel clothing which needs to be cleaned when we arrive on board.  We usually fill a laundry bag on embarkation day and provide it to our steward, sometimes before the ship has even left port.  We tend to get this laundry bag ready to go while we are unpacking.

There is no limit to the amount of clothing you can have laundered, and their dry cleaning services are very good, too.  If you have both regular cleaning and dry cleaning, you'll want to fill out two slips for two separate laundry bags.

If you are in a suite, don't accumulate your laundry.  Send out a bag every morning so that you always have clean clothing coming back, clothing in your closet, and some clothing that is out being cleaned.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

I believe this applies only to Elite - not to suites. Suite laundry has priority over Elite laundry, so its turnaround time is not affected much by the number of Elites onboard. When I send laundry out in the evening from a suite, I've nearly every time received it back the next day - even on cruises when Elite laundry was taking several days.

Ok, I will speak up if I see that notice again.  I had the notice in my cabin on the Island and the Royal. 

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Ok, I will speak up if I see that notice again.  I had the notice in my cabin on the Island and the Royal. 

They probably sent that notice to all Elites, whether or not in a suite.

We travel with our son so having 3 in the suite we tend to send laundry out daily to keep the bag small. Never had a problem with the frequency or amount that we send and always back the same day.

We try not to send out daily…every four/five days on our recent 26 night cruise. Separated colours and whites in different bags. We took photos of everything we were sending and wrote on the bag that we wanted a cool wash to avoid shrinkage. Took two/ three days as many elites on that cruise.

Posted (edited)

As suite guests, we send ours out everyday as we leave the cabin for dinner.  Super easy and usually comes back the next evening when we return from dinner.  

Edited by pauon
  • Like 1