Wonder of the seas - show replacement

Hi all,

We absolutely loved Tap Factory.  We hated the effectors as it was a show for kids that did not span the entire audience like most Royal Caribbean shows do.

With tap factory now gone and the effectors geared for kids, is voices really the only theater show for adults (plus ice skating which was phenomenal on the wonder and diving)?

Is Royal Caribbean going to add another show with the elimination of tap factory?

Tap Factory was replaced by a rotating headliner... juggler, singer, etc. Don't think anyone can tell you if they ever plan to add back another stage show but I doubt it since Wonder will be doing short cruises in the not-too-distant future.

Not fans of Tap Factory (different strokes for different folks), but it would be great if RCCL would incorporate some of the headliner type acts from Celebrity. Do we really need another juggler or medium show?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, baileybrad said:

would be great if RCCL would incorporate some of the headliner type acts from Celebrity

What type of headliners does Celebrity have? I’ve been checking Wonder’s headliners for a while since I had/have several cruises booked on her between last month & July & while we had a comedic juggler last month (not a fan) it has been mostly singers.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

What type of headliners does Celebrity have? I’ve been checking Wonder’s headliners for a while since I had/have several cruises on her between last month & July & while we had a comedy juggler (not a fan) it has been mostly singers.

There was an amazing piano player. One really good singer who incorporated humor and great interaction with the audience into his act. Another singer who also used deprecating humor about himself (he had finished runner-up in the English version of "America's" got talent show) and his talent......but he killed it. Sorry to report that two of the three cast type shows were humdrum. The one on the last night, used the Apex showroom's special effects amazingly well in a Rock Greatest hits type show.

We love the Wonder, too (see that you have been on her multiple time). The prices have gotten a tad rich for our tastes recently. We aren't sailing with kids anymore can't recall if you have tried an Edge class ship on Celebrity but they are quite nice if you do not have kids. I would not sail on one with kids but that is a personal decision. Some folks have sailed with their children and had good experiences.

Sorry I got a tad off topic.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, baileybrad said:

Sorry I got a tad off topic.

I get off-topic all the time, lol, and I’m gonna keep it going here.

Some of the singers on Wonder were on AGT based on the description but that’s all I can tell you.

Thanks for the Edge recommendation but I’ve never ever sailed anything but Royal. I’m a creature of habit & enjoy knowing everything about Oasis class & having a routine (plus I love the tweaks they made to Wonder aside from the warm, enclosed Solarium). Other people may find that boring but we all like what we like. We don’t mind sailing with kids. My wife is a teacher so we’re used to it. We also just hit D+ on our last cruise so I’m looking forward to some of our new perks.

Obviously I’m not thrilled about the recent pricing but at least for the last one & these next few my group rates weren’t too horrible (especially the ones in March).

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 minute ago, MommaBear55 said:

I find the technology fascinating

That's the part I liked. Everything leading up to that, not so much, but I'm not into Broadway (or stage shows in general) so that's likely as much on me as anything.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, baileybrad said:

Not fans of Tap Factory (different strokes for different folks), but it would be great if RCCL would incorporate some of the headliner type acts from Celebrity. Do we really need another juggler or medium show?

Interesting to see how celebrity headliners differ.  We have never sailed with celebrity and have seen a couple of the Royal Caribbean juggler headliners over 5 times.

Edited by cusematt4

7 hours ago, karena1 said:

Loved Tap Factory, did not like Voices at all.  So sad to see Tap Factory leave, it was a great show.  

I agree with you 100 percent. I loved Tap Factory. Saw it multiple times on Odyssey and Wonder. I would book a cruise just to see that show again. I have posted on this site before that Voices is the worst show I have seen on any RCI ship. Still confuses me that the shows on Wonder leave a lot to be desired. At least they corrected that on Icon; the Wizard of Oz was one of the best shows I have seen on a cruise. Also really liked the ice skating and water shows on Icon. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

At 70, I must still be a kid because I like the Effectors, I find the technology fascinating. I'd much rather go to that then anything resembling the Temptations or the Rat Pack

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's the part I liked. Everything leading up to that, not so much, but I'm not into Broadway (or stage shows in general) so that's likely as much on me as anything.

I stand corrected - the technology of Effectors 2 is terrific.   Every time I watch it, I sit in a different area to enjoy the technology.  Close up was the least enjoyable. 

M

• Like 2

Won't miss Tap Factory either.  Interesting show...once...but way too loud. 

I am seeing more and more of the "guest" and RCL entertainers taking over where there used to be Broadway type shows...IMHO...for the obvious reason...... it is cheaper.  

And RCI does like cost cutting.  😄 

However, I do love the ice show on Wonder.  🙂