NCL Viva Vibe Advice

Long time member, hardly post but I have learned a lot from this group.

We are 2 couples sailing on the Viva in Feb 2025.  Sailed numerous times on the Breakaway Class and always got the Vibe passes. First time on the Viva and we got Vibe cabanas. Any advice on the Vibe for the Viva and what do you get with the cabanas? I see that the Vibe Viva is bigger and may be near the ships buffet

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Like 1

Thanks for this question. I'm contemplating getting a Vibe Cabana for myself as well as gifting one to my sister.  So what makes it worth $600 over a regular Vibe pass?

If you get a regular Vibe pass, can you use a cabana if it's not in use?

The cabana includes 2 vibe passes so it’s not $600 more, more like $70 more (at least on my sailing this past fall). They are only supposed to be used by the person who reserved them. 

48 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

Thanks for this question. I'm contemplating getting a Vibe Cabana for myself as well as gifting one to my sister.  So what makes it worth $600 over a regular Vibe pass?

The crew in the Vibe know who has the cabanas.   They will stop others from using your cabana when you are not using it.

• Like 1

Yes the crew are amazing in the Vibe on the Viva and they will now everyone in there by name and who has a cabana. We had a great time and were so well looked after. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 1:35 PM, donnyo1997 said:

Any advice on the Vibe for the Viva and what do you get with the cabanas?

I'm not aware that you get anything other than a couple passes to the Vibe and the cabana.  Only advice I have is "enjoy".  Viva Vibe bartenders were great and strong proponents of "shot-o-clock" when we were there in December.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I'm not aware that you get anything other than a couple passes to the Vibe and the cabana.  Only advice I have is "enjoy".  Viva Vibe bartenders were great and strong proponents of "shot-o-clock" when we were there in December.

On the Encore this past February, both my husband and I were given the large box of water everyday.    We did not know we were entitled to it; the Vibe staff handed it to us the first day and told us we can get one every day.

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

On the Encore this past February, both my husband and I were given the large box of water everyday.    We did not know we were entitled to it; the Vibe staff handed it to us the first day and told us we can get one every day.

This happened on the Getaway in October as well - it was quite a surprise and was not listed as a benefit but we happily took the free water. 

The decor and size of the Vibe on Viva is lovely. There are many loungers, circular couches and table seating (convenient to the buffet). You can see both port and starboard and there is a "hot" tub on each side which are large (but not very hot). Compared to Encore and Bliss, we had some disappointment. They do not have the proper glasses for Prosecco or martini style drinks and serve in plastic cup rather than plastic flute or flared glass. The area is not as private with folks at Speedway viewing down, but this may change as they convert that space to the Entourage Teen lounge (or possibly worse?My guess is teen lounge will be inside and not impact Vibe, but hard to tell). Beware, some of the cabanas on the port side are near the Haven smoking section.

2 hours ago, Frogger22 said:

Beware, some of the cabanas on the port side are near the Haven smoking section.

Thank you for this bit of information.   I will definitely send an email beforehand and ask to have a cabana on the starboard side.   

3 hours ago, sansroof said:

This happened on the Getaway in October as well - it was quite a surprise and was not listed as a benefit but we happily took the free water. 

We also happily took the free water!  

• Like 1

Meh on the free water.  The only way I will drink it is out of the box over a glass of ice.  Otherwise it does not taste very good.

Prima does not have cabanas in Vibe or at least they did not when we last sailed in December.  They did keep a carafe of fresh iced water next to  us at all times.  Thought that was a nice touch.  Prefer over the boxed water.  

On 4/16/2024 at 1:35 PM, seemoreroyals said:

Meh on the free water.  The only way I will drink it is out of the box over a glass of ice.  Otherwise it does not taste very good.

Prima does not have cabanas in Vibe or at least they did not when we last sailed in December.  They did keep a carafe of fresh iced water next to  us at all times.  Thought that was a nice touch.  Prefer over the boxed water.  

For some reason, I really enjoy the carafe of water.  I pour it in my yeti that I use for water so the ice does not melt.    

• Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 6:36 PM, olemissreb said:

Can you? Of course you CAN.  Should you?  No, someone else paid for that cabana and they most likely do not want you laying in it swearing it up.  One of the times we had the Vibe cabana, we got there to find two  people lounging in our cabana.  They looked up, saw us,, and said "sorry" as they slinked away.  If they were really sorry they would not have used what was not theirs to use just becasue we happened to not be there at the time.  VERY rude to use the cabana if it is not yours.  Don't be that guy...

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 7:27 PM, vacation44 said:

The crew in the Vibe know who has the cabanas.   They will stop others from using your cabana when you are not using it.

No they wont.  We have walked into the Vibe when we had a cabana booked only to find two rude females laying in our cabana.