Daniel Boulud dinner on Millennium - does it usually sell out before the cruise starts? (January 2025 Bali)

zitsky

1 hour ago, miched said:

If the ship still has a library you will find a few of the cookbooks that people left. 

We did a chefs table.   I had a premium drink pack.    I mention that to the sommelier.   He suggested a red wine.   I tried it and it was ok, nothing special just red wine.  I am not a wine expert or connoisseur.   I asked if it was covered by the package and he said yes it is $10.   Fine.   My glass would get between 1/2 and 3/4 full and he would top it off.   At the end of the dinner and he started to top it off again and I told him not to.    I think I left about 3/4 of it.   He then gave me a bill to sign.  It was for 6 glasses of wine at $10 per plus the gratuity.  I asked why I was getting it and he said because it was $10 over the premium allowance.   I didn’t want to make a scene so I signed it.  It was for $72.    I took the receipt and went to GR and told them the problem.   The next day I got a call.   The charge was taken off and they were sorry for the misunderstanding.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for that.  Like you I bet a lot of us go with the premium package so we are NOT charged.  I’ll watch that.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does it ever change?  I don’t sail for 8 months.  On Millie in Bali.

It's been the same the last 3 or 4 times we've gone. We're not going again until they update it.

46 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does it ever change?  I don’t sail for 8 months.  On Millie in Bali.

Changes about as fast as Murano and or any the specialty menus change, very very rarely.  The food is good but the only one I will ever do again is the Veuve Cliquot dinner, but they have phased that out mostly when I questioned the Cellar Master on my past November cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

The food is good but the only one I will ever do again is the Veuve Cliquot dinner, but they have phased that out mostly when I questioned the Cellar Master on my past November cruise.  

They offered it on our Panama Canal East to West last year but cancelled when four of the eight people who had signed up cancelled. 

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Thanks for that.  Like you I bet a lot of us go with the premium package so we are NOT charged.  I’ll watch that.

The problem was the cost of the wine was $10 over the price limit covered by the premium package.    I think the price limit was $17 and that wine per glass was $27.   I told him that I had the premium and didn’t want to go over that.  When he suggested the wine and poured me to taste I again asked if it was covered and he said yes it is $10.   To me that was meaning the cost per glass was $10 and covered by the premium package.   What he meant was it was $10 over the limit even though I told him a few times I don’t want to go over the limit of the premium pack.  Then to be charged for 6 glasses of wine when I say in total I only drank about 2 1/2 glasses because he kept  topping off when it was still 1/2 to  3/4 full and I didn’t finish the last full glass.    At the time I thought it was just good wine service when all he was after was the additional gratuity of $2/glass.   My wife had a white wine that she asked for.   It was in the premium package.   Funny that he didn’t top her glass as many time as he did mine.  I think her glass got refilled once and at that time it was almost empty.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

The Daniel Boulud is prepared by the ship chef,correct? The email makes it sound like Chef Boulud is preparing it.

Laura

Boulud is the Executive Chef. He designed the menu. It’s prepared by the chefs onboard. Which is mostly true of any restaurant. 

3 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

The Daniel Boulud is prepared by the ship chef,correct? The email makes it sound like Chef Boulud is preparing it.

Laura

No Daniel is not cooking the food.   I think he was on a cruise when this got started.