Izumi menu change?

We enjoy lunches at Izumi and always order  a la carte.  On our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Ovation the menu listed on the Royal app does not include the ramen bowls which are my favorite.  Please tell me this is an error and they have not been removed.  Was looking forward to my special sea day lunches!

I have been on the Ovation many times, and they have never had Ramen the several years I have sailed. It’s one thing I miss also, since I don’t eat sushi.

This is just a guess....Quantum class (Ovation) Izumi and Oasis class (Wonder) have slightly different menus?  We ate at Izumi on Anthem and I could have sworn that the menu on Wonder had more items.  I didn't eat at Izumi on Wonder this time so I might be wrong.

Anyone else know for sure?

Izumi menus are not identical across the fleet. My guess is that the items which can be offered on any given ship may depend on where Izumi is located, as that also is not identical fleet-wide.

Anthem definitely had fewer items than Symphony, which are the ships I have personal experience of with regard to Izumi.

1 hour ago, 4104ever said:

We enjoy lunches at Izumi and always order  a la carte.  On our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Ovation the menu listed on the Royal app does not include the ramen bowls which are my favorite.  Please tell me this is an error and they have not been removed.  Was looking forward to my special sea day lunches!

There is a difference in the menu on Quantum class ships vs the Oasis class.  Has been for as long as I can recall

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

This is just a guess....Quantum class (Ovation) Izumi and Oasis class (Wonder) have slightly different menus?  We ate at Izumi on Anthem and I could have sworn that the menu on Wonder had more items.  I didn't eat at Izumi on Wonder this time so I might be wrong.

Anyone else know for sure?

Yes, OA class and Q class have different menus

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Indy has Izumi located on the Promenade where is no proper kitchen so the Izumi menu on Indy is much reduced.  

I believe Izumi is Deck 4 forward on Indy

IMG_3900.png

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I have been on the Ovation many times, and they have never had Ramen the several years I have sailed. It’s one thing I miss also, since I don’t eat sushi.

Well shucks!!  Thank you for letting me know.  Better to be disappointed now instead of onboard where I was expecting it.  

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Indy has Izumi located on the Promenade where is no proper kitchen so the Izumi menu on Indy is much reduced.  

You meant Adventure of the Seas

We had the UDP on Ovation and the Izumi menusadly  is reduced to the online menu offerings - no dumplings for example and the same lunch and dinner so just a lunch and dinner over the 10 days . We even chose the MDR on one night as you can only enjoy Wonderland , Jamies and the Grill so many times given that we had 7 sea days where lunch was also included at the speciaalty restaurants with the UDP . Great value obviously .