Panorama parking at Port of Long Beach

41 minutes ago, tootsiescurly said:

What has the parking been like recently on embarkation day? I heard it sometimes difficult we are debating using Uber/Lyft. Also, was the current daily cost for parking?

I hope you're not on this Saturday,April 20th sailing. The Long Beach Grand Prix is taking place starting tomorrow and it's going to be gridlock in this area. I'm staying at the Residence Inn on the same island as the Carnival cruise terminal and planning just to walk to the terminal. We're making backup plans for dinner by reserving a table at the restaurant in the adjacent Maya Hotel,which is actually even closer to the Carnival terminal. While we can walk across a bridge to the LB downtown waterfront area that's where the Grand Prix is located and there will be thousands of people here all day and night starting tomorrow.

• Like 3

I would recommend against Lyft/uber.  It took us 43 minutes from the Hyatt Long Beach to get a parking ticket.  That is without the Grand Prix in town.  Also on debark day people were saying that it was taking the Uber drivers upwards of 30 minutes to get thru the traffic and many were just cancelling the fares.

14 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I hope you're not on this Saturday,April 20th sailing. The Long Beach Grand Prix is taking place starting tomorrow and it's going to be gridlock in this area. I'm staying at the Residence Inn on the same island as the Carnival cruise terminal and planning just to walk to the terminal. We're making backup plans for dinner by reserving a table at the restaurant in the adjacent Maya Hotel,which is actually even closer to the Carnival terminal. While we can walk across a bridge to the LB downtown waterfront area that's where the Grand Prix is located and there will be thousands of people here all day and night starting tomorrow.

Any chance you are doing a B2B? I board the 27th. Otherwise I'll wave to you on my way in. 🙂

I've eaten at the Mexican place in the Maya. It's pretty good, margaritas weren't bad either. 

10 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Any chance you are doing a B2B? I board the 27th. Otherwise I'll wave to you on my way in. 🙂

I've eaten at the Mexican place in the Maya. It's pretty good, margaritas weren't bad either. 

We're doing a second cruise but not on the Panorama. On the 27th we're flying from LAX to Honolulu,staying three nights,then boarding the Anthem of the Seas for a 9 nt Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. 

I'm glad to hear about Fuego Restaurant. The reviews are both ends,either great or overpriced and bad,lol.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We're doing a second cruise but not on the Panorama. On the 27th we're flying from LAX to Honolulu,staying three nights,then boarding the Anthem of the Seas for a 9 nt Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. 

I'm glad to hear about Fuego Restaurant. The reviews are both ends,either great or overpriced and bad,lol.

I'm not going to say it isn't overpriced--that's relative. I just figure if it's California and roll with it. It's also been a few years since I've been there. We stayed there in 2019. They had a happy hour on Friday then, so we ate $3 tacos and I drank $5 margs. The buffet the next morning is possibly the best breakfast buffet I've ever eaten at. Didn't mind the $30 price tag at that time.

Sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy!

pc_load-letter, are you sure about the parking situation for Firenze?  I have a trip set for May 16 and plan to drive from Vegas on Wednesday, stay in Seal Beach overnight and drive to the port Thursday morning.  Not excited about driving to the port, having DH drop me off at port, he drives our car to convention center and hops on the shuttle back to port.  Can we both drive to the convention center and hop on the shuttle?  I also have Southwest flights booked in case we decide to fly instead.  I am trying to figure out what would be better.  Fly down Wednesday and uber to the port OR drive down Wednesday and deal with the parking.  Thoughts??

On 4/18/2024 at 5:48 PM, kwokpot said:

I live 20 miles from Long Beach. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near Long Beach this weekend.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, tootsiescurly said:

I live 20 miles from Long Beach. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near Long Beach this weekend.

So all the worrying about accessing local things was unwarranted. Yes most of the Long Beach waterfront area and Shoreline Village was within the Gran Prix ticketed zone but it turns out we were able to get free general admission day passes for 2(discount code pepsi38) using a discount code. Given today was only racing trials the free general admission tickets allowed one to sit at the grandstands and watch the trial runs. It also allowed us to walk Gladstones for lunch. It was a beautiful day. We went back out at 7pm and the Grand Prix events were over for the day so the waterfront area was no longer cordoned off for ticketholders. We had a nice dinner at Yard house and a pleasant walk back to the Residence Inn. Tomorrow we will walkover to the Carnival dome which will only take 15 minutes. We did a test run this morning. We would have gone to see the inside of the Queen Mary but missed the time period for $10 entrance fee and had no interest in spending $40/pp which is the standard fee.

Edited by kwokpot

• 2 weeks later...

Got my letter today from Carnival regarding parking for the Panorama on May 4:

If you are driving to the Port of Long Beach, parking arrangements have changed, and you will now
be required to park at 124 E Shoreline Dr, Long Beach, CA 90802  (approximately 10 minutes from the cruise terminal). 

Here are some additional details for you to know:  

• Please proceed directly to the cruise terminal to drop off your luggage and traveling companions. 
  • At the cruise terminal, you will be provided with directions and a card to identify you as a Carnival Panorama guest for parking area entry. 
  • Agents will verify your booking information and the total cost will be automatically added to your onboard Sail & Sign account®. Parking will cost US$20, per day (including embarkation and debarkation day). 
  • Complimentary shuttle service will be available to take you to the terminal on embarkation day and back to the parking facility when you return to Long Beach at the end of your cruise. Accommodations will be in place for our guests with mobility limitations. The last shuttle will run 30 minutes prior to the final boarding time printed on your boarding pass. 
  • Signage will be on site to direct guests to the designated parking area.

We are on the Panorama on May 25 and we have a large truck.  Does anyone know if we still park in the over sized lot at the terminal or if the offsite parking lot handles over sized vehicles.  We are also doing a b2b so if the offsite lot will that charge the parking for both cruises on day 1.