How much luggage do you take for a 2 week cruise.

12 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Sounds like awesome trip 🥰

Oh it was, with out doubt one of the best cruises we have done.

Thoroughly recommend if you can do a WC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm hoping we'll get away with 2 medium-large spinners, two medium spinners, 2 overnight bags, and two cartons for check-in. We're going to drop these down to the terminal fairly early, then take the car back home and finish a few chores. So we'll just have two carry-ons and a backpack to take with us when we check-in. 

Yes, it's really useful when the port is only 15 minutes away.

That would be a dream Julie 🥰

4 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

I agree, but sometimes you don't have a choice. I do recall coming home after the 5 month trip around Europe and SE Asia on a budget as a young student. By the time I got home, I hated the sight of my travelling clothes so much that I bundled them up and donated the lot to the local Op shop.

If I were able to be overseas for 5 months I think I could compromise. 😉 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My formal outfits are all Camilla silk kaftans so take up very little space or weight

I love my Camilla for the space and weight savings 🙂.

• Like 2

I remember getting advice on here for everything, when we did our first cruise (2018)

One lady said her and her sister went on a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and took 34 pairs of shoes between them!

I think I took 4 pairs on our cruise....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I remember getting advice on here for everything, when we did our first cruise (2018)

One lady said her and her sister went on a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and took 34 pairs of shoes between them!

17 pairs per person? Maybe a bit excessive for a 7 day cruise. I'm up to 13 pairs for the world cruise but that includes reef shoes. I'm still debating whether to take my ankle boots but realistically the only time I'm likely to wear them would be on a dinner excursion in Capetown as it could be cool there. I might just make do with my black Skechers - who cares what my feet look like!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

17 pairs per person? Maybe a bit excessive for a 7 day cruise. I'm up to 13 pairs for the world cruise but that includes reef shoes. I'm still debating whether to take my ankle boots but realistically the only time I'm likely to wear them would be on a dinner excursion in Capetown as it could be cool there. I might just make do with my black Skechers - who cares what my feet look like!

I saw there was a Syd Capetown leg. If you’re at the actual waterfront, the V & A hotel right on front is where we are spending Christmas week! Our fav spot

23 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I saw there was a Syd Capetown leg. If you’re at the actual waterfront, the V & A hotel right on front is where we are spending Christmas week! Our fav spot

I'll look out for it.

You're not tempted to sneak in an extra trip to Capetown and have a cruise at the same time?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That is a beautiful spot, we dined there twice in 2019, when we stayed in Capetown for a week prior to catching the QE back to Australia.

Great menu selection too, was hard to chose which to have.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'll look out for it.

You're not tempted to sneak in an extra trip to Capetown and have a cruise at the same time?

We’d love too but already booked Christmas and not feasible to go now as well! It’s only $1790 pp inside for the 19? Days! Cheaper than airfare!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

That is a beautiful spot, we dined there twice in 2019, when we stayed in Capetown for a week prior to catching the QE back to Australia.

Great menu selection too, was hard to chose which to have.

It’s our splurge when we go! We drop the hire car back at the airport on the way (stay couple weeks at Gordon’s Bay first) and get a ride out to V & A, cos you don’t need car there. Excursions and tours right from there. I found last years Christmas lunch menu (full buffet) so really looking fwd to that too.

• Like 2

Generally a standard 20-23kg suitcase. I packed too many clothes in it though for my last cruise to Japan. There's a lot of shopping to do there, so I had to ship 6kg of clothes home. I sent them by sea and they arrived in 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Muffinz said:

I'm not a shoe person, comfort has always been my priority. However, it's surprising how the number of pairs taken on a cruise add up -

1. Trainers for the plane (my feet get cold, brrrr).

2.  Keens for traipsing around the ship and on shore.

3. Jandals for around the pool.

4.  Dress sandals for dinner - one or two pairs.

5.  Slippers for in the cabin.

6.  Reef shoes for the beach.

👟 👡 🩴 🥿 👠

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We’d love too but already booked Christmas and not feasible to go now as well! It’s only $1790 pp inside for the 19? Days! Cheaper than airfare!!!

Good price

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Wow, Max 4 pairs for me. Slappers, Walking shoes ( Hoka or Merrells), Boat shoes and possibly sandals if it is a warm weather location

Slappers?

For holidays I use those cheap slippers hospitals used to give you, white with a white sole. They always show how clean or otherwise hotel/cabin floors are. Princess pass the test 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Wow, Max 4 pairs for me. Slappers, Walking shoes ( Hoka or Merrells), Boat shoes and possibly sandals if it is a warm weather location

My husband has two pairs of Hokas. His podiatrist recommended them once he was able to wear shoes after his two toes were amputated. He bought the blue ones as the place that he was referred to only had those in his size (13), He bought a black pair recently at the sports store where our grandson works at the weekend. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cbtours said:

That's a shame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

Slappers?

For holidays I use those cheap slippers hospitals used to give you, white with a white sole. They always show how clean or otherwise hotel/cabin floors are. Princess pass the test 😊

Slappers are a type of thong that have arch support and fit snuggle as to be able to run backwards in them. Very comfortable.

download.jpeg

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

My husband has two pairs of Hokas. His podiatrist recommended them once he was able to wear shoes after his two toes were amputated. He bought the blue ones as the place that he was referred to only had those in his size (13), He bought a black pair recently at the sports store where our grandson works at the weekend. 

Also very light and comfortable shoes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

That's not what slappers are in Victoria 🤭

Next time I am down that way, I will try and find one of the Victorian type. 

Out of interest, a few questions.

Do they come in different colours and sizes?

do the cost much ?

do they last a long time?

and will my wife like them as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3