Ez air question

Knickearth

We did ezair to return home.  I believe ezair would cover getting you to ship as well as home.

we got a very delayed flight from ft. L yesterday and American Airlines cancelled our connecting flight home.  All this due to poor weather in Dallas.  There were no flights available Sunday, we we are scheduled for Monday.  Two nights in a hotel in Dallas.  Our luggage is in sac.

does ez air help?

thanks.

Do you also have trip insurance?

I do not believe you will have any protection from EZ Air getting to the ship IF you didn’t book a flight with them (to get there).

I do believe either insurance and/or EZ Air will assist you with a hotel due to your delay.   Weather may be the determining factor if you are reimbursed.  

• Like 1

We are in same situation 5 hour delay from Fort Lauderdale to Dallas . Sat on plane in Dallas waiting to go to Portland over 3 hours to be told flight cancelled due to weather . Strange as other lines SW and Delta were taking off .

No hotel availability spent night in airport . Around 3 am I called Princess EZ air help line and told them I had to book another airline home as no flights on American until Tuesday.

they were very helpful and said Princess will only reimburse for the new flight we had to book. Paperwork is on line .

We were told flight cancelled as no pilot . Stood in help line in airport until 2.30 am hoping for a hotel … no go . Flight had been coded as weather cancellation so no compensation .

15 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We were told flight cancelled as no pilot . Stood in help line in airport until 2.30 am hoping for a hotel … no go . Flight had been coded as weather cancellation so no compensation .

15 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

So sorry.  We were starving when we got to Dallas so ate dinner in airport.  Lady next to us recommended the Hilton homewood suites which is only ten mins from airport and provides free shuttle service.  Today shuttle will take us to pharmacy to purchase basics.  Wearing same clothes for 3 days is disagreeable.  We finally got that 8 am flight tomorrow.  The homewood suites is reasonable and included breakfast.

37 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We were told flight cancelled as no pilot . Stood in help line in airport until 2.30 am hoping for a hotel … no go . Flight had been coded as weather cancellation so no compensation .

This doesn’t sound like it is weather related.  What an awful way to end a relaxing cruise.  So sorry.  

Wasn’t clear if you were booked with EZ Air (sort of sounds like you were).  I am surprised that they will only reimburse you for air and not a hotel.  Hotel might have fallen under trip interruption.  

Do you have documentation that says no pilot?  I’d write to American.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This doesn’t sound like it is weather related.  What an awful way to end a relaxing cruise.  So sorry.  

Wasn’t clear if you were booked with EZ Air (sort of sounds like you were).  I am surprised that they will only reimburse you for air and not a hotel.  Hotel might have fallen under trip interruption.  

Do you have documentation that says no pilot?  I’d write to American.

Yes, “no pilot” can definitely be weather related.  Because of the weather, the crew can be out of position and unable to get to the next flight.  Their flight could be cancelled inbound, many reasons due to bad weather. Unfortunately.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

So sorry.  We were starving when we got to Dallas so ate dinner in airport.  Lady next to us recommended the Hilton homewood suites which is only ten mins from airport and provides free shuttle service.  Today shuttle will take us to pharmacy to purchase basics.  Wearing same clothes for 3 days is disagreeable.  We finally got that 8 am flight tomorrow.  The homewood suites is reasonable and included breakfast.

Not a nice way to end a cruise.

Good you found a hotel.  

I don’t stand in line for a hotel or flight standing idly. 
I actually, look up protections on the airline App, sometimes they have it already.  If it’s not acceptable or not protected, I stay in the line for help.  Also, look for any available flight to get home.  Although, if it’s weather related, it’s not helpful, as they won’t offline you.  But, I have purchased airline tickets, just to get home, if it’s a refundable type ticket.

I also check a site, like booking.com to see if any hotels are available.  If so, I grab one.

When you do get up to the CS airline agent, you can ask what they can do to help you.

Hopefully, you all have insurance for your cruise, interrupted travel.  Save all receipts, hotel, food, clothes, transportation costs, etc to submit.  Screenshot airline availability on your phone, cancelled and protection flights.

Best of luck to all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not a nice way to end a cruise.

Good you found a hotel.  

I don’t stand in line for a hotel or flight standing idly. 
I actually, look up protections on the airline App, sometimes they have it already.  If it’s not acceptable or not protected, I stay in the line for help.  Also, look for any available flight to get home.  Although, if it’s weather related, it’s not helpful, as they won’t offline you.  But, I have purchased airline tickets, just to get home, if it’s a refundable type ticket.

I also check a site, like booking.com to see if any hotels are available.  If so, I grab one.

When you do get up to the CS airline agent, you can ask what they can do to help you.

Hopefully, you all have insurance for your cruise, interrupted travel.  Save all receipts, hotel, food, clothes, transportation costs, etc to submit.  Screenshot airline availability on your phone, cancelled and protection flights.

Best of luck to all!

It also helps to state in a loud and "in command" voice, "DON"T you KNOW who I AM?"  That always gets CS to provide you with the best service possible!  😀

• Haha 4

We do have Insurance thank goodness , our bags went to Portland early this morning

on standby for 2 afternoon flights .Hopefully not another night in Dallas.

EZ Air not so easy , will think hard before using it again.

coughers and sneezers everywhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We do have Insurance thank goodness , our bags went to Portland early this morning

It is not EZAir's fault when an airpline cancels a flight. For a flight to the ship, they guarantee they will get you to the next port. This is something extra from EZAir, because the airline will only try to eventually get you to the original flight destination.

On the flight home, it is the airline's responsibility to get you to your final destination - EZAir has nothing to do with it. You are in exactly the same position as someone who purchased the ticket directly from the airline. Reimbursement for hotel, meals, and other costs depends on the airline policy and the reason for cancellation. Trip interruption insurance should pay the additional costs if the airline does not.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

I looked up the plat. Insurance coverage we purchased from princess.  Looks like we might get monies we spent because of delay of flight.  I will send in info to see what happens tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Sat on plane in Dallas waiting to go to Portland over 3 hours to be told flight cancelled due to weather . Strange as other lines SW and Delta were taking off .

Southwest doesn't serve DFW (yet). 

If other airlines were taking off, your flight was likely cancelled because the weather delay caused to crew to no longer be legal to take off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

It is not EZAir's fault when an airpline cancels a flight. For a flight to the ship, they guarantee they will get you to the next port. This is something extra from EZAir, because the airline will only try to eventually get you to the original flight destination.

On the flight home, it is the airline's responsibility to get you to your final destination - EZAir has nothing to do with it. You are in exactly the same position as someone who purchased the ticket directly from the airline. Reimbursement for hotel, meals, and other costs depends on the airline policy and the reason for cancellation. Trip interruption insurance should pay the additional costs if the airline does not.

This may be true, but if it's a cruise in the continental United States or Canada, why are you booking with EZ Air when you can just book through the airline itself and save so many hassles when it comes to cancellations, trip interruption, etc?... and yes, I understand about not having to pay until 90 days before sailing

Still?

We made it home ... American came through for us after the most helpful lady worked hard to get us on a standby flight . I hugged her as I boarded our flight .

I have to say the not having to pay for flight until final payment is a huge plus for us .

Our friends on SW Saturday connected in Dallas Love Field maybe less rain there .

We survived , we made it have our bags and all is well . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, STLCARDS82 said:

This may be true, but if it's a cruise in the continental United States or Canada, why are you booking with EZ Air when you can just book through the airline itself and save so many hassles when it comes to cancellations, trip interruption, etc?... and yes, I understand about not having to pay until 90 days before sailing

Still?

1. With EZAir, can cancel or change flight with no penalty until 45 days prior.
  2. With EZAir, don't pay for flight until 90 days prior.
  3. With EZAir on pre-cruise flight, get transportation to next port if miss cruise.

Delay and cancellation on return flight was airline's problem. EZAir did not add any additional hassles.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We made it home ... American came through for us after the most helpful lady worked hard to get us on a standby flight . I hugged her as I boarded our flight .

I have to say the not having to pay for flight until final payment is a huge plus for us .

Our friends on SW Saturday connected in Dallas Love Field maybe less rain there .

We survived , we made it have our bags and all is well . 

Congrats.  It is 6:40 am Monday and we are at the gate in Dallas awaiting an 8:14 flight.  Can’t wait to get home.

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:
  1. With EZAir, can cancel or change flight with no penalty until 45 days prior.
  2. With EZAir, don't pay for flight until 90 days prior.
  3. With EZAir on pre-cruise flight, get transportation to next port if miss cruise.

Delay and cancellation on return flight was airline's problem. EZAir did not add any additional hassles.

EZ Air thru most Cruise Lines use a consolidator,if not all....

Not all flights on all US Airlines are available on EZ Air

Arriving a Day before and you won't miss your Cruise

i can "What If It" all Day....EZ Air might be good for International Travel and it "may" be good for some for Domestic Travel...However I prefer to keep my Cruise,Air,and Hotel separate...

On 4/22/2024 at 4:41 AM, Knickearth said:

Congrats.  It is 6:40 am Monday and we are at the gate in Dallas awaiting an 8:14 flight.  Can’t wait to get home.

Have to add that we all boarded the early flight but after an hour an announcement was made about something wrong with plane. We were told the whole plane had to exit.  We got sent  to the other end of Dallas airport and another plane was sent in.  Finally landed in sac. Only to learn two of our 3 bags went to San Diego?  Last night after midnight the luggage was delivered.  Will think long and hard about American Airlines.  Their customer service sucks.  They don’t control the weather so I don’t hold them responsible for the delays.

54 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Have to add that we all boarded the early flight but after an hour an announcement was made about something wrong with plane. We were told the whole plane had to exit.  We got sent  to the other end of Dallas airport and another plane was sent in.  Finally landed in sac. Only to learn two of our 3 bags went to San Diego?  Last night after midnight the luggage was delivered.  Will think long and hard about American Airlines.  Their customer service sucks.  They don’t control the weather so I don’t hold them responsible for the delays.

I avoid AA as much a possible. No airline is perfect but I have issue after issue with American. Constantly changing flights, lost luggage, etc.  Im a Delta fan, still not perfect, but day and night difference fin my experience based on a lot of travelling,

• Like 1