Caribbean Princess cabin with rollaway

coscab

Anyone have pics or info on cabin B535 on Caribbean Princess or similar cabin, specifically info about roll away bed, we need a cabin that accommodates 3 people.

The more I research the more I am finding that maybe there is a pullman bed in cabin B535, maybe don't need a rollaway, anyone have any info on these cabins on caribbean princess?

Looking at cruisedeckplans, there are a lot of pictures of those cabins, none showing a rollaway, a number showing an upper bunk.  My advice is to become a member of cruisedeckplans.com, a minor investment, and look at the pics of all the cabins with that symbol.  Write down the ones that you can document have the upper bunk, and try to book one of those.  EM

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Looking at cruisedeckplans, there are a lot of pictures of those cabins, none showing a rollaway, a number showing an upper bunk.  My advice is to become a member of cruisedeckplans.com, a minor investment, and look at the pics of all the cabins with that symbol.  Write down the ones that you can document have the upper bunk, and try to book one of those.  EM

On cruisedeckplans it shows something that looks like a swinging door outside  B535, cant figure out what that is, any idea

image.png.2994d7b97c739fde0c110f89982681f4.png

Fire Door. Notice that B535 is adjacent to cabin B601. 500 series cabins are in a different fire zone from 600 cabins. You will notice that from forward to aft the cabin series go from 100's to 700's. These are the different fire zones as well as different zones for other purposes. 

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Fire Door. Notice that B535 is adjacent to cabin B601. 500 series cabins are in a different fire zone from 600 cabins. You will notice that from forward to aft the cabin series go from 100's to 700's. These are the different fire zones as well as different zones for other purposes. 

Thank you

Posted (edited)

B535 does appear to be a 3 person cabin.  If you go to the deck plans on the PCL website, you can sort by # of passengers, as well as connecting and accessible rooms.  

4553E58F-936E-494B-8172-5500BD374CA4.jpeg

Edited by MTNest93

On 4/22/2024 at 9:16 AM, coscab said:

On cruisedeckplans it shows something that looks like a swinging door outside  B535, cant figure out what that is, any idea

image.png.2994d7b97c739fde0c110f89982681f4.png

Not only is that a fire door, but you are the last cabin in the section.  Note that your next door neighbor is B601?  The new number sequence indicates a new bulkhead section.  There are fire isolation doors between every section on every deck of the ship.

Also, I've never seen a roll away bed in a cabin.  The occupancy number of a cabin indicates all the bed spaces that are already in a cabin.  Notably, a cabin that can sleep 4 will have some combination of a convertible bed (it converts from king to twin) and some combination of bed that is made out of a couch, basically a hide-a-bed, or bed(s) that fold down from the walls or come down out of the ceiling.

For Inside/outside cabins that sleep 4, I've seen the room configured with the king bed split into two and the upper berths either are attached to the wall and fold down or come down out of the ceiling and have ladders to access them.  The reason they have to split the double bed is because there has to be access to the upper berth, which is right above the regular bed.

Mini suites and full suites usually sleep 4, but there is a bit more space and the configuration is such that the double bed doesn't have to be split because the 3rd and 4th berth are the couch and a ceiling drop down bed above the couch.

I don't claim that this encompasses all 3rd and 4th berth situations, but it covers most.