culinary arts class on splendor

Posted (edited)

My Dec 2024 cruise on Splendor still show no culinary arts classes available to book.  I looked at the culinary arts tab on regent and the only cruises showing this feature we explorer cruises:  Culinary Arts Kitchen | Regent Seven Seas Cruises (rssc.com)  .  Has anyone been able to prebook on Splendor or Grandeur for that matter for upcoming cruises?  Or do you just have to book onboard now?

Edited by Lonedaddy

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

My Dec 2024 cruise on Splendor still show no culinary arts classes available to book.  I looked at the culinary arts tab on regent and the only cruises showing this feature we explorer cruises:  Culinary Arts Kitchen | Regent Seven Seas Cruises (rssc.com)  .  Has anyone been able to prebook on Splendor or Grandeur for that matter for upcoming cruises?  Or do you just have to book onboard now?

We pre-booked for our Splendor Caribbean cruise and have already booked on Regent’s website (quite a while ago) 2 classes for our Grandeur Med cruise in July. 

I booked a cooking class (Northern Lights) for a July cruise on Splendor.  I recall they were not offered immediately along with shore excursions but may have gone online about six months before the cruise embarkation date. 

• Like 1

So, I just checked when I booked my culinary arts kitchen for my Jan 2025 cruise on Grandeur.....made the booking in July (6 months prior).  They weren't available at first, but kept checking on website and then they appeared.  Not sure if 6 months is the trigger???  Available before shorex.  I was also able to use OBC to book.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:05 PM, Lonedaddy said:

Hmm I sent an email to regent why there isn’t any posted yet

Have you tried calling in?  I usually end up having to call an agent for certain excursions, dining reservations, etc. that we can't do properly online.

43 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Have you tried calling in?  I usually end up having to call an agent for certain excursions, dining reservations, etc. that we can't do properly online.

What a novel idea, I'll have to try that.

Is There Anybody Out There Telephone GIF - IsThereAnybodyOutThere ...

2 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

I think it depends on the cruise. We were able to book the classes on Grandeur this summer over a year before our cruise.  it was well before the shore excursions. 

As were we for our Grandeur July cruise.

I just booked a Culinary Arts class on our March 2025 cruise on Grandeur this past weekend. I will say, I was surprised they were available so early as we can't book excursions yet. I might just give them a call.

Diane

And there you have it:  From my T/A:

"I spoke with Regent just now, and they told me that only certain sailings offer culinary classes as activities you can book during your cruise, and unfortunately this South Africa sailing in December is not one of these select cruises."

I'm surprised that RSSC would build a ship with the Culinary kitchen they advertize and not utilize it.  The SA sailing has basically 6 sea days I would think they would sell out.  Do they think they aren't going to fill them?  Or perhaps they can't get the supplies they need?  I'm befuddled. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

And there you have it:  From my T/A:

"I spoke with Regent just now, and they told me that only certain sailings offer culinary classes as activities you can book during your cruise, and unfortunately this South Africa sailing in December is not one of these select cruises."

I'm surprised that RSSC would build a ship with the Culinary kitchen they advertize and not utilize it.  The SA sailing has basically 6 sea days I would think they would sell out.  Do they think they aren't going to fill them?  Or perhaps they can't get the supplies they need?  I'm befuddled. 

That is surprising.  Our 18-night cruise on Splendor in July has scheduled eight days with different courses, and though we only have two sea days there are classes at both 10 and 4 on those days.   We booked one on a sea day.

Edited by Bruce61

As some have note, Culinary Kitchen offerings will post anytime from before excursions to just a few months out.  However, I have never heard of an Explorer-class cruise where they weren't eventually offered, so be patient.  Even as we emerged from the depths of the pandemic, they were offered...though as it turned out as demonstrations (with full refunds) for those who had them booked.