Concierge first day lunch in dining room

tbmrt

Just saw this menu on Constellation and unfortunately nothing appeals to me.  Is it possible to order something else, i.e., plain chicken?

image.thumb.png.baca4f27b790fdae4edd7bc7f82b5593.png

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Just saw this menu on Constellation and unfortunately nothing appeals to me.  Is it possible to order something else, i.e., plain chicken?

That's what chicken paillard is,plain grilled chicken breast. You can't get anything more basic than that. I don't think you can order something that's not on the menu.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

ust saw this menu on Constellation and unfortunately nothing appeals to me.  Is it possible to order something else, i.e., plain chicken?

We've never cruised in concierge class but have done many B2B cruises. Same limited menu in the MDR for CC and B2B cruisers on TAD. No substitutions. We don't have personal experiences with that but sat with another couple who asked and were denied. They left. Never hurts to ask. 

Edited by doghog

Posted (edited)

In our experience the Concierge lunch menu is fixed and there are no options available.  Keep in mind it is on day one when everyone is boarding and it is designed to offer Concierge guests, which is a limited number of guests, a more relaxed alternative to the normal day one restaurant options.  But as it is serving a limited number of guests, it is not designed as an open menu venue.  The chicken is pretty basic, but likely with a sauce.

So if nothing appeals to you on the menu then you would just have to go to the alternative venues for lunch.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 12:43 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

In our experience the Concierge lunch menu is fixed and there are no options available. 

This has been my experience as well but they will let you request anchovies on the Caesar salad so that makes me happy.

On 4/23/2024 at 9:54 AM, tbmrt said:

Set menu. The short ribs are great

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

This has been my experience as well but they will let you request anchovies on the Caesar salad so that makes me happy.

....and my request would to hold them!  LOL  They certainly will try to please their guests.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:54 AM, tbmrt said:

That's the choices.  Our last and first Concierge Lunch was on Solstice in 2022 and we thought it was meh.  We were both afraid that was the quality of the food on the cruise, and happily it was not.

We have gone to the CC lunch because of doing a B2B.  We  were also able to do the Luminae lunch when in a suite.    Neither one is anything to get excited about.  It is a lunch.   

Think about it   What do you normally have for lunch?  This is a time to try something different that may not appeal to you.   You may find a new favorite. 

It is basically something to hold you over until dinner and if it isn’t enough there is always something available later in the  the day in the buffet 

It is basically a time to be able to relax after the tiring and maybe stressful morning by being served instead of the self serve hog trough.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

The Concierge lunch on the Reflection in March was very nice and quite tasty.  I had the chicken and believe it certainly would be acceptable as a "plain" chicken dish. Salmon and shorts ribs were delicious for others at the table.  Pumpkin soup was a delightful surprise.  A lovely way to start our cruise.

• Like 1