Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Curacao museum was an army hospital

1853 military hospital for yellow fever

Built new hospital. The new one has 500 beds, 7 operating rooms and does all surgery except open heart surgery 

IMG_9207.jpeg

IMG_9208.jpeg

IMG_9211.jpeg

IMG_9210.jpeg

IMG_9212.jpeg

IMG_9213.jpeg

IMG_9214.jpeg

That’s a surprisingly large amount of beds and ORs for such a small island. Population just under 200k. You’ve posted some really interesting info from this excursion. Bravo!

• Like 6

Loving your review like always. But you need to hurry up and get back SO I CAN GET ON! Looks like we will be the first Horizon cruise back to Ochos Rios since the accident. Looking forward to my break. But enjoyed yours as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, depplep said:

The children are our future. 

If there was a crying or frowny emoji, I would use it for those pigeon murderers. And the future that is in their hands.🥺

Instead I used the laugh.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:
2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

the look at me crowd.

And they made multiple trips. That was the3rd or 4th time. Why I had my camera at the ready. These trips weren’t as good.

IMG_9708.thumb.jpeg.dae468c8ad9154217b8690d2994a2f4c.jpeg

IMG_9711.thumb.jpeg.69dc508778d2e3a935885ab7ab8b63cc.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

This is crazy. I met this couple at alchemy last night. This is my 25th carnival cruise. Their 75th. Found out we’re cruising on together next year. The big cruise only @Jamman54 and @blarko know about. My diamond cruise. My last scheduled carnival cruise. And we’re almost neighbors. They’re 15-20 feet from me. Today they’re next to me at alchemy I find out they’re Mets fans. Their daughter is dating a Mets player. They have all of these pictures from dugouts and stuff. It’s pretty crazy. but a little weird because he’s a pitcher so they’re wishing bad things upon the Mets young up and coming pitching prospects….

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 16
  • Haha 4

All of my polos were sent to the wash last night except for the one I sent out tonight. So I intended to stop by the room and get a fresh polo for elegant night. Since I ended up next to the Mets couple…things change… so elegant…

IMG_9727.thumb.jpeg.22775f374fb28680e260300f7ace3f5d.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This is crazy. I met this couple at alchemy last night. This is my 25th carnival cruise. Their 75th. Found out we’re cruising on together next year. The big cruise only @Jamman54 and @blarko know about. My diamond cruise. My last scheduled carnival cruise. And we’re almost neighbors. They’re 15-20 feet from me. Today they’re next to me at alchemy I find out they’re Mets fans. Their daughter is dating a Mets player. They have all of these pictures from dugouts and stuff. It’s pretty crazy. but a little weird because he’s a pitcher so they’re wishing bad things upon the Mets young up and coming pitching prospects….

Small world! :classic_smile:

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yes

Good thing is she gave me a social media group that streams the Mets games and works on the ship. So I’m just waiting to be approved for that.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I screamed chick fil a when I walked by. The people setting it up didn’t seem to know what I was talking about.

IMG_9624.thumb.jpeg.7aac577f000253a4197d00dc0650edba.jpeg

I like big butts and I cannot lie!  Got $250 off Matilda's butt once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)

[forgot to attach copy of the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble Post" with Saint Gregg's nemesis]

Show me you're a first time cruiser without telling me you are a first time cruiser

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Show me you're a first time cruiser without telling me you are a first time cruiser

What time does the boat leave?

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think this is a good time to just get my card switched out so I can bank the pretty 25 cruise one. 

I go down there’s one GS agent. The same one I dealt with on my JiJi’s and excursion issues. 

Three in the regular line. Nobody in priority. 

The person being helped leaves, I step up. Behind me and to the right I hear “the line starts here!” Several times. I look back and say “im in the platinum line.” 

The guy goes toe to toe with me. Gets up in my face . “I don’t care. I’ve been here 30 minutes and you ain’t going ahead of me.”  I say actually I am going ahead of you.

His significant other jumps between us. GS agent says to him “this is the priority line.” She proceeds to help me I give her my room number..then look back at the guy and repeat my room number. She gives me the card. Before I leave I look back at the guy and say my room number again. 

Who the F. Scott Fitzgerald minus Scott Fitgerald does he think he is?

Not surprisingly, I haven’t heard from the guy. I was expecting at least a written apology.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So that was surprising. Couple at alchemy had been waiting for a table for half an hour. And was showing a 40-50 min wait. I was like well I better request a table! I was showing 40-50 min wait but got one in 10 mins. Before they got theirs.

IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9726.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

So that was surprising. Couple at alchemy had been waiting for a table for half an hour. And was showing a 40-50 min wait. I was like well I better request a table! I was showing 40-50 min wait but got one in 10 mins. Before they got theirs.

IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9726.jpeg

Well you are Saint Greg……

• Like 3
  • Haha 4