Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

On 4/27/2024 at 11:57 AM, Saint Greg said:

IMG_7102.jpeg

I've seen several reviews with them writing on the mirror. They've never done that on mine before. Do they only do it for milestones?

On 4/27/2024 at 6:48 PM, Saint Greg said:

True story John wick was holding my ship

card to his heart when I asked For a pic.

thats why we get his name tag up.

IMG_7297.thumb.jpeg.39057dd74e02a0a7741dbaf1736a130a.jpeg

It's weird people put names of crew members on their reviews but the minute I do it, I get dinged for it and the post taken down in my review saying we are not allowed to post crew members names. 🤷‍♀️

On 4/28/2024 at 10:50 AM, Saint Greg said:

Picked up my VIFP stuff and made my usual ornament purchase 

IMG_7401.thumb.jpeg.c2fa3215e54609d2939b630a0b021529.jpeg

IMG_7403.thumb.jpeg.a75c5084ef87d9d904c6fb62c83db954.jpeg

So wait, if you are VIP you get a ship ornament? I haven't even been able to find them on the ships in the shops on my last 3 cruises on Carnival or NCL. (I collect these). It looks like I'm going to have to find a new collection hobby soon since I can't find them. 😞 

On 4/28/2024 at 11:42 AM, Saint Greg said:

I noticed yesterday there was no card and the lights still worked. Maybe they have that “feature” disabled now.

IMG_7415.jpeg

Our Panorama cruise didn't need the cards either. I remember the first night I took the card out and everything stayed on and I went around turning all the lights off. lol

On 4/28/2024 at 1:34 PM, Saint Greg said:

This couple walking in front of me… guy stops

to take a picture. Girl keeps walking. She says honey is that the coffee shop? Then turns and looks back. You’re not honey. I can be on a temporary basis.

LOL, I seriously laughed at this. (Shamelessly admitting I've done this before). 

On 4/28/2024 at 5:59 PM, Saint Greg said:

That’s how I leave the room for cleaning.

IMG_7512.thumb.jpeg.765182725d89204ef91d7f3913edce5a.jpeg

I really love that room! So much space!

Loving the review but so much more to catch up on! I can't wait to see the ABC's part!

• Like 4

On 5/13/2024 at 5:00 PM, Saint Greg said:

I haven’t been on the newer ships yet. I do have Encore and Prima booked in the first three months of next year. So far I’ve only been on Jewel. I’m doing it again this summer. That’s actually my next cruise so I’ll be posting the link in this thread when it comes around. Before you book make sure you buy a cruise first certificate. It’s a free $150. And if you wait they frequently do the $500 ones for $250. You may find this interesting:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-norwegian-princess-comparison/

Now to get you on Celebrity, to add them to that comparison.

13 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I've seen several reviews with them writing on the mirror. They've never done that on mine before. Do they only do it for milestones?

I’ve seen them for birthdays and anniversaries and things like that. This is the first time anyone has written on mine.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

It's weird people put names of crew members on their reviews but the minute I do it, I get dinged for it and the post taken down in my review saying we are not allowed to post crew members names. 🤷‍♀️

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of that being a problem 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

So wait, if you are VIP you get a ship ornament? I haven't even been able to find them on the ships in the shops on my last 3 cruises on Carnival or NCL. (I collect these). It looks like I'm going to have to find a new collection hobby soon since I can't find them. 😞 

No, I always buy a ship ornament. I usually do it at the same time as picking up my VIFP stuff so I can bring it all to the room at the same time. I’ve done it so many times now I just assume people know. Spirit didn’t have them but I think every other ship has..including regal princess and NCL Jewel.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Now to get you on Celebrity, to add them to that comparison.

Maybe I’ll look but I don’t know. I’d bet on Royal before Celebrity.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 6:43 PM, Saint Greg said:

Car rental guy gave me this which didn’t really work. What did work was my maps.me offline app. I got turn by turn directions. 

I use mapsme everywhere I go on vacation. It's the best app ever! Has taken us all over Aruba during our land vacations and never steered me wrong. 

You hit up some great places in Aruba that we always go to. It brings back so many memories. We need to get back there soon. We love Aruba!

• Like 3

On 5/1/2024 at 5:45 PM, Saint Greg said:

I have it set to salt pier now. Salt flats, pink water, hopefully flamingos.

IMG_8575.thumb.jpeg.b511938765b61c63eb49e7de7dd32890.jpeg

IMG_8576.thumb.jpeg.9929d0abf97e33ef3d6c96d162c0674f.jpeg

Can you walk out there close to the pink? 

Is that salt piled up on the second picture?

On 5/1/2024 at 5:47 PM, Saint Greg said:

IMG_8589.thumb.jpeg.c240e6945036af8e90c56d66dabf4541.jpeg

Oooooh, pretty. 

On 5/1/2024 at 5:51 PM, Saint Greg said:

I was keeping my eyes peeled for flamingos and I found one….just the one…

IMG_8600.thumb.jpeg.69b58440f3eb732ac8dfc21361406124.jpeg

FLAMINGO!!! So pretty! 

On 5/1/2024 at 6:03 PM, Saint Greg said:

they have these little spots where you could pull over which I tried to do anytime I saw a car up ahead. Some weren’t as nice when I was coming.

IMG_8633.thumb.jpeg.a1d8b2c467437dd4c1720dbbc31051f9.jpeg

Is most of Bonnaire like this when driving? 

Now I want to go there. That's one place we haven't been to yet. It looks so pretty. Did you pass a lot of beaches when driving?

31 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Can you walk out there close to the pink? 

From what I could tell, crossing the street was as close as you could get.

34 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Is most of Bonnaire like this when driving? 

Now I want to go there. That's one place we haven't been to yet. It looks so pretty. Did you pass a lot of beaches when driving?

Yes. Aruba and Bonaire were very flat, desert areas. Brown, dry, with cactus. Wild donkeys and goats.

I did not see any beachy beaches in Bonaire. I stopped at a few spots and they were all basically land to water without much beach. Maybe there are some, but I didn’t see them along my route. Aruba had more beaches.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 11:47 AM, Saint Greg said:

I know the first thing the guide is going to tell us is no pictures. So the first thing I do is snap some before he can say it.

I'm wondering why you can't take pictures in the caves? We're usually just told no flash. 

On 5/3/2024 at 2:47 PM, Saint Greg said:

I decided to eat pasta for lunch. This is the 2pm line. At one point the people in front of me told me the line was for JiJi’s if I was eating pasta. I weren’t up and asked the hostess. She said it’s for both. I went back and told the people in front of me. They said well everyone in front of you is waiting for JiJi’s. After 5 Mins with no movement I decided to get a burrito instead. I will be extremely upset if I was a half hour waiting in a line when nobody in front of me is going the same place I am.

Same thing on my cruise. There was a long line for JiJi's but those that wanted the pasta went around everyone and got right in. 

On 5/5/2024 at 10:35 AM, Saint Greg said:

The line holdup is they have a guy with a dog. They’re making everyone walk in pairs side by side along this one walkway if you don’t do it right you have to do it again. That holds the entire line up.

I’ve only seen this once before. Houston IAH during Covid May 2021 when I flew to Cozumel.

The girls behind me are from Houston. They say they’ve never seen it before so I don’t think it’s common practice there.

They had the same thing at our home terminal in Columbus. It was the first time I had seen that as well. Times are changing I guess. 

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I'm wondering why you can't take pictures in the caves? We're usually just told no flash. 

I’m assuming some people don’t know/care to turn their flash off and spook the bats. He did let us take pictures in the last two chambers.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 2:51 PM, Saint Greg said:

This is my 27th cruise, 25th with Carnival, first on Horizon, third time out of Miami, and first time to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao.

Late to the party but look forward to catching up on another Saint Greg review.  Crazy that you've only sailed out of Miami 3 times out of 27 cruises.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lupush said:

Late to the party but look forward to catching up on another Saint Greg review.  Crazy that you've only sailed out of Miami 3 times out of 27 cruises.

I hadn’t cruised out of Miami at all until Celebration 2022. I did do a Fort Lauderdale in 2019.

Thanks, Greg, for another great review. I'm just finishing up. Friends and I did an 8-day on Magic in January with 2 of our ports being Aruba and Curacao. Very interesting places and I'd love to go back. I recognized so much from your pictures....things and places we saw and getting to relive it was wonderful. I'll be watching for your next travelogue soon!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A month ago was too early for this. 

Good season if you like true stories. There are 8 of them in there.

Saint Greg’s Spring 2024 Movie Rankings:

Ordinary Angels
Cabrini
Dune 2
Furiosa
Arthur the King
The Long Game
Unsung Hero
The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warefare
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
Sight
If
Fall Guy
Monkey man
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Challengers
Love Lies Bleeding
Knox goes away

Wicked little letters

Back to Black
Civil War

Kong X Godzilla
Late Night with the Devil
Boy Kills World

Garfield
Abigail
Not another church movie
The Strangers Part 1
Arcadian
Kung Fu Panda 4
A Cat’s Life
The American Society of Magic
The First Omen
Immaculate
Imaginary
Drive-Away Dolls
Tarrot
Sting

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those interested in what happened with my car…I finally got it back on Wednesday.

The final total was $13,677. And the shop reimbursed me for an oil change since I had about 4k miles to go when I put it in and it came out saying 0% oil life. I think that may have been an issue with the battery being disconnected but better safe than sorry.

IMG_1058.thumb.jpeg.60be8941974bb40813209209885dec44.jpegIMG_1059.thumb.jpeg.0154fec2fee9b2ff7db602fb590cd6f7.jpeg

IMG_1082.thumb.jpeg.8870e5e99ad7c1f5d258969be88faf30.jpeg

• Like 5