Sunset Suite choices?

Further to my question yesterday on suite perks, we’ve decided to book the sunset suite at the back of the Solstice. The following decks are available, any pros and cons with any of them? Many thanks.

1665 PENTHOUSE DECK
2153 RESORT DECK
8345 VISTA DECK 8
6304/5 CONTINENTAL DECK 6
9299 PANORAMA DECK 9

1 hour ago, astrocat said:

We are currently in an aft corner on Solstice. 1198 deck 10. Very happy w the view! 

That’s good to know, thank you. Hopefully the one deck below yours but on the other side is still available 🙂

Posted (edited)

Stay away from deck 6 on S class(tiny balcony)...I would check on where the spider is located too.  Personally, decks 11 and 10 are my favorite, depending on the window-washer; no worries about it on E class, but I still prefer 10 and 11.

Edited by Lastdance

52 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I couldn’t find the photo with the much smaller balcony, but when I saw it, it made a huge impression...do you think it was just the angle of the photo?

It is my understanding that deck 6 has the smallest balcony. Do not really small.

2153 is a Sky Suite, not a Sunset Sky Suite and is under the Oceanview Bar, behind the Oceanview Cafe. Could well be some noise from above.

8345 is an easy number to remember, as we were in that stateroom last month.

We had quite a bit of annoying noise, a "bloop, bloop" sound that was apparently associated with the air conditioning. It was "fixed" several times, only to return with monotonous regularity. Not too much of a problem if one is not noise sensitive.

One expects some increased noise and vibration when docking, but we also experienced the same when cruising at higher speeds, during which times the wake was obviously much more turbulent.

We would not choose that room again, although apart from noise and vibration, the area is nice as well as the room and balcony being very spacious. Some soot on the balcony, and little shade, which limits use in hot climates.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

2153 is a Sky Suite, not a Sunset Sky Suite

With all due respect, 2153 is classified as a Sunset Sky suite on the Solstice deck plan along with 2155, 2150 and 2148. We will be in 2148 on our May 6th Solstice Alaska cruise and the stateroom is a Sunset Sky Suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DogLover said:

With all due respect, 2153 is classified as a Sunset Sky suite on the Solstice deck plan along with 2155, 2150 and 2148. We will be in 2148 on our May 6th Solstice Alaska cruise and the stateroom is a Sunset Sky Suite.

Celebrity deck plans differentiate the two as Sky Suite 1 and Sky Suite 2, so it looks like we and our agents have used the term Sunset Sky Suite for some or all the aft facing staterooms.

That is of course unless you have a newer printed brochure than we do that does name all aft facing as Sunset Sky Suites and as is common, the website has not been updated to reflect the change in terminology.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Equinox deck plan from US Celebrity site.  All aft facing suites are Sunset Sky Suites.  In the past the corners were S1 and the others S2.   This way they get more revenue for all aft suites.

image.thumb.png.8029a91cc8bf331d4d4f0a86446a6f9f.png

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

One thing consistent about Celebrity is ... inconsistency in their marketing information. 😉 As
@wrk2cruise mentioned, Celebrity has now classified all aft facing Sky suites as "Sunset."

@Baynanno1, I totally agree that previously, Celebrity had the regular Sky suite category (S2) and then S1 were the corner aft suites. Apparently that has changed and the four staterooms I mentioned are now classified as Sunset Sky Suites. If one looks at the deck plan for the Solstice, it mirrors that of the Equinox showing 3 Sky suite designations, SS, S1 and AS (Aqua Sky suites) on Deck 12. Not at all trying to be argumentative and we are truly looking forward to our return visit to Alaska.🥰

image.thumb.png.8b0d0e12a80b4454e9b412d4a3b33e0d.png

Edited by DogLover
Typo

Posted (edited)

@DogLover

It seems we are reporting the information we have available. You obviously have more up to date information than I either have on hand, or am able to locate online.

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Thanks 1