Special Themed "Corners" in the Lido

Bolt.

I was on a Pinnacle class ship last summer. I really enjoyed that on some sea days, in the mid-afternoon, sometimes special themed foods would be set up for a short time in the lido -- taking over one of the "sweet spot" locations. On recent reports, I can see that other folks have had this pleasure too.

I'm wondering: Is there any schedule or predictable plan to know what days and times a "special corner" is going to show up? Also, has anyone experienced this on the not-pinnacle ships? I'll be on the Zaandam in May.

25 minutes ago, Bolt. said:

I was on a Pinnacle class ship last summer. I really enjoyed that on some sea days, in the mid-afternoon, sometimes special themed foods would be set up for a short time in the lido -- taking over one of the "sweet spot" locations. On recent reports, I can see that other folks have had this pleasure too.

I'm wondering: Is there any schedule or predictable plan to know what days and times a "special corner" is going to show up? Also, has anyone experienced this on the not-pinnacle ships? I'll be on the Zaandam in May.

Was just on the Zaandam for 14 days. I am not sure they do this on ships other then the Pinnacle class. 

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

I don't know if there is a schedule, but I have seen these theme buffets on every HAL cruise.

I was about to ask if it's only available on certain ships. Thanks.

LAX

1 hour ago, Bolt. said:

I particularly enjoyed the one that had churros -- a Mexican fried doughnut-stick dessert.

They had that on the Oosterdam a couple of weeks ago on a day when we had enjoyed real churros in Spain. We nibbled one each and sighed.

• Like 1

I know that the themed corners are on the Vista, Signature and Pinnacle Class ships. I've seen them on the R Class as well. In short, pretty much everywhere.

54 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

I really need to spend more time checking out the buffet area!

The "corners" are usually listed on the Lido menus. You'll find the menus on the app.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, POA1 said:

The "corners" are usually listed on the Lido menus. You'll find the menus on the app.

Not a certainty! Here is todays Lido menu and no mention of churros!

Screenshot_20240428_145907_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.b911ad618da558b7c4f729f7444e6297.jpg

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Tonight on Nieuw Statendam

It was not listed anywhere, but I am not complaining.  I had dinner completely made from tapas

That looks amazing!

Was it at supper time? Or did you notice what time they put it out?

I'm assuming it was on a sea day?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bolt. said:

That looks amazing!

Was it at supper time? Or did you notice what time they put it out?

I'm assuming it was on a sea day?

It was Lido dinner, available at 5.30pm.  We were in Arrecife, Lazarote, so a port day with 5pm sailaway.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Not a certainty! Here is todays Lido menu and no mention of churros!

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways. 😉 We had Asian corner, Italian corner and Mexican corners pretty regularly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Tonight on Nieuw Statendam

20240428_175725.thumb.jpg.b3d06de353dc3bcfafef9540f844b500.jpg

20240428_175917.thumb.jpg.f60eed38985818823d41f2698f657f0f.jpg

It was not listed anywhere, but I am not complaining.  I had dinner completely made from tapas

That all looks amazing. I love tapas as it allows you to try a bunch of different things 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1