No more photos on a bridge tour

Plato123

We were recently on the Equinox and had a chance to have a bridge tour.  It was not our first, so when I was told no photos (still or video) were allowed I was not too disappointed. For others who had not been on a bridge tour before it was disappointing.

Interestingly, our printed invitation did say still photos were allowed, and security checked out my camera equipment just before the tour, but once we were on the bridge we were told that photos were no longer permitted, and this was a fleet wide decision. 

17 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

We were recently on the Equinox and had a chance to have a bridge tour.  It was not our first, so when I was told no photos (still or video) were allowed I was not too disappointed. For others who had not been on a bridge tour before it was disappointing.

Interestingly, our printed invitation did say still photos were allowed, and security checked out my camera equipment just before the tour, but once we were on the bridge we were told that photos were no longer permitted, and this was a fleet wide decision. 

On the Reflection last week we were allowed to take still pictures, but no video.

I can understand why they would pivot to no photos. We were allowed to take photos on our bridge tour but it was several years ago.  I don’t think I’ve looked at them even once.  I think people should be ok. We have gotten to such a state in our culture that some sort of camera/phone is practically surgically attached to our bodies. I’m ok with some things just being a memory in my mind. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

We have been on a number of bridge tours on different ships and while having a photo memory of the visit is a nice thing, if we had not yet been on a bridge tour the lack of being able to take pictures would not stop us from having that experience.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

45 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Seems a bit pointless as there are numerous bridge photos of many Celebrity ships on the net!

There are also countless pictures of every landmark in the world, so does that mean most photos are pointless?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

There are also countless pictures of every landmark in the world, so does that mean most photos are pointless?

Obviously I meant a ban on taking bridge photos seems pointless

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

LOL..pics of my family hold much more weight with me..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Obviously I meant a ban on taking bridge photos seems pointless

Maybe it just slows down the tour..always someone taking multiple pics of everything…I wouldn’t even take a camera/phone..

• Like 1

Many of us have photos of the bridge.  So it’s ok for us not to be able to in the future but for those having never had the opportunity to visit the bridge I can understand why it’s a disappointment for them.  It was fun to get photos of our family on the bridge as it was a memorable event.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

last time the photographer took a nice  group pic and a few indiv ones with Cap..all for sale!

They finally realized that can monetize it.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, mauimary said:

Many of us have photos of the bridge.  So it’s ok for us not to be able to in the future but for those having never had the opportunity to visit the bridge I can understand why it’s a disappointment for them.  It was fun to get photos of our family on the bridge as it was a memorable event.  

A have memories of DH meeting me at the gate with flowers when I returned from business trips.  Those days of greeting passengers as they walked off a plane are long gone.  Unfortunately that is what our world has become. I’m surprised bridge tours are still allowed. 

• Like 1