Room Service/Ocean Now Basics

Haven't been on Princess since covid. I would like to know how the Ocean now and room service operates today.

1. When I board, if I want room service, what are the procedures to follow?

2. After the first time I order and pay the initial fee, what are the steps to order in the future?

Thank you 

If you have the plus or premier fares/packages, Ocean Now via the app and room service via the phone are included. If you have the standard fare then the first time you use the Ocean Now app you will be charged $14.99. This fee does not include phone in room service. For those with the standard fare each time you phone in for room service you are charged $5.

There is no charge for food and morning beverages using the evening/morning breakfast room service door hang tag.

Ocean Now delivery is to wherever you are on board the ship. You are located by your medallion. If you are in your cabin, that's where the order is delivered. At the pool, delivered to you there.

There are food items and beverages you can choose. Some food items have an extra charge, many are no charge. Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages are charged at the menu price +18% if you have the standard fare. If you have the plus/premier fare there is no charge for up to 15 alcoholic beverages within the price limits and unlimited non alcoholic beverages. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On my recent cruise there was no old style room service menu. There was the old style breakfast hang tag and then there was Ocean Now. Ocean Now isn't just room service. It is delivery to wherever you are on board, and that could be your cabin.

Without Plus/Premier, you will be charged $5 for every time you pick up the phone to call in an order.  After paying the initial $14.99 (really Princess), you may order anything from Room Service from the app.  

4 hours ago, artvlay said:

Haven't been on Princess since covid. I would like to know how the Ocean now and room service operates today.

1. When I board, if I want room service, what are the procedures to follow?

2. After the first time I order and pay the initial fee, what are the steps to order in the future?

Thank you 

If you look under the Dine My Wine topic at the top of the page, I listed the items available on the hanging tag for breakfast in one post and food items available from Ocean Now in another.

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

Is the Room Service menu different from the options on Ocean Now?

If you haven't been on Princess since pre-covid, yes, the menu has changed.  Some items come with a charge.  Some items have been deleted or replaced (chocolate cake is not the same).  Basic items are still available for now charge.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HotRoot said:

If you look under the Dine My Wine topic at the top of the page, I listed the items available on the hanging tag for breakfast in one post and food items available from Ocean Now in another.

Dine my Wine?  Love it

• Haha 1