Question about steakhouse

My wife and daughter wants to eat at the steakhouse, I do not. My question is, if I make reservations for them to eat, can I go up and sit with them and just drink a couple glasses of bourbon and still be able to sit at the table with them. 

Not likely since if they go, it would be a 2 person table.  If you go, they would need a 4-person table which means they would be losing 4 spots for other diners with only 2 people paying.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

Not likely since if they go, it would be a 2 person table.  If you go, they would need a 4-person table which means they would be losing 4 spots for other diners with only 2 people paying.  

We have often (regularly) been seated at a four top when it's only the two of us.

gary

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, gtaylor said:

We have often (regularly) been seated at a four top when it's only the two of us.

gary

We have, too.

We've been told that everyone who sits at the table gets charged. It's not about the number of people tying up seats, it's about revenue  - they don't want people sharing food w/people who aren't paying for food. 

@wareaglefan444 But always worth asking.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

I recommend allowing them to do it if that's what they want and you find something else to do during that time.

Personally, I would feel uncomfortable going if I wasn't eating and taking part in the meal.

Probably not in the MDR if I wasn't particularly hungry, but the Steakhouse is different as it specifically is a specialty restaurant and has a cover charge. Regardless if you'll be eating or not I'm sure. 

• Like 1

When my wife wants to eat at the Steakhouse and I don't, we will sometimes eat in the main dining room and she can order the Surf and Turf from the steakhouse for $23 plus 18%.  She does not get the extra service and such, but it is a compromise.

• Like 2