Got the blue 'envelope.' Darn little in it? Is that right?

clo

We sale 7/4 so that seemed like good timing. But in it was a letter that, except for our names, was completely boilerplate. We also got luggage tags with name inserts. (Great looking!) And a generic Nautica brochure. Should there be something else? TIA

6 minutes ago, clo said:

We sale 7/4 so that seemed like good timing. But in it was a letter that, except for our names, was completely boilerplate. We also got luggage tags with name inserts. (Great looking!) And a generic Nautica brochure. Should there be something else? TIA

Isn’t there an existing thread on this when they began sending them again?

Yes, there is another thread discussing the "blue envelopes" reappearance.

No, there isn't anything else based on what three other couples and ourselves received for our June Riviera sailing.  Nice luggage tags and the nice glossy PR piece on the Riviera. Nothing else

2 minutes ago, thebsinmiss said:

No, there isn't anything else based on what three other couples and ourselves received for our June Riviera sailing.  Nice luggage tags and the nice glossy PR piece on the Riviera. Nothing else

I suck at searching on this site. It's no "Google." 🙂 So thanks. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, clo said:

But guess what…..if you google cruise critic oceania blue book back…….there it is!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

But guess what…..if you google cruise critic oceania blue book back…….there it is!

That is HILARIOUS!!!! And I (used to ) consider myself a Queen of Google. Thanks and it will be handled that way in the future.

• Thanks 1

If all the cruise critic folks thing O is "big brother" (posts on sales calls from O after going on site) then wait until the figure out what info Goggle has on them !

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, thebsinmiss said:

If all the cruise critic folks thing O is "big brother" (posts on sales calls from O after going on site) then wait until the figure out what info Goggle has on them !

I truly have nothing that I care enough to hide so don't care....but yeah.

7 hours ago, thebsinmiss said:

Yet some people are chomping at the bit for an app 🥸

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, clo said:

And a generic Nautica brochure.

Wasn't the Nautica brochure customized for you?  In February/March we were on a cruise on Marina.  The brochure we received had our names on it on several pages.  For the page about our accommodations it showed a photo and other information about our Oceania Suite including the room number for our suite.  We were highly impressed by the brochure....just like the ones on pre-covid cruises.

20 hours ago, clo said:

I sometimes search on Google adding the word CruiseCritic and it finds threads that are impossible to searching on CC.  

• Like 4

20 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

LOL - another rebel.     I live about 1 mile from Google Headquarters and Google is my Best Friend. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I sometimes search on Google adding the word CruiseCritic and it finds threads that are impossible to searching on CC.  

Yes! I do the same. Have found the CC search function completely useless. Don't even try any more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jazznruby said:

Yes! I do the same. Have found the CC search function completely useless. Don't even try any more.

It really is about the only way to search for something on here.

20 hours ago, clo said:

That is HILARIOUS!!!! And I (used to ) consider myself a Queen of Google. Thanks and it will be handled that way in the future.

I consider myself another Queen of Google.  But I do find searching on this, and many other sites, quite frustrating. 

• Like 1

Is there a quick way to look for posts by name?  Someone apparently posted info on the Simply More Excursion Package, and I searched for it and came up with nothing.

5 hours ago, Torquer said:

Wasn't the Nautica brochure customized for you?  In February/March we were on a cruise on Marina.  The brochure we received had our names on it on several pages.  For the page about our accommodations it showed a photo and other information about our Oceania Suite including the room number for our suite.  We were highly impressed by the brochure....just like the ones on pre-covid cruises.

Nothing at all but you're in a suite. That must make the difference.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL - another rebel.     I live about 1 mile from Google Headquarters and Google is my Best Friend. 

No, no. They're my BFF.

6 hours ago, Torquer said:

Again, nope. And again, I'm guessing it's the suite that does it. I wonder, six weeks out, will I get anything else in print? Emails are fine too.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, clo said:

Again, nope. And again, I'm guessing it's the suite that does it. I wonder, six weeks out, will I get anything else in print? Emails are fine too.

You will be receiving some emails either from them directly or forwarded to you by your TA if you used one. I think following pretty much is it…if I missed something, someone can add to it. 

1) Invoice Summary…..which will include any tours you may have purchased and rundown of payments. Also will include a reminder to make sure Guest Registration form has been completed and checked for accuracy. 
2) Final Vacation Summary + Online Check in instructions.  A lot of summary is items included in 1) above 

3) Reminders to check in online….sometimes even if you already have. 
4) Your Boarding passes after you have completed check in

You will start getting these approximately 3 weeks from sail date. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

You will be receiving some emails either from them directly or forwarded to you by your TA if you used one. I think following pretty much is it…if I missed something, someone can add to it. 

1) Invoice Summary…..which will include any tours you may have purchased and rundown of payments. Also will include a reminder to make sure Guest Registration form has been completed and checked for accuracy. 
2) Final Vacation Summary + Online Check in instructions.  A lot of summary is items included in 1) above 

Bless your heart.

9 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

You will start getting these approximately 3 weeks from sail date. 

And how could I have forgotten the email to watch the safety video around 3 days prior to sail date and the reminders to do it even after you have already watched it several times.  

• Haha 5

On 5/11/2024 at 5:00 PM, thebsinmiss said:

We received the same last week for July 6 sailing.  Last summer, all our information was printed in the front of the booklet.  I was disappointed, too.  

18 hours ago, clo said:

Nope, not the suite, I just checked my Jan/Feb book for Marina, 24 day. On page 4 it has personalized information about us, on page 18 it has our stateroom with our name, a picture of the room and a deck plan showing where the room is. 

Then for our most recent Regatta cruise that left on 4-20 for 11 days only had a generic book about Regatta and no personalized information. No suite for either cruise. 

So, it's one of a few things, they simply quit doing the personalized info sometime in March(my pick), they don't do them for the smaller ships, or it depends on cruise length. Or something else. .

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

Nope, not the suite, I just checked my Jan/Feb book for Marina, 24 day. On page 4 it has personalized information about us, on page 18 it has our stateroom with our name, a picture of the room and a deck plan showing where the room is. 

Then for our most recent Regatta cruise that left on 4-20 for 11 days only had a generic book about Regatta and no personalized information. No suite for either cruise. 

So, it's one of a few things, they simply quit doing the personalized info sometime in March(my pick), they don't do them for the smaller ships, or it depends on cruise length. Or something else. .

Totally no biggie. And page 18 is the GDR with Baristas on the facing page.