Another live from Explora I departing LA 12th May

21 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

Is the water bottle double construction (like the yeti brand) so keeps contents cold?

Yes. We use them at home now they’re great 

Well, from my experience on board so far I found the crew be absolutely magnificent, kind and friendly.

One design fault I have discovered, is that the rooms don’t appear to have a doorbell, so whenever anyone wants your attention, you hear a little light tapping on the door, which is difficult to hear at the best of times, especially when you are on the balcony! Then you have to close the balcony door, before opening the door to the corridor, or all the papers on the tray being delivered get blown everywhere! 😉

When they wash the windows above, they need to notify those in isolation and not just assume everyone is inside or provide umbrellas (only kidding).

One thing I have really appreciated during my period of isolation is all the social media chitchat: which has kept my spirits up.

• Like 7

I think the above post should have started about the tote bag, that I have seen but not examined it, as I think it’s a thing that the ladies think more of. I would’ve preferred a box of chocolates, but they probably think we have enough calories.

After months of planning for the cruise and getting over excited , most of my plans have gone out of the window, due to catching this dreadful virus. I’ve had plans to use all the fitness facilities and restrict my diet, in order to return home in a fairly healthy and slim state. I can’t see this happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The key holder is just a small navy cardboard wallet, probably again done for sustainability reasons, but after a week it is still in tact and usable, although not sure it would be much good if it gets wet!. I have however seen others on board with lanyard type holders or plastic cases that I suspect they brought with them which seem a bit more durable. 

i agree with Mikes comments on the tote bag although it has come in handy for me as whilst I bring my own bag to use on the ship I don’t necessarily want to take a branded bag ashore and on some trips. The nature of the bag did mean that after a recent ATV excursion in Mexico where myself and the bag got incredibly dusty, the tote was able to go straight in the washing machine which was helpful. If you have been on Seabourn or Regent where they provide a Longchamp type zip bag which folds small, I suggest you may wish to bring that with you or similar.

• Like 2

Just now, TrinaLC said:

Is the card equipped with a punch hole for a lanyard?

No and I did not see many people wearing lanyards any time onboard. I’m sure guest services would put a punch in it if you are a lanyard user. Personally because I’m tagged up all the time I’m the office I love to be lanyard free on holiday. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, uktog said:

No and I did not see many people wearing lanyards any time onboard. I’m sure guest services would put a punch in it if you are a lanyard user. Personally because I’m tagged up all the time I’m the office I love to be lanyard free on holiday. 

AGREED 

Another thing to note is that the card is needed to operate the lights and electricity in your room, so when you remove it, if you have left any devices charging, charging will cease.

Another potential problem is that if one person leaves the suite early in the morning and takes their card with them, when the second person wakes up, they will have no electricity!

I solved this issue by getting a dummy card.

Any card can activate the lights. We use our Tesco Clubcard in hotel rooms and on Explora. Have done since these safety saver devices started to be used. 

I can understand why they want you in the room when charging items. Two lines specifically ask you to be present if charging phones tablets or computers for good safety reasons. I believe on one room staff are instructed to unplug anything you’re charging when not in the room. 

29 minutes ago, saminina said:

Any average room attendant will supply a card in slot before you even notice it is needed.

You are correct our “host” on Explora noticed the Tesco card and replaced it with a blank 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

You are correct our “host” on Explora noticed the Tesco card and replaced it with a blank 

Ours did too - to keep the a/c cooling the room.

• Like 2

One of the bar staff has just informed me that they are expecting a high number of passengers embarking in Panama, taking the ships passenger level to around 700. It will be interesting to see how this changes the service (if at all) and ambiance. I will try and get a more accurate figure 

5 minutes ago, Sidney68 said:

One of the bar staff has just informed me that they are expecting a high number of passengers embarking in Panama, taking the ships passenger level to around 700. It will be interesting to see how this changes the service (if at all) and ambiance. I will try and get a more accurate figure 

Will truly love to hear your report on how the ship handles that passenger load in service food and ambiance

Thank you

• Like 1

Just now, English Tim said:

Another thing to note is that the card is needed to operate the lights and electricity in your room, so when you remove it, if you have left any devices charging, charging will cease.

Another potential problem is that if one person leaves the suite early in the morning and takes their card with them, when the second person wakes up, they will have no electricity!

I solved this issue by getting a dummy card.

What!I been in hotels like that  and get two keys.when I am out normally something charging. No one told me that. Guest I will just  get another key daily. Will pack my own tote and bring my own water bottles.

8 hours ago, Roel94 said:

What!I been in hotels like that  and get two keys.when I am out normally something charging. No one told me that. Guest I will just  get another key daily. Will pack my own tote and bring my own water bottles.

The water bottles are really good quality so no need to bring your own. 
Your suite host will sort you out a socket key card no problem. I think Tim’s host didn’t realise the issue but with Tim being in quarantine they might not have been spending as long in the room as usual. 

On 5/17/2024 at 7:05 PM, Sidney68 said:

The pool on deck 5 astern is my favourite, it’s quiet and whilst you cannot swim in the pool it’s perfect for a dip

That was my favorite too. However on my cruise in March there were several groups of young children who used the pool daily and disturbed the quiet tat you enjoyed. EV should make this the adult only pool instead of the one up front that doesn't open all the time. Also the deck 5 aft pool is right below the premium Residence Suites and the kids' noise was very disturbing. Hate to think how busy that pool will be with a full ship during the school holidays.

• Like 3

On 5/18/2024 at 2:13 PM, Sidney68 said:

You will not see a noticeable difference.   Reason being no noticeable difference in passenger count.  Source: one of the bar staff.   Oh, and common sense.

My partner is celebrating his birthday today and we returned from our excursion to find our cabin in darkness and the room decorated, what a lovely surprise! This is going over and above and certainly made him feel very special photo doesn’t do it justice with all the little faux candles, banners etc.

IMG_6514.jpeg

• Like 9