cabin prices...

14 minutes ago, hoosier sailor said:

What websites do you use to keep track of your stateroom rates?

Usually that's done on a TA site and those are not allowed to be mentioned on CC. The RCI site sorta has a price tracking feature ($ in the upper right of main page).

19 minutes ago, hoosier sailor said:

What websites do you use to keep track of your stateroom rates?  I have a cruise booked for a year from now and would like to keep track of te prices for any reductions?

I just keep a spreadsheet in my computer.  

Posted (edited)

There used to be a website that was third party and tracked most of the cruise lines and was very effective as a tool.  Unfortunately that site no longer exists and just about the only way to do so now is to periodically do a mock booking of your itinerary to look for price changes.  Or trigger that by new promos and sales. 

If you booked through a TA and they are good that way, they could also periodically check for you.  But basically you are on your own as the cruise lines won't do it as with the hundreds of thousands of bookings they manage it would be an impossible task.  Not to mention the business fact that they would not want to voluntarily give up revenue.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

49 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There used to be a website that was third party and tracked most of the cruise lines and was very effective as a tool

cruiseplum still does that. Though they aren't always accurate with current pricing, but it still gives you a good idea.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

cruiseplum still does that. Though they aren't always accurate with current pricing, but it still gives you a good idea.

Wasn't familiar with that one.  Thanks.  I was referring to the old cruise fish.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Another vote for cruiseplum.com

Since they are not a cruise agency trying to sell cruises, they don't have a cluttered website with ads and promotions.

They have options for automatic price alerts for stateroom categories.

Looks like a good site but my next cruise is not listed on it.

13 hours ago, hoosier sailor said:

Vision of the Seas in Jan.

It looks like the 3 Vision sailings in this coming January are listed on cruiseplum still.  Try one of these links:

Jan 4 https://www.cruiseplum.com/cruise/US/2-people/Vision-Of-The-Seas/2025-01-04/12-days

Jan 16 https://www.cruiseplum.com/cruise/US/2-people/Vision-Of-The-Seas/2025-01-16/8-days

Jan 24 https://www.cruiseplum.com/cruise/US/2-people/Vision-Of-The-Seas/2025-01-24/8-days

It looks like prices are starting to dip for these sailings as well, so now would be a good time to secure a lower rate.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:41 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I frequently check RCI’s website although lately it has been a waste of time since every cruise I have booked has increased price wise  since I booked the cruise(s). 

Same here.  Prior to the pandemic, I usually would check booked cruise prices a minimum 3-4 times  a week, but now some of the pricing is mind-blowing.

Looking at another Alaska, our first one way back in 2013 on Radiance, we snagged an aft Sunset Balcony for under $2K, same ship same itin next August $3500...boing!😲

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Looking at another Alaska, our first one way back in 2013 on Radiance, we snagged an aft Sunset Balcony for under $2K, same ship same itin next August $3500...boing!😲

Doesnt sound bad to me. My price for a inside balcony this oct about 1k, was over $3400 last I looked though came down some down. Not even for a good balcony. Harmony. I dont bother to check prices.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

What's so funny, is that I have a Liberty 9 niter (Ocean View) from Bayonne for September '25, but a similar sailing in Septermber'24 is cheaper.  Maybe the same will happen as we get closer to sail.😊

I just go to the RC website and act like I am doing another booking.  My upcoming cruise on Utopia has gone down 6 times since I booked a couple of months ago.  I just call RC and they give me the new price.  

I have saved $500 so far and final payment is not until July.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

It looks like the 3 Vision sailings in this coming January are listed on cruiseplum still.  Try one of these links:

Jan 4 https://www.cruiseplum.com/cruise/US/2-people/Vision-Of-The-Seas/2025-01-04/12-days

Jan 16 https://www.cruiseplum.com/cruise/US/2-people/Vision-Of-The-Seas/2025-01-16/8-days

Jan 24 https://www.cruiseplum.com/cruise/US/2-people/Vision-Of-The-Seas/2025-01-24/8-days

It looks like prices are starting to dip for these sailings as well, so now would be a good time to secure a lower rate.

Thanks for all your help, I guess I just couldn't figure out how to use the page.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

That’s not too bad of a price increase, $1500 over 11 years and post pandemic. Prior to the pandemic, I frequently booked cruises for less than I paid 5 years previously and sometimes longer. Unfortunately I think those days are gone. 

3 hours ago, EbayCruiser said:

My upcoming cruise on Utopia has gone down 6 times since I booked a couple of months ago.  I just call RC and they give me the new price.  

Not on my Icon sailing....sniff 😭